Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue with Persistent/Shared Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatik

Super-Earth
It would be nice if Persistent/Shared Worlds got some attention since world-building is no quick process and it would be a big help if people actually noticed that there are new posts there. Currently, it's completely barren and when someone does post something, the thread's status doesn't update to "New Posts"

World building definitely is a process, I agree. And I'm not sure what you mean by the status not updating to 'new posts'. If it's not doing that, it might be a technical glitch. I mean, I know that the section isn't commonly used in comparison to the others, but even still things should update if a new post is made. So, I'm not sure what the problem might be other than something that's technical.

darkangel76 said:
World building definitely is a process, I agree. And I'm not sure what you mean by the status not updating to 'new posts'. If it's not doing that, it might be a technical glitch. I mean, I know that the section isn't commonly used in comparison to the others, but even still things should update if a new post is made. So, I'm not sure what the problem might be other than something that's technical.

What I meant is that when you're at the home screen seeing all the different sub-forums that have the icon representing "Forum contains new posts", the icon for Persistent/Shared Worlds doesn't exactly change from "Forum containing no new posts".

I just think people might actually use it if it doesn't seem so dead (although I may just be blaming the grey icon) but people are posting there, despite how rarely that occurs.

Well, it is a slow moving section and not overly many actually use it, but it is there for the few who do and it does seem to get its activity here and there in varying levels of spurts. One thing that can be done to help revitalize to perhaps advertise (that is the 'Assembly of Thought' section within Persistent Worlds) and recruit people to an idea you might have for a world you are creating and wishing to establish and RP for in that section. Just like in groups or open, get that interest sparked and then an OOC thread going in 'Loom of Fates'. :)

If you try this and have trouble in the recruiting, I will allow you to post an advertisement in groups with a link to your advertisement in Persistent to help draw people there. Hope this helps.

That is a good idea but to generate interest, people need to actually look at the section, something which doesn't happen very often if at all. The latest post in Assembly of Thoughts is actually for my world during mid-January, no interest generated. The latest world created was called Magi Terra that had two characters/roleplayers, the roleplay ended on 31st January. They posted in The World Forge and posted their characters in Registry of Souls. The roleplay started, got five posts before they stopped.

I'm hoping you see my point.

I do, which is why I suggested cross-reference advertising. To help stimulate the interest and get the section to thrive a bit, it would be fine to post advertisements in the group section linking the section to your threads in Persistent. That way, people who are actively browsing Groups will see it and hopefully be intrigued enough to venture over and take a peek. Given the low level of activity of that section, I see no harm in doing this to help stimulate it to help get it going. Another thing to try is PMing those in the Group who seem to take part in group RPs of a similar nature to those you are trying to promote for your world.

I'll be sure to try your suggestions out. Thank you very much for the help (still thinking the icon's bugged or needs a certain level of activity to change, dunno)

You're very welcome. I hope something works out since I'd love to see the section become active for those who truly want to use it. As for the icon, it should light up if a new post is there. But once you read it... it will gray out. So, until people start really posting, that probably just won't be happening unless there's a technical glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom