The Angel & The Nephiliam (Me & Mister Grimm)

Ara shook her wings out and folded them tightly to her back before she pulled her jacket back around her and looked back into the Darkness, the world has gone crazy for her not to long ago. She had just found out more about her family. Her father was the Arc Angel Gabriel who now was after her because he thought she had been a huge mistake.

She was what you would call a Nephiliam, meaning her mother was human and her father was well the Angel Gabriel. Anyways she was on the run, her father was trying to kill her. Ara was a pretty innocent girl with long blond hair almost white in color. She was about 5'4 1/2, weighing in about 100lbs with the darkest of brown eyes.

Her wings were pure white most of the way down until you got to the tips, those were a very light color of grey. She carried a sword at her side and a dagger on one hip, she was a good fighter, she just happened to be born that way. She had to keep her wings hidden, it was one of the few ways to keep from drawing attention to herself.

It suddenly started to rain that night, Ara was walking down a dark alley way, her ears and eyes were always open for trouble. She didn't know it yet but she was a very important person, she would end up saving the world from going into chaos but that was not yet to happen. She suddenly heard a noise, she ducked behind a huge oak tree and hid in the shadows, watching and waiting.

From weeping and thunderous skies he came. His wings were black as midnight, his hair black and gray from a hard life of living. He carried a pair of daggers on his hips as he landed in the alley, his wings extended. He looked up and looked at his surroundings. The man was built and strong. He slowly stood, wearing his armor and ready for anything.

The man was an archangel, Michael. He was the general of His lords armies. Michael and Gabriel were brothers in a way, not by blood but by battle. He and Gabriel had been friends once. Then Gabriel had been told he was to lead the angels of heaven on a war against humanity. Michael couldn't have that. He was tasked with protecting humanity, he couldn't go back on those vows.

Slowly he rose, looking towards the Oak tree and stepped forth. "You can come out Ara, I mean you no harm" he said gently. Michael stood straight and looked to her. "I am the Archangel Michael, I've been sent to protect you" he said gently.

Ara trembled slightly but straightened up her hand drew her sword as she stepped out from behind the huge oak tree. She didn't trust any of the angels that came from Heaven, so far most have them had tried to attack and kill her by Gabriel's orders. "How do I know that my father has not scent you to really kill me?" she asked.

She stared at him, she would fight to the death if she had too, her sword was one the Angels of Heaven used, she had managed to steal if from her father once. Her blond hair blew around her as a gust of wind picked up, her long jacket blew around her like some kind of cape. Her eyes narrowed as she watched Michael making sure he didn't try to attack her.

"Who sent you to protect me hmmm? I have been abandoned and am being hunted by the very Angles God made to protect people. Even God himself has abandoned me, I hear no word from him and when I try to return to Heaven, I can not." Ara hissed, she was angry but she also hurt deeply inside ever since Gabriel had struck her mother down.

"I have learned one thing and that is not to trust any Angels that come down from Heaven. My own father struck my mother down, now he is after me because I am some little mistake, a freak he made." she growled lowly. Ara almost spat on the ground, Archangels pissed her off the most, her father was one.

Michael watched as she trembled, coming out and unsheathing her sword as she came forth, questioning how did she know if he was telling the truth and if he was actually an assassin sent from Gabriel. He kept his eyes on her. They were blue and almost seemed to glow gently. He looked to her as the wind caught her jacket and her hair, her eyes ready to attack.

He understood her weariness. Angels had been sent over a great deal of time to kill her. He understood fully well why she despised angels. He was not like Gabriel. He had the one quality that he had seemed to have forgotten, mercy. Michael raised his hands to show he meant no harm.

"God has sent me to protect you. He is not fully committed to his campaign against human kind, he has sent me to aid you in anyway possible" he said gently. He listened to her hiss as she explained that she had no love for angels, that her father had struck down her mother. He looked to her as she told him that she had learned one thing and that was not to trust angels from heaven. "It seems to me you have little choice" he said.

Ara raised an eyebrow then sighed softly as she sheathed her sword, she sensed he was not a threat, she would be wary of him though. "Why do I need help? I have been keeping myself safe so far? Why does God send you now when most of my life I have fending for myself?" she said softly as she stuck her hands in her pockets a slight shiver went through her.

"I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to get rid of you even if I tried, alright then Michael, I believe you." she said, she did believe him now but she would still be wary of him. One thing she learned in her short life was not to trust anyone, if someone got too close you could be stabbed in the back or worse, killed by them.

"I still don't know why God finds a lowly Nephiliam like me important." she muttered and let out a sigh. Her wings were staring to ache, the only problem with hiding them was they cramped up at lot on her. She pulled her jacket off and let her wings extend, for someone her size they were huge, strong yet they seemed more pure looking then Michael's.

You could see some small scars on them here and there, unlike an Angel her skin would always scar, she could heal fast but her wounds would always leave ugly scars behind. She wrapped her wings around her still keeping her distance from Michael, a lonely feather dropped off her wing and the wind caught it sending it floating into Michael's chest.

Another thing about Ara was that her wings showed her heath, right now they looked rather ragged, there were broken feathers here and there on them as well. She had a hard life, always on the run and never staying in the same place. Her skin was pale and there always seemed to be a sad look in her eyes.

Michael relaxed a bit as she sheathed her sword. He wasn't a threat to her, if anything he was an asset to her. He was a master with the daggers. He was quick, able to cut an angels wings off quickly and then slit angel's throat. He was light on his feet as she asked him why she needed his help. "Do you really want to face a legion of angels alone?" he said. It would be very unwise to turn down help when it was offered.

Michael listened as she said she had a feeling she wouldn't be getting rid of him easily. She wouldn't. He had been tasked by God himself to keep her alive. Whether she liked it or not, he was here to help her. He looked to her as she seemed distrustful of him. He understood why. She didn't have a good relationship with angels, it was understandable. He looked to her as she asked why God finds her important. He watched as she let her wings free.

Michael watched as she began moving. He didn't have scars. At least none that he knew of. Demon weapons could harm and kill Angels. Michael tended to be too fast to be caught by a demon forged weapon. He looked to her as she wrapped her wings around her, a feather floating into him. He picked up the feather and looked it over. She needed rest. He rubbed his neck and sighed. "You need some time to rest. You and I will have time to move on soon, for now you and I should get out of the rain and get some rest" he said.

"Your even stranger than my father." she muttered but shrugged as she pulled her Jacket so it sat on her shoulders and she turned and headed off down an alley way, she could feel him following her, she didn't like this but she was just going to suck it up and deal with it. "What I really need is my father to stop trying to kill me." Ara said.

She turned another dark corner, opened a door and made her way inside a flat heading up some steps she opened another door and he could see a small apartment. "This is where I live." she said and shut the door behind the Angel before she locked it and made her way over to a couch and sat down, she ran her hands through her hair.

"Make yourself at home but please stay out of my bedroom, there is a spare room down the hall to the right, black door, that can be your room." Ara said then stood up and threw her jacket onto a coat hanger then headed into the kitchen and began to make something to eat. She let out a sigh, she was so warn out and hungry.

Michael smirked a bit at her comment. He chuckled a bit at her comment of what she really needed was her father to stop trying to kill her. That would definitely help out. He smiled as they finally made it up to her flat, looking around a bit curiously as she spoke that this was where she lived. It seemed rather permanent. Not generally a good idea when your trying to hide from someone. He looked to her as she ran a hand through her hair, telling him to make himself at home but stay out of her bedroom. "I'll make do" he said as she threw her jacket onto a coat hanger, heading to the kitchen and making something to eat. He watched her carefully then looked outside, sighing gently. He took a seat and took what appeared to be a rather worn scroll out of his pack, reading it quietly.

Ara came back out of the kitchen and made her way towards him and handed him plate of toast and a few grapes and a banana. "Sorry there isn't much, but I am planning on leaving here tomorrow, have to use it up." she said and then made her way past him, she had already eaten. She made her way into the bathroom and took a shower then got out, she was dressed in clean clothes ready to move in case.

"Your welcome to take a shower, do you need me to show you how to turn it on? You are covered in earth dust." she said as she walked towards him. Her wings were hidden against her body, under her shirt. You could see bandages running down her arms before she pulled a hoodie over her head, he would be able to see more bandages over her stomach as she pulled her shirt down over her navel.

She fixed her belt around her, her sword stuck in its sheath. She raised an eyebrow before she reached a hand up and gently picked a few leaves out of his hair. "You know, I have never seen an Angel quite like you. You show no anger in your face, all the others show it along with blood lust." she said moving her hand to touch his cheek before she pulled away and turned looking out a window.

Michael looked to her as she came back, handing him a plate of food. Michael took a bite of the toast and popped a grape into his mouth. "Very wise, the more we keep moving, the less chance we'll be found" he said as he continued to eat, watching her move past him into the shower. He watched as she came back and smiled gently. "No need for that" he said with a chuckle. He watched as she pulled her shirt on and fixed a belt on, taking a seat and taking a few leaves out of his hair. "I am not like other angels, most of us have indeed lost our way. I have not. My ideals still remain strong" he said gently. He watched as she touched his cheek, feeling his beard.

Little longer posts please)

She blinked slightly then stared back out the window keeping her hands to herself, she still felt awkward around him though. "I only know one other Angel who is like you, he was a friend of my father's as well but he is hidden on earth. He trying to find a way to turn the humans pure again. I think you know Malicy?" she asked and cocked her head to the side. She shook her head and thought better of herself and shut her mouth.

"I love my father even though he is out to kill me." she said and let out a huge sigh before she stood back up her wings hurt under their bindings but she was going to keep them hidden. She jumped slightly hearing a familiar trumpet go off, fear suddenly filled her eyes as she ran for her room, she grabbed hold of a back pack and pulled it over her back along with a cross bow and looked back at Michael.

"Father is coming." she said sliding her coat back on and kicking open the front door and heading down the steps and made her way into a back alley. She was in agony but she would push herself as hard as she could, she knew Michael would be behind her, she could still hear the trumpet going off and she hoped she could get to safety before Gabriel attacked them.

Michael looked to her as she looked outside the window, seeming to feel awkward as she said she only knew one angel like him. Malicy. The name was familiar. He had fought along side him when the angels lead a rebellion. He had been a loyal soldier, very skilled with a long sword. Perhaps that's where she had learned how to handle a sword. He looked to her as she spoke of how he had been trying to make man pure again. It was a fools errand if you asked him. If man were meant to be pure, hell would not exist now would it? He looked to her as she said she loved her father even though he tried to kill her. He looked up at the sound of the trumpets. Michael drew his daggers as she grabbed her back pack and looked to him. He followed her through the alleyway as a possessed human lunged towards him. Michael quickly sliced the man's head off and kicked the corpse away. The sound of Gabriel's wings could be heard above.

Gabriel acted fast, poor Ara had no time to make a move. Gabriel grabbed her by her shoulder and sent her slamming into the ground where he ripped the back of her jacket and shirt open. He then forced her wings apart then slammed to daggers into each of her wings, Ara screamed out in pure agony as the blades sliced through her skin. She stared wide eyed up at the man, her arm reached down to her blade but Gabriel pinned it to her side.

"I don't think so child." he hissed at her before he grabbed his weapon and smiled down at her. "Time to finally get rid of the mistake I made." he growled. Ara squirmed and then grabbed hold of her own dagger and sliced at the side of Gabriel's wing. That send the angel flying slightly to the side, she tried to pull herself to her feet but her wings were pinned to the ground. Suddenly a flash came out of now where and sent Gabriel flying.

Ara couldn't pull the daggers out, they were stuck in the bones of her wings. She felt herself losing blood, her eyes were growing heavy. She grasped at her sword and brought it towards her back, if she couldn't get free she wold have to cut her own wings off. Her hand was trembling, she didn't want to cut them off, it would hurt like hell.

Michael watched as blood poured from the headless corpse. He watched as another possessed human leaped onto his back. Michael bashed his head into the creatures face and did a quick 360, cutting the creature in half with his razor sharp wings. He kicked the corpse away from him. He stopped as he heard the sound of concrete breaking. He turned back to see Gabriel over Ara. Michael was ready to throw his dagger and tackle him when with one swift motion she sliced the side of Gabriel's wing.

Michael moved swiftly to her and pulled the daggers out of her shoulders. The blade was a monster of a weapon. It dug deeper into her with time unless it was pulled out. Michael quickly put a wrapping around her so that she wouldn't bleed out. Michael picked her up and got moving, carrying her out of the danger zone. Michael did the occasional swipe, taking a possessed human's head off and making his way into a safer area. Michael slowly set her down gently. "Easy, you won't lose your wings" he said gently.

Ara clung to Michael as he ran off with her out of harm's way, she slumped to her bottom as she felt dizzy from the loss of blood. Her wings hung at a strange angle and she closed her eyes. "It really hurts, I have never seen a weapons like those before." she whispered as she pushed herself up then fell slightly into Michael.

She clung to the older male her balance was off, she needed some where to rest. Ara followed slowly after him until they came to an abandoned warehouse where she staggered inside and slumped down, she pulled bedding from her bag and handed him some. Ara then slumped to the small bed she made and closed her eyes.

She groaned in pain as she pulled her outer clothing off and showed Michael her wings. "Is there anything you can do about the pain, anything you can do to help?" Ara asked as she looked up and over her shoulder at him. She lay her head down again feeling as if she may throw up, had their been poison on those daggers?

Back
Top Bottom