Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Here they lay - TheDarkerMe and Yaoicest

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
(Warning, Spoilers lie within, to any that have not read any of the latest Naruto chapters)

Amaya had been hunting for so long, searching for that one that had inspired her. The one that had sacrificed everything for his village. For his belief in protecting his village. A true Shinobi. Uchiha Itachi, had been Amaya's goal for so long. Not so much as a romantic thing, romance was beyond the females scope of possible graspability. No... Itahi was a goal to be like. Something she strove to accomplish, something she ached to compare to.

Then the tragedy had struck, and she had tried to pretend. She managed it very well, and she waited. Oh did she wait! She was patient, as she waited for the moment that Danzo would be too busy to watch all of the broken up members of Root. She had started her life as a Kunoichi, after Root had been disbanded. Pretended to follow Danzo, while in reality she was truly loyal to the Hokage.

She turned her eyes upon the scene before her. She had gotten here as Sasuke was leaving, and the scene made her heart ache. Destruction everywhere, and all because one man loved his brother and village so much. To sacrifice so much. She coughed faintly beneath her breath, removing her Anbu mask. What was revealed was an interesting sight. A young woman, of maybe eighteen years of age. A pretty face, but just that... pretty. Nothing extrodinary.

Her eyes were a soft seashell pink, an odd color, but when combined with her white hair, it was obvious what she was. She approached the males collapsed form, the body of Uchiha Itachi. She knew that he was only hanging on by a single thread. She bit her lip and went over the thoughts in her mind. She could use her Kekkei Genkai, the Manipulation of blood. She could save him by removing any poisonous forms from his body and then putting fresh blood into him.

She sighed as she withdrew a kunai from it's pouch on her wrist, the blade slashed across the scar tissue on her wrist. It was painless now, and she was glade for that. She start making a series of handsigns with both hands, as the blood poured from her wrist down unto the males face. A rather gross looking jutsu, but it was working. Dark ooze came from the males features, and floated up, dissipating as the female used her blood to manipulate the problems the male's form held. It was awhile, before she could stop, and then pull out blood scrolls.

First to replenish herself, and second to help him.

All she had to do was await for him to awaken.

When Amaya found him, Itachi had been more than ready for death. He wasn't trying to hold on, wasn't trying to cling to the tiny shred of life he had left. Why should he? He had failed. He had failed to make his brother understand....failed to help Sasuke see that the clan wasn't what mattered most, that there was more to life than family, clans and honour. The village mattered, the big picture mattered, the village mattered, the innocent had to come before the village.

And so Itachi simply allowed himself to die, but it seemed that his fate was to be taken out of either his or Sasuke's hands. No, destiny had other plans in mind.

Distantly, Itachi could feel something.....feel that something was happening, someone was doing something to him, saving him, healing him. He didn't understand why, and he didn't want it. He didn't want to live, he didn't deserve to live, not after his failure.
"Nngh...." Itachi winced, stirring slowly, moving ever so slightly as he began to awaken. At first, he just moved, trying to feel where the pain was, where it didn't hurt to move, and then finally, slowly, he began to open his eyes. The sun was bright, almost blinding, he shut his eyes again immediately. They had opened too fast. A second time, Itachi started to open his eyes, fluttering them slightly to better adjust, before finally his eyes were opened fully, slowly looking over at the woman that had saved him, and uttered only a single word. "Why....?"

Amaya smiled softly and watched as the male awakened. She was in the process of licking the wound on her arm, over her scar. Healing properties in her families saliva helped. She wrapped the wound, and watched as he awakened. He seemed hesitant almost, like he didn't want life. Like he was just wishing to die. Which was sad. When his eyes fluttered open, she tapped her forehead protector at his question of why.

Then she stuck out her tongue to show the root seal, to get him to know she knew everything... knew the truth. Not the lie. She knew that Uchiha's, especially Itachi, were talented at seals. Maybe he could remove the seal of Danzo, fromm her tongue. She couldn't speak of root, or danzo directly, but she could speak indirectly.

"You are a brave man, you deserve a second chance to prove your views..." She said gently as she held out her hand to him. "I'm of the Chi Fukaku Kekkei Genkai... back in the day... my family helped yours with blood problems... before we vanished. We...I... can help with these..." She said as she pressed her fingers underneath Itachi's eyes. Which was the reason why Danzo had wanted her in root... him and his Sharingan arm.

Itachi looked over at the seal on her tongue, observing it for a second through squinted eyes, before slowly looking away once again, turning to look in the opposite direction and out over the horizon instead. "....I deserve nothing but the death fate had given me....now you've taken that away from me..." Sure he could take his own life, but then....it wasn't his way. Despite his failure, he couldn't just take his own life like that.

".....So.....you brought me back because you want something...." He knew all about her family, about their abilities and their assosciation with his own family. "You want me to remove that seal for you....." When she pressed under his eyes, he slowly looked back up at her, though he had to squint once again. After so much use of his Sharingan, his vision was damaged, almost certainly permanently without some kind of intervention. He couldn't see clearly anymore without squinting like this. "And why would you help me? Just so I will help you?"

"You can help me, but I an help you quite a bit." She said lightly as her hands began to glow. It was an icier color then the typical Healing jutsu. Her eyes spiraled with icy color, their pink depths taking on an odd whirlpool look. But it wasn't any sort of Sharingan, it was just a spiral of blue. She focused on his eyes, manipulating the materials inside of it to heal the damage. The strained parts of it were healed. And the males weariness seemed to fade too.

It would all hold a toll on her in the future. A cost for her doing what wasn't right. Taking back from death, that which wasn't hers. "He plans something terrible... His arm... I need your help. To save them." She said in a soft and gentle voice. She needed his help, he needed him. Sasuke could have been so great, but he wanted nothing but Konoha's downfall. Konoha was all that Amaya had left.

"Please, you have to understand. I strove so hard to be like you. Such a true shinobi... And I just couldn't let you die... when you may be the only one that an help Naruto win..."

Itachi's eyes felt...well....strange was the only word he could think of to describe it, though it certainly didn't do the sensation justice. Slowly, his vision began to clear, the blurriness subsiding, until finally his vision was almost perfect once again. So....this was the power of the Chi Fukaku Kekkei Genkai. Whilst he had heard about it, been told about it, he had never seen or experienced it. Still, with such a power there had to be a cost, much like his Mangekyo Sharingan, though to ask what that was...well...it was all but a taboo in ninja circles.

"Naruto....feh...I doubt he would accept my help whether he needed it or not. He blames me for everything that Sasuke did, everything that Sasuke became...and rightly so" But still, Amaya's words hadn't been totally lost. When it came down to it, Itachi still loved the village more than anything else....it really was all he had left, especially now. To simply stand by and let it be destroyed....he could think of nothing worse. He would take death over that in a heartbeat.

".....Whilst I haven't forgiven you for saving me.....I will help...but only for the sake of the village, not because I owe you anything. As far as I'm concerned, your healing my eyes was repayment for saving my life against my wishes..." Itachi slowly started to push himself up to his feet, taking it slowly this time. Whilst his vision was restored, his body healed, his stamina was not.

Amaya quirked an eyebrow at the male. Her head cocked to the side for a moment. She laughed softly and slowly she stood up. "Well, Naruto has changed a little, and it's your brother the village has to worry about." She said softly as she cocked her head back and stared up at the sky. She stood back a little and then offered him the packet of food she had with her.

"come on let's go find a place to bunk down for the night. That way we can figure out what will happen. Uchiha-sama, you are the hope of our people... please..."S he said lightly as she smiled weakly. They really did need Itachi's help, if anythign was to happen. Naruto could get peace to last for only so long. Sasuke was pissed, and he wanted nothing more then the destruction of Konoha.

Or so her sources had told her...

The second she referred to him as 'sama' he immediately turned to glare at her, narrowig his eyes. "Don't ever refer to me like that again, understand?" He didn't deserve to be referred to in such a way, not by anybody. He hadn't earned such a title, and he never would. Itachi's stare was icy cold, the man holding it until he was sure his point had been put across to Amaya, before turning to go.

She was right that it was getting late, that they would need to find somewhere to sleep. Until now this place had been something of a hideaway for Itachi, but after the battle...well....it was hardly in a fit state to shelter anybody. "Come on.....there's a few huts not far from here....the remnants of an abandoned settlement, destroyed by bandits a long time ago...."

Amaya just returned the stare he dealt. He may not feel that it was a title he should be called by, but she would call him such. He was a hero to her, willing to give up everything for his village and the innocents within. "Alright, that will work. I have some scrolls with provisions that we can use. It should make things a little easier. Tomorrow we can scrounge up for some more. It will take me awhile to get your body fully healed..." She stated as she stood straight and swayed wearily. Liquid leaked from her nose, a hiccuping cough wracked her frame.

She wiped her nose, scarlet spread across her hand, her eyes widening. She had never bled from her nose, from using her Kekkei Genkai. Sometimes she would cough really hard, and have the shakes for awhile... but blood? Never happened before. She quickly scrubbed her hand off and gained a rather shut off look. "Lets go..." She murmured as she strode forward.

Itachi had expected slightly more of a reaction to the cold stare, normally people would run away screaming when he looked at them like that, even before he had left the village, Amaya on the other hand just stood her ground....clearly she had studied him carefully, though he suspected that was something she had done in secret. After all, to study his actions could be seen as wishing to follow in his footsteps.

As he started walking, slowly, he could feel her stopping and hesitating, glancing back over his shoulder at her. She looked slightly surprised for a split second, but then quickly covered it up. Clearly this was from exerting herself so much. She hadn't just healed him after all, she had literally brought him back from the very brink of death, and done it against his will. Then she had undone the damage in his eyes, not just normal damage but damage caused by the use of a powerful Kekkei Genkai. It seemed she still had a lot to learn....and Itachi suspected he was going to be the one to have to teach her.

The Uchiha just shook his head, then returned to walking slowly into the trees. Any faster and he was almost certainly going to lose his balance. "It shouldn't take long to get there....we should arrive shortly before the sun completely sets and it starts to get too cold..."

Amaya cleared her throat, realizing he had looked at her. She was damn glad that she wasn't in her formal ANBU wear, damn white uniforms. What ninja wears all white? You can't hide... well whatever. She sighed as she nodded and darted up next to him. She could keep up, she would do it. She pulled out a pill and shuddered as she popped it. Her eyes closed and a shudder rushed through her quickly. Her payback for this thing she had done. She had done unforgiveable things, but they were for good reasons.

She shivered as she kept up with him. Soon nightfall came upon them, and they were at the huts. A bright smile slammed across the females features, she collapsed against the side of the hut. She pulled out a plain provision scroll and released it. Producing two sleeping rolls and travel foods. She looked towards him and smiled weakly, stopping a moment as she pulled out her clothing scroll. She put it back and then looked towards him.

"I'll be a help in whatever way I can..."

"If you want to help then maybe you can share whatever plan you surely must have with me. Or were you honestly expecting that we could just stroll into the village and announce that we're here to help?" Itachi took a piece of food, nibbling on it slowly at first, not bothering to check for poisons. What would be the point in her poisoning him after bringing him back to life after all?

"If we're going to help the village, then it's more than likely best they don't know it was us....or at least don't know it was me. With luck, everyone will just go on thinking I'm dead if we do things quietly and in the background. Naruto can be their hero and the village will be safe...." He finished off the piece of food, then reached for a bottle of water. "Once we're both healed, then our first order should be to find a way to get into the village quietly....though it wont be easy with the seals around the walls..." That was right, Itachi didn't know about the attack on the village....didn't know it had been almost destroyed....

"My plan was to have you help Naruto understand the Sharingan better... and how to fight against it. If anyone would know, it would be you.. Uchiha-s.." She cut off her words, almost saying that word that had pissed him off so much. She rubbed her hand up and down her arm and then looked down at her lap, at his words. Her eyes filling up, despite all the training she had to keep her emotions in check. Their home, their beautiful home... Konohagakure...

"There is no SEALS!" She exclaimed as the tears burst down her cheeks, she had been trying to forget the destruction. Deaths of people, fine she didn't care... But death of her home was another matter. "The Peins attacked Konoha, Naruto managed to stop them... but many were either lost or killed in the process. Hatake-sama, and the Hokage may very well be dead. I didn't get the full schematics, but I went to find someone I know could help."

She shivered faintly as she looked straight at the dark eyed male. "We have a lot of training to do, if we are going to manage anything to help. He has your clans eyes... all over him..." She said in a soft voice. She couldn't speak directly his name, because of the seal on her tongue. But she had seen it, it was her fault he had been able to manage to figure out Izunagi. Danzou was a monster!

((I actually thought that perhaps having the War continue on for longer would be fun, give us a chance to fight and conquer things? ))

((Sure, sounds good to me ^_^ Also, I'm not 100% up on the Naruto manga, though don't mind spoilers. I am up to the point just after Naruto 'beat' Pein and Danzo took over, but that's about as far as I got. I did also know about Sakura confessing to Naruto though (finally seeing her true feelings if you ask me) and Naruto the idiot not believing her....But anyway I'm more or less at the same point as Itachi when it comes to knowing things, ehehe, kinda works eh?))

Itachi remained oddly silent as Amaya spoke to him, taking in the news of what had happened in his abscence, of what had happened to his village, to his home. This had been the last thing he had wanted.....hell....if he had let the Uchiha clan take over things wouldn't have turned out this badly, surely far fewer would have been killed. "No....." Slowly, his fists started to clench, his stare away from Amaya. He hadn't thought Pein would go that far this fast.....to actually attack Konoha directly.... "NO!" He suddenly thrust a fist out, smashing it straight through the wooden wall of the cabin, the splinters causing his fist to bleed, though he clearly had little interest in having it healed.

"......This happens....and he dares disgrace my family further....it was bad enough what my family was planning, and now this.....I wont have it...I WONT!" For Itachi to be angry like this was a rarity. Back when he had lived in the village, back when he had been in Akatsuki....for him to show real anger had been virtually unheard of, unthinkable. But then Konoha was closer to Itachi's heart than anyone or anything else, it was likely the only thing that could make him angry like this.
Itachi still wasn't looking at her, his anger seething, his fists shaking in anger, his eyes closed tightly.

((Don't ever get me started on Sakura, hate her guts hard core. Also it shows in the manga how she came to her decision. She doesn't love Naruto, she just said she did so he would stop chasing sasuke. She realized Naruto's constant putting himself in danger, was her fault. Because he loved her and wanted her happy. She could die for all I care. *shrugs* I'm very happy that Hinata confessed, and I personally feel she's a better match for Naruto. At least she will actually love him for who he is, not what he is... As what would most of the other females.))

Amaya looked at him, the pain evident on her features. She yanked up her shirt to show a rather ragged gash across her stomach. This is what had happened to her in the attack, it looked fatal, but it was obvious someone powerful had healed it. As a result she had lived, and she had come to find him. She listened as he began to get angry, her eyes watching him in a rather shielded manner. She knew that his anger would continue to rise.

His love for Konoha was the reason she sought him out. The reason she knew he would help at the cost of everything. "I can do nothing to help as of yet. There are many plans of his I cannot speak of... because of the seal. When you are well, I'd ask you to help me. If not I must go to Kabuto of Sound." She said as a shudder raced down her spine. Kabuto of Sound, he was very interested in her Kekkei Genkai. He had good reason to be, at least.

She reached out to take his hand gentle. "Itachi... peace... We can stop him. Or at least help the one that can."

((ehehehe, why does everyone but me hate Sakura? ^^;; ))

Itachi looked over slowly as she lifted her shirt, looking at the large scar across her stomach....no amount of healing or Kekkei Genkai was going to heal a scar like that...though somehow he got the feeling she wouldn't want it gone even if given the option. A scar like that...it was more than just an injury, more than just a memory or a reminder, it was a part of her.

"....I'll break the seal when I am able....if the sound village were to become involved...it would only make matters worse...much much worse...." He slowly shook his head. "Even if Orochimaru is.....gone, in a manner of speaking, the Sound village is still a danger" He sighed and shook his head, slowly sitting down as he began to calm. Anger wouldn't help right now....he needed to save it for later....for where and when it would be useful"

He looked over as Amaya took his hand, then slowly nodded. "We will stop him...but for now...we should rest, we're going to need it, plenty of it"

"I worry for the village... and the survivors... but I feel I did what was best." She whispered as she closed her eyes and slumped a little. Exhaustion taking a hold of her. Her eyes slumping closed a little. She looked up at him, her smile weak and forlorn as she leaned to the side a little. Resting her elbow on her knee, and her chin in her palm. He spoke to her and she nodded.

"I'd like if Sound had nothing to do with our lives." She said lightly as she looked to the sky. "But in all honesty, I believe in what Naruto does... I want peace. Or as close to it as possible." She whispered weakly. Her head turned to Itachi as she quirked a smile at him. Her eyes lighting up at his words.

"Yes we will stop him, we will need to rest and train. His plans won't be coming to fruition for a bit. We have some time." She whispered gently as she looked at the male. Her eyes closed as she sighed. A soft whispering sound came from her, and it was obvious she was sleeping. Everything had caught up with her.

(( We can skip to two years later now, if you like. Or Four or something, till the point we discussed. War could have continued, and Amaya and Itachi could have been training. Naruto and Hinata could have hooked up already, or if you want them to just be starting on getting there... that's fine. I figure Itachi's going to take a few years to even reach a sexual level with Amaya, so they aren't there yet. XD))

((Well if we skip ahead by 4 years, that would make Naruto and Hinata about 19 years old I think, and knowing Hinata that would be about how long it takes to get past the being scared of holding hands in public stage, hehehe, so her and Naruto will probably be almost ready for a serious relationship. Itachi would be around 24 or 25 methinks, so a 4 year skip sounds just about right))

It had been a long time....a long time of hiding, of running, of training. They couldn't afford for anyone to even suspect Itachi was still alive. Even a rumour could ruin everything for them, could tip Danzo off that there was a threat to him and his power. Even in these 4 years though, Itachi hadn't learned much, the seal still binding Amaya. He hadn't removed it yet because he needed time to prepare, needed time to make sure everything went right.

Now, 4 years later....the time was right. Itachi had prepared all that he could, had taught Amaya everything he could about the Sharingan in preperation, and now it was time to finally break the seal.

"Amaya...." Itachi slowly looked over at her as they finished their breakfast, deep inside of a forest, far from paths travelled by even bandits, somewhere they wouldn't be disturbed. "It's time.....it's time to break the seal...." There was no mention of trying...Itachi was going to break it, he had to break it....or else...well....any failure would almost certainly mean Amaya's death, the seal would make sure of that. If Itachi made even a single, tiny mistake....all of this would have been for nothing. "Are you ready?"

(( That works out great! XD ))

Amaya looked up at the sky, it had been a long time since the day she had find the broken and pracitcally dead Uchiha. Since then they had traveled, and her caring for him had grown. Through many trials, they had passed. Working on keeping his identity hidden, and keeping her training going. They had learned how to fight as a unit, and knew how to cover each others weaknesses. It made them a good team.

A team that Amaya was coming to care more about, then a Kunoichi should. She looked towards him, her hair dyed a brown at the moment. An illusion covering her eyes, turning them to a darker blue then they would ever be. She smiled at the male at his words. It had taken a long time for this day to come.

But it was needed. If she died, it was for the cause. She just hoped that Itachi could decipher the scroll she had been writing all night. She couldn't speak directly, but she had used symbols to represent people. The story was there, about everything that had been happening. She walked towards him, and sat down infront of him. Her eyes closing as she nodded. "I'm ready. But Itachi... I have something to tell you before we start..."

She sighed softly as she looked up at him. Letting everything fall away, all the applications and changes to her form, so she looked like the woman that had fuond him practically dead. She bit her lip faintly and sighed. "I've come to care for you, and if I die... I die happy. To have known personally, such a great shinobi, with such a heart of gold." She said gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hinata stared up at the sky, blood colored the air around her. Fighting, that had been her life the last four years. Hokage-sama had survived, and she was still leading their people. Danzo had broken off, and was trying to use the root agents to wage war on the other villages. Madara was still trying to get the rest of the demons, but Hinata had one her heart was tied to. She wasn't letting her fox go.

Clad in ANBU armor, she looked towards the blond haired male that was on her team. He had finally made ANBU, after saving the entire village. After going off to try and save Sasuke, things had gone to hell. Hinata had healed and Naruto had started to show an interest in her. At first, it had embarrassed her. She usually worried about what her family would think, but her father had been one of the first to pat Naruto on the shoulder, and congratulate him.

Now, four years later... she and Naruto would go on their first date. Her father had been urging her towards more, but the girl was shy. Her father was right though, she might lose him... if she didn't show a true interest.

"....Don't talk like that...." Itachi shook his head as she spoke, then reached out to slowly close her eyes. "It brings bad luck..." Normally, Itachi never believed in luck, but these past 4 years...well....he had been taught a little differently. Still, he'd suspected she felt as such, and he had to admit, deep down inside of him, despite his best efforts to fight it, feelings had stirred within him. But the last person he had got close to....she had died by his hand...along with everyone else he had ever lived, besides Sasuke.

"We'll talk more once the seal is broken....now....you must focus. You will feel pain...and you will feel like you want to just go to sleep...but you mustn't. If you lose consciousness for even a moment, you will not wake up again" Itachi waited for her to sit down, then bit on his thumb, beginning to use his blood to draw various seals all around her. Removing this seal was going to take an immense amount of Chakra, and these seals would be needed to keep it all controlled.

Once the seals were ready, Itachi moved to sit infront of Amaya, before starting to form various hand signs, slowly at first, before they started to get faster and faster, Chakra focusing around them. Itachi had to take his time with this, had to get everything right.

Naruto had been preparing for this date for quite some time now, and with everything that had happened, everything that was going on, it was good to do something enjoyable, to do something...personal.

Now, he was on his way to the Hyuuga estate, rather more nervous than he had felt in a long time. Even after all the fights he had been through, this was perhaps one of the most overwhelming experiences he had ever had to face. "Well....here goes...." Naruto stood at the outside of the estate, then reached up to knock on the large gates, awaiting a response.

Hinata's eyes widened as she realized where the sky was. She was going to be late for her date! She had to get to the Hyuuga estate and bath, and get ready. She would be late! She didn't like the thought of keeping Naruto waiting long. She raced across the rooftops and landed on her bedroom's roof. She flipped down through the window and landed in a crouched position. The Anbu Armor seemed to fly off as she raced for the bathroom. A quick shower, and out she ran to her closet. She started to pull out and outfit, and indecision came over her.

Hinabi walked towards the gate, already knowing what was going on. Hinata was changing, and Naruto was coming to pick her up for the date. She hummed a faint tune as she walked to the gate and opened it. " Hello Uzimaku" She said as she stepped to the side. "Come to the waiting room, we'll have tea. She's getting ready." Hinabi said lightly as she walked back towards the house. "It's amazing the elders approve of you, but I think this is much better for everyone..." She said in a cheerful tone.

She walked him to the waiting room, and went to go check on her sister.

Hinata was halfway through slipping on a dress when she realized that it was missing it's zipper. Throwing that away she threw on a different outfit, a skirt and a tank top. Grabbing her new jacket, she threw that on, and quickly brushed through her hair. She left it hanging as she always did. Strapping her weapon pouches to her waist and leg, she pulled open her door to see Hinabi waiting there. "I know he's here!" She said in an exasperated voice. Her hair still wet, she made a few handsigns and a breath of warm air burst around her. It caused her hair to dry, and now she was able to run off to meet him.

She skidded into the room, and that familiar blush started on her cheeks. "Hello, Naruto-kun..." She whispered soflty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amaya listened to him, and nodded. She knew that this kind of unsealing was a dangerous thing. She sat in the concentrative position she had mastered from a young age. Gathering her mind and focusing. As soon as the chakra started to build, she felt the pressure for slumber. The feeling that she just wanted to pass out. Pain rushed through her, it wasn't much yet, but it would more then likely build. Her eyes remained closed, and she shook a little as she struggled to keep her breathing even.

The pain built and built, and so did the want to sleep. She kept herself awake, her mind focusing on happy memories. Over the years, things had built between her and Itachi. There had been a lot of weird close calls. Especially on the nights they decided to drink. Nothing really big ever happened, there was one time she had rolled over to find him within kissing distance. His eyes locked on hers, but she had turned her head and coughed and rolled away.

She had gotten up and wandered the camp for two hours that night. Now she was focused on those memories she had built. Using them as fuel to keep herself awake. If she passed out, it was all over.

Naruto raised an eyebrow as Hanabi spoke, following her across the estate, looking around. This place was huge....his little apartment was smaller than even the smallest pond he could see in this place. "Yeah....I was surprised to say the least aswell....the way everyone used to treat me....I guess I finally earned a little respect..." He smiled slightly, following Hanabi to the waiting room, where he stood to wait patiently.

Just before Hinata entered the room, Naruto felt a breeze of warm air, before Hinata skidded rather unceremoniously into the room, the boy unable to help but chuckle slightly, before smiling and walking over towards her. "Hello Hinata, you look fantastic" He grinned, reaching out to gently take her hands.

Itachi continued to focus chakra around them, the blood seals beginning to glow, dimly at first, though it grew brighter and brighter with every second, the two of them surrounded by a blood crimson glow. It looked more like some kind of satanic ritual than something meant to help, though that was probably intentional.

The pain was building in Itachi aswell, this seal was going to be hell on both of them, but Itachi was determined. More than determined...he knew everything rested on this.

It was nearly over, though the pain....Itachi had never felt anything like it,and he knew it would be even worse for Amaya, much much worse. Finally though, with one final surge, every bit of chakra suddenly focused into the seal, shattering the entire thing in an instant. It all had to be done together, if part of the seal was broken and not the rest, she was dead.

When the seal was broken, Itachi collapsed to the ground, having drained himself completely to do it, panting heavily, his entire body dripping with cold sweat.

Hinata smiled at Naruto, that familiar blush crossing her features again. She let her hands rest in Naruto's her smile brightening. She hadn't remained as shy as she used to be, she was a lot more calm around the blond Shinobi. She sighed softly and nodded, leaving one hand in his and slowly walking towards the door. "The Festival is today..." She whispered softly. She was speaking of the one that celebrated when he saved Konoha from Pein. When they started rebuilding as a better people.

She walked towards the door, her hand still lightly in his, hoping he would follow. She was very calm, odd for how often she stuttered around him. But four years really changed a person. She had warmed up to being around him, and she didn't faint anymore! She stood her ground, and didn't pass out. Her father was even reconsidering Hinabi being the Hyuuga Heir! If Hinata could become the next leader, she could do so much to make peoples lives so much better!

It was a goal she had since she realized what kind of life Neji and the other Branch Members lead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pain spiked through her, gritting her teeth and resisting the urge to bite her lip. The female remained in as close to a medatative state as she could. Her hands gripped her pants, Finally the seal was released, she felt it explode in her mind. An excruciating pain spiked her mind and the female had to bite herself to keep from passing out. She coughed, as the chakra died, blood dripping on the ground. Her hand gripped the ground now, as her mind cleared. So much had been blocked by that seal!

She looked at Itachi, a weak smile crossing her lips. "You did it..." She whispered as she reached over, brushing back his bangs gently. She reached to her side and pulled out her water canteen, gently holding it to his lips. "Here Itachi, slowly..." She whispered as she tilted it towards his lips. Hoping he would drink, and at least help himself slowly replenish.

"The festival hm? I haven't been there since the first one....I kinda felt like people were making me something I wasn't....I mean I just did what everyone else was doing....and there were people who died back then that deserve to be praised a lot more than I do..." Naruto sighed, then smiled softly, squeezing Hinata's hand.

"But hey, I wasn't going to go with a beautiful girl the last times was I?" He grinned brightly, walking along beside her. "So the festival it is then, I bet we'll have a great time" He smiled brightly, moving to walk with her towards the main festival area.

When he felt water against his lips, Itachi leaned forward, drinking eagerly. Not only was he tired and drained, he was dehydrated from the effort. "Y-yeah....I did it....just...don't ever ask me to do that again ok...?" The man slowly shook his head, then started to sit up, gently pushing himself back up using his arms.

"Well....since we're talking like this....either it worked and we're both still alive....or it failed and we're both dead.....I'd much rather prefer to believe the former myself" He took a few more sips of water, licking his lips as he caught his breath. "So then....I think it's time for a few explanations isn't it?"

Hinata smiled at him gently, her hand squeezing his lightly. Her eyes watching his, their pale lavender color had held a soft look in them for him. They had been like that for a long time. The girl truly loved him, and never had to lie to him. It made her feel that everything would work amazingly well between them. She really hoped that they did. Because Hinata honestly and truly loved Naruto.

"Thank you..." She said lightly at his response about why he'd go this year. When it had been started it was because everyone truly loved the male for what he had done. He had saved them all, and the Festival had been done to show the villages appreciation. "Yes, to the festival." She said with a cheerful smile.

She slipped into a more demure looking facial expression, cheeks pink as she held his hand and started to walk through the town to the festival grounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amaya continued to hold the water there, until he leaned forward. She still continued then, as he drank. She was exhausted herself, and just wanted to pass out. Something like that hurt more then anything she had ever been through. Even the mental trainings that Danzou put all the root members through. She smiled at the male weakly as she took the water from him and took some sips herself.

"We are alive, just feel like we've been through hell." She whispered softly as she shifted just a little. She sat more comfortably, and then started. She told EVERYTHING that she knew of Danzou, to Itachi. Starting from when she had to put the first eye in, till the last time she had seen the man. All his plans, and what she had gleaned of Madara's true intentions.

Back
Top Bottom