Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Bard's Favorite Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right. Since I am new here, I thought that it would be good to start off posting what, exactly, I am hoping to find here. It's something that I have experienced in the past, and miss dearly, so if you think you are the one to fulfill this particular need, then please feel free to PM me; I would be very excited to talk to you.

I am looking for a story whose focuses are romance, exploration of power dynamics, and IMMERSION. Immersion is by far the most important factor. I work very hard in my real life; long hours, brutal work, idiot cow-orkers, the whole bit. RP is my escape, my flight of fancy. I want to share it with someone as interested as I am in losing themselves in the details of the story, of the nuances of character development, and the fun of exploring together.

Ideally, I am looking for someone who, like me, enjoys role playing, is creative and motivated, and has a passion for romantic stories with a little bit of kink thrown in. I haven't had a chance to do a journal thread yet, but when I do, specific likes/dislikes will be mentioned there. In the meantime, feel free to ask me if you have any specific things you want to know. I am very comfortable talking openly about my own wants and expectations, and listening respectfully to yours.

Also, while I am comfortable playing in forums, I really prefer playing in chat and then cleaning it up and transcribing it to forums. I would be happy to play in forums, but if you share my preference for using chat as an initial RP medium (with a willingness to work with me on posting the session in forums in an organized fashion after the fact), that is a HUGE plus. It just adds to the whole immersion factor for me, which as I stated above, is a big part of why I do this and enjoy it.

With due apologies, I am looking to play ONLY with females. I have nothing against homosexual men (in fact, I used to have several close friends that were gay), but am decidedly straight myself. If you feel like approaching me for friendly conversation in any of the topical forums, where I also intend to hang around, you can feel free, though. I am always up for friendly chat and/or a lively debate.

I am not trying to offend anyone with this next bit, but it's important to me, so it needs to be mentioned. Besides, I know my own worth as a writing partner, and without tooting my own horn, I think I am worth the hassle. :D I am adamant about people I play with being literate. You don't have to be perfect (I'm certainly not), but if you haven't mastered the basics of punctuation, grammar, spelling, and capitalization conventions, it's going to make it hard for me to really get into a story with you, even if your writing is otherwise engaging.

A final note: For now, I am looking for ONE story, with ONE writing partner. That's partly tied in with the immersion factor as well; the rest is simply that my life is a chaotically busy hell, and I would rather start one story with a really worthwhile partner and do it the justice it deserves than to start stories with several and have them all fall through or turn out less than satisfying for either myself or my partner.

EDIT: I realize I never got into the specific plot I am looking to play. It revolves around a medieval/fantasy theme. My character is either a lord/knight, or an itinerant bard. Either way, the character of my partner is a noblewoman. I will write out a short plot synopsis for both versions of this story below.

Lord/Knight Version - In this version, your character has been proposed to me as a suitable wife by her father, who has warned her that if she fails to impress me so that I agree to marry her, thus assuring him of her dowry and the increased status that union with my house will bring him, she can expect dire consequences. Perhaps your character is apprehensive at first, but acts out of duty to her family, or fear of her father. Perhaps she goes into this hoping that there will be an actual spark of affection and desire between us. Whatever the case, when I begin courting her, she doesn't push me away immediately. Over time, she comes to know my character as a strong, fiercely affectionate, powerfully lustful man who is at once both caring and protective, and coldly stern and demanding. From his strength of will, she learns to respect him. Before the heat of his passion, she learns to find her own (formerly repressed, of course, by the expected behaviors of a lady). From his caring, she learns to truly care for him, submitting herself to him in the end not out of fear, but out of devotion.

Bard version: In this version, my character is a bard who has recently come to perform at a holding your character rules (or at least, oversees). When first my character is brought into your presence, he immediately gains a powerful, potent attraction to her. Of course, no noblewoman would be caught dead so much as having a liaison with an itinerant musician, let alone anything more enduring. Overwhelmed by his desire to posses her, and with tales of the legendary past urging him on, my character seizes upon a bold plan: to kidnap her, and to make her his. Where things go from there is up to how your characters reacts to her sudden captivity.

i love the first idea you posted. im also looking for an in depth rp. i cant chat rp because i have to use my tablet for internet but can forum post and pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom