Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An alternate way of RPing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilla-Roche

Supernova
I see that some people prefer to do a thread via PM while others like to exclusively roleplay via a thread. Is it possible to set up a thread as say, "Name of Thread (Devilla Roche x Anonymous)"? The idea would be Devilla Roche would post for herself and receive the PM's from the anonymous player and post them as "Anonymous" but under the Devilla Roche account. Just making sure this is okay with BMR's rules?

Ms. Devilla Roche

That sounds like something you'd want to OK with your partner first. As far as I know, however, there's nothing in the site rules against this particular way of doing things. Definitely ask, though, because some people prefer pm's for a reason--not that you wouldn't have thought of that, though. :)

Thanks. I'm not sure why people want to do a thread via PM since it kind of defeats the purpose of a site like this. I'm just finding that various players have a deep seeded preference for PM's or doing things off-site like YIM and the like.

Typically, people who prefer IMs prefer them for one of two reasons. The first being that they want instant gratification and thus are really impatient, the second being that they are really wanting cyber more than RP. People who prefer PMs tend to prefer privacy more than anything else and thus are super shy about having their writing viewable by the public eye. Therefore, people who are exclusively PM RPers are hard pressed to switch to RPing on the boards. You MIGHT be able to get them to RP on the semiprivate section as a segue, but not necessarily. But again, this is for the majority. Not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom