Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost PMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
As they say; once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Is it possible that with the recent server changes, PMs might be getting lost in sending? Rarely, ever now and then, I'd send a PM to someone (usually someone I've not contacted before), and the PM goes unread and ignored. I usually don't bother prodding afterwards. But, I've got four PMs that are days old that remain "unread" on my tracker, most of them to a person I've been RPing with for a long time and isn't in the habit of ignoring, and I know they've been online enough to see them if the PMs were there. But with all the PMs I've sent, I'm worried if they -were- seen but not read, that sending further inquisitive PMs might just be irritating (I've got a strong aversion to appearing to be a bug about things). So, is it possible that PMs are getting lost-in-transit? I'd like to know if it's possible before trying to send more PMs...

While yes it is possible, chances are if you are seeing it show up in the tracking... they are there in their inbox. Typically, when things get lost, they literally get lost in all ways and facets and thus become untrackable. If you have an alternate means of contacting this person, I'd suggest using it as a back up. If not, another possibility would be to make a shout out in the Journal section or ask a mutual friend to PM them one final time. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom