Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

efficiency issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzomcninja

Super-Earth
I guess I just find it annoying that I can only have two request threads at a time especially when the last one was like months ago. Your competitors don't have such rules. It means I have to browse each individuals account and pretty much creep them just to find a partner here. The pm limit really sucks too. lol

Your complaint doesn't match up to what you're saying or I'm missing something, more threads don't mean efficiency when the reality was that people would abuse it to high heaven and have little concern for what happened to everyone else. The front page of request threads used to have multiple threads of the same person, when condensing them is more fair and less of a strain for everyone involved.

And, if you are aware or following the announcements at all, the PM limit was put into place because of server issues and will be returned to normal once Vek moves everything over to the new servers.

Most sites only allow one thread so the fact that we allow two is being fairly lenient, not to mention accommodating. Really, all you need is one and then to bump it when you are actively seeking an RP. To help make yourself more searchable you can do one of two things:

1) place a link to your request thread in your signature
2) post your RPs on the forums rather than your PMs

As for the PM limit? First off, it is temporary. Second off, it is currently necessary. If you followed along with the announcements, you'd know that the reason it had to be instated at all was to help with the processing load on our current server. The load was causing to much stress and thus increasing the glitches that occurred on site. As it is, we are still having glitches, but the cap helped to alleviate that to an extent. And, once more, it is TEMPORARY until we co-locate.

You can request to have one deleted and remake your second one. I'm sure a GM could do so if you mind your manners and ask politely enough, since you do find it to be such an inconvenience.

I personally only have one thread and have gotten enough plays to satisfy me. I added a craving area as well and have not found the need to have a second thread. I also find it easier when looking at potential partners to only have to look in one or two spots to see what it is they like. If they have twelve or even five it makes it confusing and I second guess them since its as though they are fickle with their wants, needs and desires.

Maybe I'm just the odd duck lol.

Well a certain unnamed competitor allows unlimited request threads. Which allows for advertising in the titles of your request. Anyway its your house and your rules but this is why my activity has dropped off. I cannot speak for anyone else.

Here is an example. Demographics. I like everything from steamy vanilla romance to violent horrible snuff and rape. But obviously I don't want both of those things in the same request thread. Just seems weird. It contrasts and ruins the mood of the thread if you have Unicorns in the same thread as Velociraptors.

Again, I'm not really understanding the nature of this thread. Sites will cater to people in different ways, I don't know if you're wishing this site had something the other offers (which means, incidentally, something here is keeping you) or you're just trying to point out that someone else is doing something and you want us to do it. Every website offers something different, what we've been doing has worked for us and the rules are based on situations that needed us to put a stop to it.

This just seems like a roundabout way to say "Well, a competitor is doing something better, whatcha gonna do bout that?"

EDIT: Then make two threads for those demographics?

When I first joined this site i liked it more between the two. Looks like its like fading awau all its luster though.

I think you just found a website that suits you better, and by all means! Go ahead, but I don't think we're going to change what we do because someone found a website that does it like that and they want it done over here. Like I said, we set those rules in place because of situations that spiraled out of control. What works for some won't work for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom