Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not sure how to ask..

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

belle_lethe

...but if this seems like a rude question, I apologize. I like to read and get familiar with things before I jump into anything, so that's what I've been doing since I found this place. One thing though, is I'm really interested in reading RP's that are in the same vein as ones that I'd eventually like to participate in. But, short of going through each thread individually til I get to the pairing, there doesn't seem to be any other way to locate the particular style I'm interested in. Is that rude? That I'm more interested in reading rp's of a particular type than just reading any? If it's not rude and I haven't offended anyone (if I have I'm sorry, not my intention), is there any way to either locate those particular types of stories, or a way to request links to those threads, something like that? All the titles of the rp threads don't give any indication of what type of pairing it is, unless I'm missing something, and if I am, please tell me. Ok, that's it for now, I appreciate any answers and I'm sorry if that was a rude thing to ask!

~Bella

Once we move servers, the search function will be up and working once more. So, once it is fully functional again, you'll be able to do key word searches to find what you're looking for board wide. At this time, however, you'll have to try your best to figure it out via title, which I know isn't always easy to do.

I would suggest identifying an author that writes what you enjoy and using the link in their profile that says find more posts by this author or find threads by this author. There are many writers that write a variety of subjects, however there are still other authors that write similar themes throughout most of their threads. I guess it depends also on the specifics of what you're looking for. For example the method I am suggesting would also be affective if you are seeking a particular writing style such as detailed, or plot driven. For example I myself write longer more detailed posts and this carries through to almost every rp I have.

You might also make sure you are in the specific forum your topic would be in. For example if you are looking for a thread that focuses heavily on incest or bdsm, I wouldn't go looking in the general original roleplay section for it, because those threads are generally put in taboo original roleplays.

Another tip would be to look at the authors of the thread cause sometimes that can help you narrow it down for example if you are looking for mxf or fxf. There are some here who play opposite genders than they are in real life, however from what I've seen still more write as their own gender. So if you saw "Life's journey -- (The gladiator and darkangel76)" and you were looking for fxf you could potentially skip that thread. Especially if you knew about the players in question like the example above both Myself and DA typically play as our own gender, therefore making this thread a mxf story.

Over all I can say is worst case scenario you read the first few posts of a thread, in theory the main characters should be introduced in those few posts, which should give you an idea of the pairing taking place within that thread. Take for example the thread title I mentioned above "Life's journey" In DA's first post she introduces Rhonwhyn, her priestess character. Immediately following that post I replied introducing Taurean, my assassin half-elf. So, within those two posts you can guess that the thread is going to revolve at least in some part around those two characters. This means the pairing is priestessxassassin, and fxm. If this does not interest you, you can close the thread and try another one.

shiesh, I got a little windy here. I hope some of my suggestions help.

P.S. I know I'm not on staff or anything, I just hoped my ideas would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom