Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Advertising BMR

• Thread starter HeyThereLittleBear
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeyThereLittleBear

So, this is a two-part thing: one a question, and the other a suggestion.

Question: Does BMR have a button? (image that is 88px W x 31pxH to put in signatures / on sites / etc)

Suggestion: If you haven't already done so, you could get a good amount of members by posting on RPG-D (if you want a link, I can give it but it's pretty easy to just google) with a note in red that this site is for 18+ only. If I'm not mistaken, they will permit this site.

I think there might be a button. I'm not positive but a pretty good suggestion. I do hope though, that if there was advertising on the site, it wouldn't attract underaged kids thinking they can sneak on here. That would be my main concern.

That would be a concern because RPG-D is open to all 13+ (don't quote me on that), but it shouldn't be too hard to weed out the underage people. They're pretty easy to spot.

If you all decide it's a good idea, I'll whip up a little button that size.

To advertise on RPG-D, a staff member of this site must make an account there, make 15 valid posts, then he/she would be able to post the advertisement. Their button (their 88x31 image) would have to be displayed on BM's main page.

As I scan through their rating system, all the staff member would have to do is add the highest rating on the scale to the advertisement. They do allow R/NC-17/M/etc advertisements.

Rea said:
To advertise on RPG-D, a staff member of this site must make an account there, make 15 valid posts, then he/she would be able to post the advertisement. Their button (their 88x31 image) would have to be displayed on BM's main page.

As I scan through their rating system, all the staff member would have to do is add the highest rating on the scale to the advertisement. They do allow R/NC-17/M/etc advertisements.

I'd be more than happy to help with the application process. I'm a member of RPG-D and I think it would be pretty easy to help someone along.
^^

HeyThereLittleBear said:
I'd be more than happy to help with the application process. I'm a member of RPG-D and I think it would be pretty easy to help someone along.
^^
Only a staff member of this site can submit the application on RPG-D, but whoever chooses to do so would certainly appreciate your help.

Rea said:
HeyThereLittleBear said:
^^
Only a staff member of this site can submit the application on RPG-D, but whoever chooses to do so would certainly appreciate your help.

I didn't intend on posting for them, but I can definitely answer any questions that an admin has.

Display their link on our main page? I mean, I see why they ask, and I'm sure it's feasible, but I don't think we actually need the help... We're already quite successful on our own merits, and we already have a network of friend sites in Elliquiy and Vek's other projects.

Ultimately up to the staff, of course, I just don't much like the thought of advertising others permanently.

Rea said:

So for a buried link on their mid-sized forum, they want a front-page link on ours?

@Try;
RPG-D is meant more for specific roleplaying boards anyway. People who have their own plot on a jcink/IF/PB/etc board often use it to advertise, since it's a pretty good resource site. Unfortunately, a lot of stuffy heads reside there.

@Vek;
Almost. To post an advertisement that you may bump once per month sorted away among the hundreds of advertisements, you must host their button on your main forum page. Definitely a fair trade, eh?

Rea said:
@Try;
RPG-D is meant more for specific roleplaying boards anyway. People who have their own plot on a jcink/IF/PB/etc board often use it to advertise, since it's a pretty good resource site. Unfortunately, a lot of stuffy heads reside there.

@Vek;
Almost. To post an advertisement that you may bump once per month sorted away among the hundreds of advertisements, you must host their button on your main forum page. Definitely a fair trade, eh?

If I wanted to get into that nonsense I'd just start doing SEO for E and BMR again. My current tack is to find a different avenue to put Elliquiy and Blue Moon on 'the map', preferably something that doesn't involve me spending thousands of hours doing linkbuilding again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom