It only gets worse... (SuperSonic13 & PenguinDesperado)

SuperSonic13

Super-Earth
[/i]... It was over. The dragon was vanquished. Athos had died valiantly. Ninian and Nils had returned home. All that was left was ceebration.

Nino remembered... remembered the final strike on the dragon. Mark had made a risky move; if Excalibur didn't roll off with extra power, the dragon likely would have burned her to death. But with swift throws of her hand... 1 - 2 - 3 - The dragon fell beneath Excalibur. She heard the despair in the Dragon's death cry... it felt so familiar... it downed her...

... But again, it was over. She looked at her friends; those who cared for her when she had lost everything. And she loved them so.

... Something troubled her, however. She recalled, as Nergal fell before her, the final words Nergal had to say. They were unrepeatable, especially to one as illiterate as Nino. She recalled that a stinging sensation spread through her chest after its call. Should she worry...?

... She was alive now! What need was there to worry? They were home, and she was happy. She greeted the two men who put in the most effort: Lord Eliwood and Lord Hector, as they docked onto Pherae.

"Lord Eliwood! Lord Hector! You were all amazing! How about me? Was I helpful?"

The sage hoped for compliments...

Back
Top Bottom