Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Need help/guidance with understanding D&D combat

Love

Planetoid
Pardon me if I am wrong but this seemed to be the correct thread to post something of this nature.

I have finally began to put my 'World' or 'Concept' down into something tangible. My only hiccup when it comes to its creation is a working combat dice system. I want it to resemble something like what D&D has. In fact, I wouldn't mind if it is based entirely off of D&D principles/rules! I know what I want and what I don't want, originating from what is best for my 'World' to function. However I have NEVER been personally involved in anything D&D related and reading over the combat set-up, dice rolling, outcomes, and structure has me all upside down befuzzled! Trying to modify or edit the system for my world is a challenge and I am not even sure if it is workable. Don't get me wrong, I can understand the basics of D&D but there are still some areas that remain fuzzy to me.

I guess my biggest problem is how naïve I am when it comes to dice-rolling systems. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who wouldn't mind tutoring me in D&D combat; answering my questions or explaining things out? If anything, someone (DM/GM) who could give me some 'hands-on' experience with a roleplaying combat adventure that involves dice-rolling so I can get some practice? Best of all, it would be great to find someone who I can bounce ideas off of when it comes to creating the functioning combat system in my 'World'. Any help would be so much appreciated!!

If you might be interested please contact me. <3

I'd be willing to lend a hand. Feel free to message me with any questions you have, I've dealt with a few variations of D&D and have run multiple campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom