Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sinner's Secrets: Castle: Hallowed Hunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallowed Hunts

Here lies the trophy room of the King....The original King of Secrets was an avid hunter.....demon...human....immortal? He cared not...and he collected there souls and sealed them in vases....those line the walls behind there physical parts.....but take care...it has been sometime since this room was sealed...are the undead still safely sealed away? or do they wait in shadows to devour your soul? test them and see....if you dare....

599375_105827706291600_2076525930_n.jpg

Code:
[img]IMAGE[/img]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Species:[/b]
[b]Date/Time:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Company:[/b]
[hr]

Character: Raven
Species: Vampyric Warlock
Title: King of Secrets
Time: Dusk?
Company: OPEN

Raven slumped back into his leather chair...the soft smell of tea brewing mixing with the musky air...he stretched a bit, his neck cracking as he turned....he took the kettle from above the fire and poured a cup....the vapors drifting up and into the eyes of a stuffed owl perched just sbove the hearth....a small rabbit grasped within his claws....as he poured Raven glanced to the adjoining chair...he seemed to smile softly...an unnatural look for such a gaunt complexion....he sipped his tea....then spoke as if his mate was present... "Well my dear, is all well within the kingdom".....he chuckled a bit st his own ramblings...he was still not comfortable...him a king...and so manynew creatures...some he would wish to hunt...but he knew as a king that was improper...but he could dream could he not....he seemed to dream best when awake...part of his mother's gift...he took another sip of tea and continued reading the letter from his brother...seemed Ringo, Duece and there mates had arrived to retrieve Lady Abel...he was always pleased to hear of there safety...though he knew there was little question...and dc Lady Fang was no doubt nearby....he leaned back...closed his eyes...and let his mind wander....

1800381_482049798568031_905198441_n.jpg

Character Name: Desiree Rose Sethos
Character Species: Vampire (old order)
Date/Time: April 6th: Dusk
Company: Lord Raven

Desiree was actually raised by Raven, he taught her a great deal of what she knew and because of this they had become very close, not of course on a sexual level, for anyone to suggest such a thing would mean their very own deaths, but on a greater level. It was in fact she who brought Lady Snickerz to Secrets in an attempt to first drag Raven to the land. He didn't wish to come but they both knew at the end of everything it was his destiny, and it was her duty to see to it that he met that destiny. As such when she returned with Rayni she almost stayed, the young elf is really the only reason she didn't. Duty rang loudly however and could not be ignored so she was brought back.

The task of bringing her back was risky, it could very well have put Rogue's in danger, which bothered Desiree, but only for a brief second. Her loyalty was to Secrets, and to it's King and Queen. "Does speaking to yourself allow his lordship to feel more at peace?" A voice called out from the shadows before stepping into view. Desiree was dressed from head to toe in black, her face hidden within the shadows of a black hood. As she continued to speak however she lowered it, revealing her face as she lowered her head in a bow of respect. "Your queen mingles with friends and family from the new world, she will soon request that you do the same." With the age of Secrets and it's high level of importance they considered any world aside from it to be the 'new world' and Rogue's was certainly just a baby in comparison.

Character Name: Raven
Character Species: Vampyric Warlock
Company: Desiree Sethos

Raven frowned...as a man with an uncomfortable thorn beneath him he slumped a bit...Desiree had a way with words...her he was quite relaxed with...her words ?...They rang of Sethos...and that at times made him uncomfortable...one Sethos in particular...he turned...reaching out to stirnthe ashes and toss a small log on the fire...anything to hide his discomfort with the subject..though he knew such efforts were futal..Desiree loooked into his very soul...and that...that made him [c
uncomfortable..for he knew what demons recided there.. "Are there not others for such duties...I am a king correct...why do they come...I watched from the tower today....do they all seek there death? Or some great wisdom? Well let them find it as I did...in the depths of Limbo...""..he looked over at Desiree...she sat silent...no expression....damn he hated that...so calm...he was too good of a teacher....at least she was his sole pupil...at least the only he revealed all to...he refilled his tea cup...he filled a second....offered it to her with a frown of submission....

A dark smirk crossed Desiree's face as she watched Raven, and his words only drew a darker gaze from her still. "Oh yes m'lord, there are certainly others who would be glad to take that task off your hands." Desiree began as she took a step towards the chair that sat across from Raven, she looked at it for a short time before turning her attention to her lord, the look on her face darkening even more as an evil gleem seemed to show. "I'm certain there are many tasks that others would like to take off your hands.... Such as bedding your queen." Desiree quickly stepped back at the comment. It was a ballsy one and she knew it, dangerous to even joke on such a matter, but the truth stood true, as much as he disliked his position least wise parts of it, he had to know that he either took it all.... Or left it all.... And part of all that he would leave was Lady Snickerz.

"I've known you far to long m'lord, you care for her, it's why you came when I brought her here, it's why you brought her back, and it's why you'll do your duties as they are called upon you to do." Desiree placed her hands in front of her as she turned her attention to the hearth and drew in a slow but deep breath while she watched the flames "The Oracle was to call the sisters, the arrival of their counterparts was expected, however the others I can not speak for because I do not fully understand their presence here." Turning to Raven her face lost all expression before she spoke again. "I'm afraid that is momentarily beyond my knowledge." The truth was that Desiree could find out anything she needed, anything she wanted, but she saw no reason to rush things here, not when she had so many chances to pull Raven into the mix.

Character Name: Raven

Raven listened intently...raising an eyebrow at the 'bedding' comment...but he took it in stride...a fight with a Sethos was certainly not on his list at this time...he turned a bit as she ceased speaking...the words tumbling through his mind..think Rafeal he could hear thst damn elf say....so he did....but it simply made him anxious....so he emptied his mind for a moment...this he could do...then he turned back to Desiree.

"Something you do not know....how precious" Raven chuckled a bit then seemed to look about....peering into the shadows as if looking for ears...he pulled at his tie a bit...loosening it and tossing the red bow tie upon a nearby table.....he paused as he ran his tongue over his fangs....then spoke...soft and very guarded..."This place...I mean this castle...well I guess all of Secrets I have seen...when your alone...as I often am....and you as well...do you..." he paused and swallowed hard...then continued "Do you hear things....I mean do you hear voices...often faint...occasionally...well like by The Woods....quite strong...or am I quite deranged?...as some have suggested..."

Desiree stood unmoved at the backhanded insult of her not knowing something, she asked for it, she always had asked for such things from him, and she took them more than willingly. She wasn't a slave to Raven however because just as she took them she dished them out. Things such as her comment of others willing to screw his wife, though she would admit that may have been going a bit far. She took his raised eyebrow as a sign of that. So she made no comment to his response. She should know was the truth of it, and the fact that she didn't before addressing him, well that shouldn't have happened. She watched him curiously as he removed his tie, this place was for him as the ghrotto was for The Slayer in Peaceful Valley, so it was not unexpected that he wished to be comfortable, but the fact that the seriousness of the conversation seemed to continue though he did, did throw her slightly off her game.

As he spoke Desiree moved forward, making her way to the chair and calmly sitting down. True she was not verbally invited, but the words he spoke next showed that he was by no means finished speaking. As he finished speaking Desiree simply laughed, it was a darker laugh than most creatures she was around would usually hear. Sitting back she rested her elbows on the chair, meeting her fingers together in front of her face. As she took in his words she simply watched them as they strumbed against one another. "I am the Whisperer of Secrets m'lord, my job is to hear the voices, the whispers, the discomfort and the uneasy feelings that the land gives off. You know the stories, of the woods, of Sliver, and the dragon, Stardust.... Surely you must?" Her last words were more in a question form as she looked to Raven and slowly lowered her hands to her lap.

"You will grow used to the voices m'lord, to the eerie sounds of the night, the sounds that are of knives scraping against bones. You'd think with all your time in Hell you already would. Secrets has two entrances two Limbo, one of them lies within Whispering Woods, where the balance of good and evil within this land are kept, holding each of us prisoners here as we hold it prisoner there. It's the vicious circle of life. The voices have simply become more now because the land is scoping out the new arrivals." Desiree glanced into the fire for a brief second as she sighed. "We must bring order to chaos before the woods take the chance to feed off it."

Character Name: Raven Stroigoscu

Ravens posture slumped a bit and his firm expression softened a bit as Desiree took a seat...he squeezed a bit of lemon and put a few drops of honey into it..for during her studies they had spent long days like this...but now it seemed he was the student...he rather enjoyed the idea...though nothing about this was to his liking at the moment...for just as he was figity whenever others stood while he wqs seated. ..tenfold was his anxiety for that which he could not firmly control...and as Desiree was such as this...so was Secrets...but that would change...or he would die trying...

He nodded softly at he last comment...then as a writer choosing his words for a finale he spoke. "So they speak to you....they attempt to speak to me....but they do not seem intent on harm.."..he grinned a bit at the childishness of his statement...but amusing himself was a favorite past time. "But as the legends say...that can change quickly...so we must remain calm..yes?...and all around must be so also...well that explains Snickerz and her...." he stopped in mid sentence....remembering what he had read...telling of his and Snickerz arrival was clear...so then was....he cursed below his breath..then composed himself.."Calm did I not say....but if I understand what is written...the woods maybe my easiest task....but you already knew that...I assume..." he gave a sarcastic grin..then crushed a walnut he had been rolling in his hand...then picking the meat from the shell....a symbolic killing of sorts.

Desiree watched as Raven's body showed a heavy level of relaxation upon her sitting. She did not make any solid gesture to it however. She wouldn't dare. Raven was her teacher since she was young. He was a good teacher, of course that most likely would depend on the lessons one wished to learn. For what she needed however he was a good teacher. He was strong of mind and will and he had a solid grasp on the darkness that she needed to learn to control, to manipulate. So of course in her time with him she learned how uncomfortable the standing of others around him made him, especially whilest he was sitting. This put him at a major disadvantage. One she could relate to quite easily.

As she put her fingers together she lightly pressed, her eyes fixed on the fire in the hearth as Raven began to speak. She nodded as he mentioned them speaking to her, then again when he mentioned them attempting to speak to her. She didn't wish to seem as if she knew all, but the truth was there was nothing that Raven could tell Deisree about Secrets that she didn't already know. It was true that he had read many of the books and scrolls, but she had read books that he had not, scrolls and books alike that she had hidden from his eyes so that he could not read them, and everything that she had read, she had in fact read multiple times.

When Raven mentioned the woods meaning no harm she turned her head slowly and looked at him, the expression on her face really quite calm and she said not a word. For her to speak now was foolish, she didn't need to fill in any blanks, not yet at least. He continued about the Legend of Secrets, yes, the legend that told a great tale of the history of this land, the many horrors, the love, romance, and brutal deaths. She allowed Raven to completely finish, even sitting silent through his pause as she just watched him, the slight movement of his hand as he cracked the nut being what caused her hands to lower before she spoke. "You seem to be catching on rather quickly m'lord." Desiree taunted slightly in her tone, as her hands lowered to the arms of the chair she moved forward before continuing.

"It takes a great deal to wake the woods, and after which time it does take a lot for the first killing. According to the legend even after the killings begin, the woods can be put back to rest. So we have time, we have plenty of time. Which is good because some of the creatures that have arrived will need to get used to this place. It's quite different from where they all were. It's quite a bit more pure and laid back. I do not concern myself with them however.... Yes, the woods they speak to me, the woods, the lake, the paths, even these very walls tell me tales, that is my task here. I serve you and your queen, but I live for the land it's self."

Desiree paused a moment as she watched Raven, a smirk slowly crossing her face. "Snickerz and her what m'lord? You know she is not here, she does not even know of this place, and I'm certainly not one to turn the king and queen against one another. So do speak your mind. I gain great knowledge from moments such as this one."

He listened as she spoke, her voice calming him as she went.....he knew she was as versed as any on this land...and she would tell him all.....in time. She was rather protective of him....and this amused and endeared her to him...

But his mind quickly shifted back....he wanted to learn quickly...not for any fear...he had heard the stories of Dueces dealings with the Woods...so help was always at hand...but he did have a small worry...he wished to impress Snickerz...he had told no one...it actually made him rather queasy to think of it...but he marveled at the neko...now he knew of her vammpyric father...a man he well respected...but the neko in her drew him like a moth to a flame...and he would rather save his time of burning for Limbo...he smiled..then turned and spoke.

"I see...I am sure I have much to learn and see...and you as well as my Queen will be very helpful I am sure." He caught himself...and he paused...he had never referred to Snickerz as a queen before. He was rather proud of himself... "So where should I start....Madame Whisperer"

Desiree watched Raven as she spoke, and when she finished her eyes stayed fixed on him, as the word 'queen' escaped her lips her eyes flashed to life, only for a second of course, but it was there, obvious enough for anyone to see if she was in view, so certainly not something that Raven could easily overlook. He could of course ignore it, but overseeing it was quite unlikely. "Where shall you start? How about the beginning m'lord?" Desiree's question was solid as she watched Raven, slowly falling back into the comfort of the chair once more.

"You've hidden yourself away far to long Raven, this is what you're meant for, this is what you must know, come to understand, and most importantly accept. You are the king here, you have been for a long while. This fact you are aware of. The time for games is done. I drug Snickerz here knowing that your hunger for her would force you to follow, now she's been called back. We play the games no longer, we do what must be done." Desiree lifted her hands to in front of her mouth, once more pressing her finger tips to one another as she continued. "Yes, I know more than I speak, I always have. Listening is where one gains strength, you taught me that, so I listened, I watched. Because of this Lady Sethos... My aunt sees me as much of a demonic existence as you. drenched in pure evil only out to complicate her life. Here is where we prove that all wrong. So tell me what you fear to tell anyone else... Tell me... Everything."

Raven turned his gaze to the fire for a moment....he looked deep into the flames as if the answers he sought lay within there randomness...he often thought on this...fire, water, earth. There movements seemed so on random...yet mortals wished to impose order...senseless it seemed to him...just as here...is not all this about order?...he was a king yes...a King was to keep order...there was little order in the life of Rafeal Armadeus Stroigoscu.....yet her he was....he wayed his options...as he learned from Duece....then chose the least painful at the moment..the entire time the memory of Snickerz soft laugh dancing in his brain...he turned sharply and spoke....

"Very well miss Sethos...it seems all Sethos women learned the same measures of slow torture...none the less....I will tell you... "he turned back to the fire and began to speak. A slight resignation to his voice.."When I was young I was often scolded for my carefree ways...I had a friend. He was killed by nomads in sesrch of Vampire trophies...I was blamed...I do not ever wish to feel that way again...I do not believe I could bare it...Lady Nakisha...is my queen.....a noble and proper bearer of a title..though she carries none...her scoldings and rants amuse me...my fault totally...but when she questions my commitment to vampires..my commitment to those I hold dear....few they may be....I feel a deep sadness....that maybe she is correct...that I do on not deserve friends such as Duece....that I do not deserve Snickerz...that I am just a mutt..."

Desiree let out a slight laugh at Raven's comment about torture "Yes, it comes from the man we all have in common.... Lord Demetrius Sethos." She grew silent shortly there after, awaiting his response, a chance to hear him speak his true fears, his true concerns. Desiree listened, flexing her fingers against one another. Her eyes closing as Nakisha was mentioned. She was no fool and was well aware that he had trouble with her aunt. Nakisha was a difficult soul. So sweet and gentle, yet she demanded perfection. This of course brought a bit of humor to Desiree however, as she knew that The Slayer, the man that her aunt so loved, seemed to lack all perfection.

"A mutt m'lord?" Desiree questioned, her tone was not mocking but she did tempt in asking him if he was aware of his level of foolishness with the statement he had just made. "A hybrid that you are?" Desiree slowly opened her eyes as she gazed upon Raven. "What might I ask makes you so much less than Duece? What makes you so much less than Lady Jackal? And what might I ask makes you so much less than Snickerz?" Desiree slowly lowered her hands as she shifted in her seat while she continued to speak. "All of you are.... Mutts..." A momentary look of discust came across Desiree's face as she spoke that word, her half sister used it but she found nothing of joy in the word, in the emotions that backed in. "You are all only part vampire. Do you think that your brother Lord Jackal Stroigoscu views Lady Jackal as anything less than what she is only because she is not a pure blood vampire? He gave up a throne for her m'lord."

Desiree corked an eyebrow as she continued. "Duece is a half breed as well, my half sister Kalico does well to remind him of that, and Lady Nakitsha Galliano is of the highest order. She is perfection, she is grace and beauty.... And yet.... She loves him. She would give anything for his joy, for his pleasure, she holds him so strongly his mind never wanders and because of her love for him her heart never will. Do you truly believe she sees you as nothing but some worthless mutt? When Madam Meow and Lord Abel both passed my aunt stood beside The Dark Lord and raised eight half breeds.... Eight vampire nekos, helping them to be ready to take on anything the world could possibly throw at them. You fear judgement m'lord, what you are is far more than a hybrid, to weild power you must show you are worthy of it. This you can not do here, not locked in a room hidden from your land."

He sat composed...Raven was not much for listening...words bored him....yet these words from Desiree reached deep....the mention of Abel and the Madam warmed him to his core....to that new place Snickerz had discovered...she called it his heart....his esscence....slowly hevwss beginning to believe...yes as Desiree ssid..there were mutts of all types...yet many were noble and gallant beyond what any king could ask of them....and here he sat posed to have them support him...honor him...if....he paused...as if struck by lightning his mind came alive....

He turned slowly to his guest....he straightened his coat sleevespushed his hair back...running his tonhue over his fangs as a plan took shape....a world developing within his eyes.......so much to do....but he focused and spoke... "So be it...a king I shall be...and I will give it my all....now I could ramble on...but I will spare you my ramblings.....let us get straight to work....where shall I begin?"

He raised his eyebrows and smiled softly as he waited....he really had no idea what he was to do...or how....but to truly win the respect of Snickerz he must as least gain Nakisha's acceptance...so shall it b e....it would be that or shame...there was really no choice but to succeed. And yes...he was a hybrid...a bit rough about the edges..but a hybrid none the less...

"Excellent" the single word came from Desiree's lips in a soft hiss as she spoke in response to Raven. All her life he had been her teacher, not really known to him that this moment was exactly the type of thing he was training her for. All the books in the library she had read, cover to cover, at least all those that were relevant, even more so of them than Raven had access to, but she wasn't about to tell him this. Desiree studied Raven for some time, sitting in absolute silence with only the crackling of the fire to keep from a dead silence. Tapping her index fingers together she mearly took in the moment, she had to do this right, he had to do this right. To much was hanging in the balance. The last time that Desiree had seen her aunt was when she stole Snickerz to this place, so the both of them had something to prove in a matter of speaking.

"We start by getting you out of this room, you know your queen won't come in here, and even if she would we both know you don't wish it." Desiree spoke in a solid tone as she lowered her hands from in front of her face once more, resting her arms on the arms of the chair as she continued. "Then we see about finding your Oracle, she is a good source of information... Well, short of running around Secrets meeting everyone." She smirked at the idea, exposing the slightest bit of a pearly white fang. "Then from there we see where things take up, perhaps they will take you to Snickerz location so that you may spend time with her, or perhaps it will take you to one of her sisters so that you may learn something that could help you with the queen... Course if fate is truly cruel it will take you into the jaws of the great white herself." Desiree slowly got to her feet as she glanced down at Raven slowly shaking her head. "You will not know what needs to be done until you see what has been done. You're not a foot stool Raven Stroigoscu, you are a king.... As a king you have a kingdom to run. Yes it is true that you work for the people, but here... You also work for the land, and the only expectations of you are the ones you set on yourself." As she finished speaking she slowly made her way to the door of the room to exit.

He watched as she approached the door...she knew right where to jabb at him....he smiled slightly...for this he kept her close...some old saying about enemies...he chuckled softly...yet kept these thoughts to himself...he needed her more now than ever...she was his guard...and now that he was to be amongst this collect of....well this assortment of creatures....he needed her reason...this was not Limbo....or a battle ground...he could not kill what displeased him..

He looked up and cleared his throat....she paused..."Very well then....meet me at the fountain in the courtyard for morning tea?......then a tour.....if that is acceptable?"....those words hung in his throat...he was not accustomed to asking for things...he normally took what he wanted or desired...Snickerz had changed that....for the better he was not sure as yet.

Desiree reached for the door as Raven spoke, stopping in her tracks as she gripped the knob a smirk came across her face as she traced her tongue across her fangs, her back was to him now so of course he could not see the look on her face as she took in his words, but he knew her quite well, just as she knew him. It came from her training with him, and of course, their common bond of Secrets. She noeeded her head slightly to his requests, the fact that they came out more as requests than demands gave her a bit of pleasure. Pleasure she should probably not get from watching such behavior in a man like Raven. She was a different one indeed, a creature that only two women could truly love, a mother who created him.... And Snickerz Vlad Trepes, the runt of a litter who was as different from everything and everyone as she could possibly be. A creature born of such purity, raced by such chaos and beloved by such evil.

"Yes, of course m'lord." Desiree finally replied after a few moments of silence, taking in the moment, not only Raven's words, but the atmosphere, the tone, the feel of everything. It was changing, ever so slightly, but every day it changed. Slowly she turned back and looked at Raven. "I shall be there early m'lord, for now perhaps you should rest, trust Snickerz to do her job, she knows these creatures. If you really dread anything speak to Dementia, she will allow you to watch what goes on with everyone else before you must come face to face with them. Then if you have questions, I'm sure Snickerz will be able to answer more than I. I never conversed with any of these creatures before, and I honestly have no intention of doing so now. They are very... Unique." When Desiree finished speaking she opened the door and slipped out. Yes it was true she could fade into the shadows just as she faded in, but by using the door it told Raven that he was truly alone, least wise when it came to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom