Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question about my PM system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a question/concern.
Recently, my PM system has been acting up. Whenever I try to send a reply to others, it either comes up blank, or the person does not receive my message. Is there a way for me to fix this?

Thank you.

I'm seeing that messages are getting sent by you - is this intermittent or something?

I have the same issue. the Pm is sent, yes, but when they receive it is blank. However when i open it up to reply, the message is still there.

I mean i don't mind working around that for now, but when the RP starts, it will pose an issue.

This has been an issue for me even before the server change. All I can say is, to fix this, you MUST clear out some contents of the PM. I've found that this fixes it temporarily. Pretty much, just remove ALL quotes except for the last one (Which should be the one your partner sent to you) and simply type your message normally. It should fix itself. Thats what it does for me anyway.

although I've seen it when there is not much contence in the pm, it generally has to do with it happens as you approach character limit, clear out the pm and the problem goes away

Jugger82 said:
This has been an issue for me even before the server change. All I can say is, to fix this, you MUST clear out some contents of the PM. I've found that this fixes it temporarily. Pretty much, just remove ALL quotes except for the last one (Which should be the one your partner sent to you) and simply type your message normally. It should fix itself. Thats what it does for me anyway.

while this does help in most situations,it doesn't when the pm is very short.

The error is caused because there is a missing end of quote tag.

Click Reply, press ctrl+F, and type "[/quote", and search for which ever quote tag doesn't have the ending "]" (it should be one of the last ones, so start from the bottom)

It's not an error with the server, it's an error with MyBB's BBCode parser, that seems to be breaking down, when a user accidentally removes the end bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom