Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bluemoon running slow, sometimes not at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is something wrong with the servers? Because my computer is running fine. Everything but Bluemoon is loading at normal speeds, but more often than not I can't even get past the landing page. Even more annoying the PMs are running so slow sometimes I have to wait a full minute for them to actually send, and a lot of times they won't send at all. Then it takes forever to get off the "your email has been sent, click here to go to your inbox right away", another thing which often never loads completely.

Are the servers running slow or something? Or is this normal?

Well that really sucks, because I'm an incredibly impatient person when it comes to pages loading! xD
Thanks for letting me know, makes me feel better to know something isn't wrong with my computer.

Long story short, we have about 36 gigs of data and 12 gigs of ram.

Both E and Blue Moon are active enough that this gets cycled through very quickly. There are really only one of two solutions

1) Delete everything
2) Buy a new server.

Not counting remaining hospital debts, I'm going to be about six thousand dollars poorer than I was in January after I buy the new master server this weekend. Waiting for slave server order to finish first.

It's probably going to be mid-May, at the absolute earliest, by the time this gets setup, however.

I got really good deals on some low-mid range servers.

Still, going to be holding out tin cup on E and Blue Moon to recoup some.

Are there any issues right now? Page loading has always been fine for me but ever since last night, it takes several minutes to load each page, if it loads at all.

E loads fine for me. I just wanted to add that.

Something crapped out.

Still trying to figure out what, but seems to have been a socket issue. Hopefully will be fine until the server move, though.

Looks to be something in Blue Moon's software grabbing too many sockets, trying to determine what.

In any case, if it goes bad again when I get back, will probably disable the AJAX chat for a short while to see if that's it.

Actually came here to report the same problem and thanks for the effort. About the servers, I don't know all that much, but is there a way to remove older/inactive things to save space? Or maybe consider opening up a temporary donation period?

HaloandHorns said:
Actually came here to report the same problem and thanks for the effort. About the servers, I don't know all that much, but is there a way to remove older/inactive things to save space? Or maybe consider opening up a temporary donation period?
that would be a good idea, but i do doubt they would donate. i still think BM should open a way of accepting donations but not actually ask for them.

People can donate at any time. Just contact Vekseid with a PM and he'll get back to you and give you details on how and what to do for donating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom