Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Flassche:I hate Droids! (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black-divider-no-background-hi.png

Please refrain from replying directly to this thread, Pm me if you are interested.

Title: I hate droids!

Excerpt:
We follow the story of a pair of unlikely individuals, one flesh, one machine, and their fight for survival. The story would cover their crash-landing of their escape pod and the first stages of their immediate survival, savaging for supplies and trying to coexist with one another. One major element would be the modification of the android, seeing as her ‘protocols’ are more of a discomfort than an advantage. The two survivors will also have to deal with the immediate threat of the enemy, the ones responsible for attacking the spaceship in the first place. Their motives are yet unknown, yet with each encounter it slowly becomes more and more clear, until finally a truth is revealed that should have better been left untouched, for ever.

Content:
-Human/Machine
-Protocol/command changing
-Body modification
-Survival
-War

Setting:
Futuristic/Realistic

My Character(s):
My main character would be the captain of a small freighter on its way to deliver a high priority cargo. At his best he is a resourceful man who usually has some unique tricks up his sleeve. At his worst he is a sarcastic prick who looks at all robotic life forms with disdain.
His features are completely open for discussion and alteration. Feel free to add suggestions!

Your Character(s):
Although written as a ‘female’ android, I picture her more as genderless at first, with feminine curves. Androids in this universe are a mixture of machine and artificial flesh. Her outer plating is somewhat harder for protective purposes, yet internally she is ‘softer’, having sophisticated internal systems that allows androids to outperform their purely machine cousins; the droid. Some androids are even able to digest food sources to fuel their internal bio generators. They are highly durable and quite easily modified if you know how to.
Although the story writes her from a female perspective, I am open for any interpretation (Male, genderless, etc)

Inspiration for the scene:
The picture submitted below.

black-divider-no-background-hi.png

Chapter one: The Crash

The RLD -class command android 000-003 opened his eyes and patiently waited for his primary hard drives to spin up, his memory of the past events becoming more and more clear. He immediately went for his designated task.

*AUTOREPAIR PROCEDURES COMPLETED*
*DUALITY AI LOADED*
*HIGH-LEVEL AUTONOMOUS FUNCTIONS STARTING UP*
*STARTUP COMPLETED*

A small explosion ruptured part of the ships stern, just below where it was working. The ship’s AI noticed the increasing distance between the ship and the 003 android. It quickly concluded that the android was now considered lost and deemed unusable from then on.

“Captain, 003 RLD is leaving the ship at an alarming rate of 34 clicks per second. Suggestion; preparation for the loss of unit 003” The tall human sitting in the captains both was nodding to the AI while trying to keep the ship from crashing into one of the asteroids nearby. “How many have found us so far?” When he heard the AI say 21 he slammed his fist at the control panel, denting the panel somewhat. “Prepare one of the Androids suited for long term survival, place the necessary supplies and the droid in Life pod 20a. Make sure the other life pods are filled with basic supplies and target them to drop nearby life pod 20a.”

‘Mental note: Don’t use frigging droids to do a man’s job.’

The captain hated droids. Androids were only slightly less irritating, seeing as they they at least felt the concept of embarrassment for screwing up a job. He reached Pod 20a and crawled inside, finding his supplies and one of the Androids, a female one. “what the?” He said out loud, obviously confused. “I though only male or genderless models existed.” The female droid was surely one of the expensive cargo’s he had been task to bring to outpost delta, a known scientific hotspot and android manufacturing outpost.
He opened her eyes by sliding the eyelids from over her optical sensors, and looked at her eyes. She was surprisingly life like.

“Launch!” He yelled, while fastening his seatbelts. Seconds later he felt the pods launching, while he passed out from the heavy G’s felt inside the cabin.

SYSTEM REBOOT NECESSARY FOR COMPLETE FUNCTION....REBOOT?
.......yes
SYSTEM REBOOT SELECTED....GOOD MORNING FAI
..."The time is not accurate for morning...please auto correct...actual time....unknown....designation...unknown...total life forms in small space occupancy...two....first life form...human male, well built, sexually active....personality archetype…bitter...second life form….robotic.....Android Fai....Female Artificial Intelligence...I am...I am...Error….No name designated....please auto correct mild malfunction...v..v...vocalizer skip. Good Morning Fai-01".

view

The inner computer of the semi-conscious female figure worked furiously to auto correct itself, adjusting the minor infractions as herself repair kicked in. Small damage had been maintained during the sudden ejection from the main ship, but she had managed to keep it minimal by forcing herself into a complete system shut down. The first thing her sensors had picked up upon reboot was the extra body occupying the small space with her. A quick scan told her it was a human male; a man she had seen from a distance and been told to stay away from for good reason. Her creator had informed her countless times when she questioned it. "Some humans just don't like Androids Fai, and a female one will only add to it".

At the time she had processed the information and stored it away for later use, deciding it was not something to worry herself over. As it was though, she was now stuck in a tiny pod with the very man she had been warned away from and hadn't the slightest clue on where they were going to land. Nor what would happen when they did. Flexing her silicone fingers a bit she turned her head to peer at him, adjusting sensors in her eyes to help her see in the dim light of the pod. A green light appeared on the plain, white protective plates melded to her figure, indicating a scan was in progress. It blipped off when she finished. She now had every major stat about him stored in her data bank, and could pull what she needed when the time called for it.

A metallic, monotone female voice came on over the pods intercom.
"Estimated Landing time, 0.5 Minutes...destination unknown."
Fai frowned and reached over, touching her unconscious companions cheek gently, protocol demanding she checked his vitals.

ETA 10 seconds”

A soft hand caressed his cheek, making circles around his temple, brushing the short dark brown hair aside. His temple felt warm and sticky. “Blood?” He asked sheepishly. The figure that was caressing his temple was a blur, he could not see her in detail. When he tried to concentrate, he nearly lost consciousness again. The last thing he could hear was the sound of the flight processing module counting down, before it all disappeared in one loud bang..

“5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1. ..impa..”

Lance was half conscious as he was thrown out of the cockpit during the impact. He heard the escape pot bursting open while in the distant the other pods were crashing. He dimly remembered he had ordered a droid to set a gentle lading path. “Stupid computers” He thought as he flew further in the air. His shoulder landed first in a deep lake, the water feeling like concrete at first, causing friction marks on his shoulder. He rolled one the watery surface until he finally sank down. The cold water brought him awake in a second. If he had broken something he would have to act now. He was not too deep in the water yet and adrenaline was fuelling him, for now.

He propelled himself upwards using his legs. “Thank god they aren’t broken” he muttered to himself as he reached the edge of the lake. A dozen seconds later and he was rushing towards the escape pod, body battered and bruised. It felt like he had mated with a rhino who was suffering from PMS. He forced himself onwards, knowing the longer he waited the more of his supplies went to waste.

Upon reaching the crash site he found the android lying underneath a few bags and crates. Grabbing her wrist and a handful of bags, he began to drag them from the escape pod. The pod looked instable and would no doubt meet an explosive ending, soon. After dragging most of the bags and the android near the tree lines, he began to bury them behind a small wall of sand. It might not be much, but it would stop small pieces of metal, probably.

“Wake up, help me dig!” He yelled as he slapped the android against the face. When he took a second glance at her, he let his eyes linger. The androids features were stunning, sophisticated to the point of looking futuristic. Comparing the androids features to his 6”2 height and athletic frame, she looked weak, yet at the same time he knew her frame would be even stronger than he himself could manage. “HELP ME DI-.” He wanted to say, but the blast wave caught him of guard, knocking him unconscious once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom