Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New X-Men Semi-Lit to Literate RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulcis God of Chains

Super-Earth
Rules (Not necessarily in order of importance):

1. I am the overlord. Respect mah authoritay. AND TREMBLE!
2. If you want to join, PM me your profiles so that I can get you into the Profiles page.
3. No Godmodding. You control your character and no one else's. If you need to control NPCs, that's fine, whatever. If something is a little more complicated and you want to develop storyline, then discuss it with me and the other person you want to involve. We can work out how we want to go about it, then you guys can do it. This also includes no auto-hitting.
4. Killing does not happen unless you clear it with the character you want to kill, then with me. Then at least have the common courtesy to kill them in style, I mean, come on people.
5. Romance is allowed, appreciated, and definitely wanted. Don't do the hanky panky in the thread, though, as it will detract from the events. You want to do it in PMs? Who am I to stop you. But please don't just John/Mary the romance. You have to achieve it, you can't just claim.
6. Literacy. I don't want a book, but I do want some meat to read through. If you're typing about 3 paragraphs (about 5-6 decent sentences each) then I'm fine. I understand if you've got writer's block, but try to keep it fairly good, I don't want pages of one-liners to skim through. If you type 10 paragraphs, that's all well and good, but keep in mind that I have OCD/ADD which war with each other constantly, so I'll have to read your post, but it'll take me an hour because I can't focus on it, which I don't want if I can help it. Bottom line is this: give us a decent length and make it entertaining. This is a game after all.
7. Attendance. I just ask that you check frequently, and that if you're in the midst of the action that you post as much as you can so that the story doesn't come to a stand still. Some people can only post once a day. I, being as I have no life, can pretty much post as much as needed. If you don't respond for 3 days (without letting me know you're gone or whatever) I'll just take over your character until you get back and I'll do my best to RP them, but hey, no guarantees, kay? If you continue to be absent, then your character will likely be sucked into an alternate reality/death fodder.
8. Characters - Everyone can have multiple characters. BUT: If you want to play an original character you must also play a canon character. You cannot take that character, then just leave them to rot while you play the character you want, either. Divide your post up so that you have a post for both characters. I've seen many of these X-Men threads die because no one wants to play the canon characters. I'm not playing them all myself, here, peoples. I would actually like to RP myself, but seeing as I can't find a decent X-men RP that doesn't seem to be possible.
9. Powers - You cannot start with a character (unless canon) that has ridiculously strong powers. If you want ridiculously strong powers you must have problems controlling them, or have to wear something to inhibit them (EG. Nezhno's Vibranium tattoos or Surge's gloves). If you're wanting something like this then PM me and we can discuss it. I don't want people to be too overpowered if I can help it. There are also people who like to be weak for whatever reason AND THAT IS FINE! These people have powers that are latent that might become amazing, such as Anole's arm.
10. Everyone only gets one OC character, but can play up to a total of 3 characters. If you want 2 OCs, you'll have to convince me very well that you need them.
11. I reserve the right to change these rules as I see fit. Suck it up. You're in my space now.

NOTE: Admittedly some characters do not appear often. If you pick a character that is primarily seen as comic relief, or isn't on missions (basically a subcharacter) then please pick a major character as well. The sub character won't count toward your character count, but do make posts from them every so often, or even make them a main character. Also, depending on the current mission or storyline of that particular section we will likely not need everyone. I wish to keep this as entertaining and close to the comics as I can (In terms of how it is set up with villains and so forth, not how the story plays out).

Story:
We're going to back up and begin this at the start of the New X-men storyline. Just as Wallflower, Prodigy and the rest are joining up. There are still mutants in the world, M-Day hasn't happened yet. As such, some of the events in the comics may or may not tie into the RP. Keep in mind, especially if you play one of the characters that comes in during the time period, that you will be introduced similar to the comics. (Eg. Surge is a homeless person taking pills to control her powers. X-23 is brought in by Wolverine after she loses her family)

Some students come to seek refuge. Others are talked into it by the teachers that visit their house and talk to their family. Some come because their family wants nothing to do with a mutant. Decide how you want to be introduced and let me know if I need to help you be pulled in. Until everyone is taken, I'll be able to fill in for absent people.

NOTE: If you have any ideas for story arcs, then let me know! I'm open and receptive to ideas, and very well may be able to use them in the future.

CANON CHARACTERS AVAILABLE:

Major Good Guys (Students):
Josh Foley (Elixer) -
Noriko Ashida (Surge) -
Julian Keller (Helion) -
Sooraya Qadir (Dust) -
Cessily Kincaid (Mercury) -
Santo Vaccaro (Rockslide) -
Kevin Ford (Wither) -
The Three-in-One (Celeste, Mindee, Pheobe Cuckoo) -
Laura Kinney (X-23) -
Joshua Guthrie (Icarus) -
David Alleyne (Prodigy) -
Laurie Collins (Wallflower) -
Sofie Mantega (Wind Dancer) -

Minor Good Guys (Students):
Victor Borkowski (Anole) -
Paras Gavaskar (Indra) -
Alani Ryan (Loa) -
Ben Hammil (Match) -
Nicholas Gleason (Wolf Cub) -
Megan Gwynn (Pixie) -
Nezhno Abidemi (Gentle) -

Major/Minor Good Guys (Teachers):
Cyclops -
Beast -
Storm -
Wolverine -
Emma Frost -
Karma -
Danielle Moonstar -
Psylocke -
Archangel -
Cannonball -
Wolfsbane -
Nightcrawler -
Marvel Girl -
Professor X -
Colossus - (Won't be used until after the events of M-Day when he's resurrected)
-----------------------------------

I'll be handling the bad guys. So sorry guys. I'll also only be playing the NPCs, despite my wishes. I may throw in a OC at some point, but we shall see.

If you want to look up some of these characters, if you're deciding on who you want to play, then use this link here:http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page

CHARACTER PROFILES:

CANON CHARACTER PROFILE:
Screen Name:
Name:
Homo Superior Name: (aka super hero name)
Appearance: (Try to use a picture, please)
Weapons/Equipment: (If any)

ORIGINAL CHARACTER PROFILE:
Screen Name:
Name:
Homo Superior Name: (aka super hero name)
Appearance: (Try to use a picture, please)
Weapons/Equipment: (If any)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom