Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mods for other sections of the site (Mainly Academy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyYunaFFX2

Pulsar
Specifically the Blue Moon Academy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the mods that are here on the site don't do enough. That's far from the truth. You all do a lot and I - along with other members, I'm sure - greatly appreciate it.

But as of late, there have been far too many posts and threads that don't at all fit to the criteria that's supposed to be followed with the Blue Moon Academy.

It could be applied to other sections but I haven't really seen any of them having issues like the Academy has been as of late. But just .. yeah. Some have really taken me aback and not at all in any good form or fashion. And since I myself am not a mod, maybe we should allow those who have the correct authority to fix and keep the posts/threads in the Academy ... appropriate?

Just my two cents but I really think something about this needs to be done if possible.

-LadyYunaFFX2

I'm usually pretty impartial. Admittedly, I may have gone against that in one thread but aside from that, I can easily keep to that mindset with no real troubles. I realize this is a call for darkangel76 or someone with enough authority, and that's more than fine. But I don't mind putting my name as a possibility out there either.

During the nearly 2 years I've been here, I've thoroughly loved this site and would be more than willing to help out in other ways possible than just posting, if doable.

Thanks though for the support, Trygon.

I'd throw my name into the hat if it was open.

I did admin for an RP site some time ago, and I'd love to be able to do mroe to help keep this site the excellent place I've be spending time in for so very long.

Honestly, this is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone nor would give any one single person. Why? Because that person would be seen as the site 'rat'. BMA is a section of intellectual debate and discussion. Things often times get quite heated and if things have to get closed down, it is human nature for people to get upset at the thread closer. Immediately people get miffed that they don't get in their final word or don't get the chance to see that 'come back'. That's a lot of weight for one single person to bear. Hell, it's a lot for a group of people to bear. But, it's better for a group of people to bear it than one single person. As such, there are currently a set of guidelines listed in BMA for people to follow. Those guidelines will be tightened up and be made into rules for that section. They will be followed and the section more closely monitored by current staff (admin, global mods, and sectionals). I suggest people who frequent the section just make use of the report button if they feel something within the rules for that particular section aren't being followed, HOWEVER do NOT get upset if staff doesn't share your interpretation. Remember, rules are made by staff and thus interpreted accordingly. You can bring them to staff's attention, but that doesn't mean they will agree with you. So, be accepting of staff's decisions whether it's to disagree with a report or to decide to close a thread and be mindful of the rules (and for now the current guidelines) when posting ANYTHING in that section.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom