Spirits (Vash x Hakumei)

X-Vash00

Star
As Admiral Zhao held the captive Tui in his clutches, the moon became an angry red, cutting away the power of the Waterbenders from their sole source. Aang, Sokka, Katara, Yue and the others approached him and demanded that he put the spirit back into the oasis. Iroh, who was devoted to the Four Nations staying separate than being united under the Fire Nation's reign, was more infuriated with Zhao's cruelty.

"Whatever you do to that spirit, I'll unleash on you tenfold! Let it go now!" He demanded of Zhao.

Zhao forcefully obliged and released the Moon Spirit back into the oasis, restoring the red moon to its original white. But then, in a fit of rage, unleashed a streak of fire at the oasis. But at the same time, the only living Airbender, out of reflex, intervened, and sent a kick of air at the Firebending Master and his flames, sending him into the water and putting him out, saving the spirits from being cooked. Katara got near Zhao and his soldiers, who were also knocked into the water, and froze them in ice, preventing them from Firebending.

"You might've stopped me, but you can't stop the fleet," Zhao told them. "You're as good as dead."

Then, Aang, with his tattoos glowing brightly, uttered, with the voice of his past lives, "No. We are not dead. Not yet."

Wading into the oasis, as though he were driven by the desire to protect the Northern Water Tribe in any way he knew was possible, and the Avatar State was the answer. The Moon and Ocean Spirits glowed and sunk into the water's deep darkness…along with Aang, who followed them. The waters of the oasis and the pool surrounding it rose up into the air and created some sort of monster made of spiritually-enriched water, with the Avatar in a some sort of air bubble and the koi fish beneath it. It left to seek out any Fire Nation soldiers and when it did, the Water Tribe people would submit and be spared…while the enemy was taken by the water…until the creature came to the ocean where the fleet was located, trying to retreat. The water creature unleashed giant waves that capsized all but three ships that were too far away for the waves to hit, but the ones that were hit had their passengers trying to swim to safety on some metallic driftwood that came loose from the sunken ships. Soaked and unable to Firebend, the soldiers were at the mercy of the water beast, which sent more waves and washed them all far away from the tribe.

-x-

The following day, with the spirits safely protected from the Firebenders (and with Zuko and Iroh disappearing from the tribe during the defeat of the navy fleet), Chief Arnook announced that the threat had passed and a time for rebuilding was to begin. Zhao and the few Firebenders that were with him would be taken back to the Fire Nation's waters and left to be dealt with. Master Pakku decided that he, along with a few Waterbenders, Healers and soldiers would journey to the Southern Water Tribe to help rebuild.

"But Aang still needs to master Waterbending," Katara, whom had been informed, reminded him.

"Well, then, I guess he'll have to start calling you 'Sifu Katara', then, hmm?" Pakku told him, declaring her a Master Waterbender.

Aang, still a little dazed after what had happened last night, couldn't believe that he entered the Avatar State and defeated an entire navy fleet with the help of the Moon and Ocean Spirits and his own past lives, protecting the entire North Pole from sure destruction. As he looked down at the destroyed buildings that the war had made, he pondered how long the onslaught would continue until he had mastered all the elements and defeated Fire Lord Ozai. How much longer were people going to live in fear of the Fire Nation? How long until they lost their homes and the people they loved? And how long until they even lost their hope?

Sokka, on the other hand, was packing up for the group before they set out to the Earth Kingdom in order for Aang to learn Earthbending from Bumi, the only Master Earthbender they knew and trusted. While feeding Appa some hay. Much was on his mind as the young warrior thought about a certain princess.

http://static.zerochan.net/Yue.%28Avatar%3A.The.Last.Airbender%29.full.583351.jpg

Yue argued with her father even as he hugged her close to his chest, estatic that she was well and safe. He planned to throw a large celebration in Aang and Sokka's honour for keeping his daughter safe. Yue pulled away and shook her head,"I am sorry father but I cannot stay. I see now that my path is to join the others and help Aang on his journey to master the elements. I know they already have a Waterbender and I have limited powers now that the moon spirit is safe, but I have to try." she explained to him, despite his look of doubt and sadness.

Shaking her head, she kissed her father on the cheek,"Do not fret father, I shall be safe. After all, Sokka has already sworn to protect me and as you can see, he is doing a fine job so far." she said. Her father shook his head, "He cannot protect Aang as well as yourself. What use is your life if all you would do is drag them down." he asked her but Yue wouldnt let his words stop her. She was determined.

It wasnt long before she came down the path by Appa carrying just a single bag of possessions. "I would like to join your journey and help in whatever manner I may if you will have me." she said as she looked over at Aang and then at Sokka before her pale face blushed slightly at the sight of him. She would have been a liar to say she wasnt scared, but somehow knowing Sokka would protect her made it more tolerable.

As Sokka forked large amounts of hay for the flying bison, his mind continually ligered on the first girl that Sokka ever truly loved. Tsuki was just a fling that happened in the heat of the moment while on Kyoshi Island, this was... different. Sokka was smitten by her at first site. Things had worked out so well, he played it cool most of the time, other than that time of walking into the water. He thought that this would be the chance to feel like what his father felt for his mother. Then there was that night... the night of the news.

Why? Why him of all people?! Why did he have to love a princess that was getting engaged to someone else?!?! He couldn't beieve that this was what it was going to be like for the rest of his life, just a bunch of "maybes" and nothing serious. What made it worst was that he actually got to meet the man that was going to marry Yue. It only made him feel worse. He didn't deserve her, no matter how good of a warrior he clames to be. The idiot couldn't even take down one fire bender. Sighing, he finished feeding Appa and sat down on a stool next to him.

He reached into his bag and pulled out two items, his bladed boomerang and a whet stone. He turned the stone in his hand a few times, feeling the cold and smooth surface of the stone. He then put the stone over the blade of the boomerang and slid it over, smoothing out the kinks and notches that fire nation armor caused. He repeated the motion until a small sound broke the silence of the pen. He looked up and saw the object of his thoughts in front of him.

The forbidden fruit that he would never get to take part of. She had a bag in her hand and announced her accompanying the group. He set the stone and boomerang down. "I don't think that's a good idea, Yue. You have a duty to your people and your..." He didn't want to say it but he knew that the words would have to leave his tongue, "Future... husband." The words tasted like rotten fish as they left his mouth.

Yue had tears fill her eyes at Sokka's statement and reaction to her request to come with were not the ones that she had expected or wanted to hear. Her throat suddenly had a glacier in it and she was having trouble swallowing. Taking a few deep breaths, watching her breath crystallize on the air, she managed to find her word. "Hahn was never my true love and he died at Zhao's hands during the attack. Thrown overboard into the ice water and died before our clan could get to him." she said flat out, her voice at a breaking point as she breathed fast, trying to keep the tears from coming on.

"Thanks to Aang and you, my clan is safe for now and my father is here to serve them. I have done my duty to my people and now my duty rests with Aang." she said, squaring her shoulders and forcing back the pain in her throat as she looked at him. "I wish to serve the Avatar and my people will respect my descision as will my father." she said as she hiked the bag up on her shoulder. Maybe she was wrong about Sokka, maybe he did indeed feel nothing for her.

Sokka hated to see her cry when he told her that it would best for her to stay. He never wanted to make her cry, it was the last thing in the world that he wanted to see, but he knew that it was yesterday. Last night he caught a glimpse of what true fear felt like. To have the one you live in the constant line of danger and frightened of what may come at the turn of a corner. He didn't know if he could handle that feeling.

Then she decided to do something that was turning out to be something she was really good at, dropping big news. His head shot up and looked at her in disbalief, "Hahn is dead?" Sokka didn't know how to feel about that news. Hahn dying removed that obstacle for him and Yue to be together, but... it was a life. Sure Hahn was an arrogant jerk who only cared about his political career and marrying Yue to advance that rather than loving her and carring like she's the most important girl in the world... but he was a member of the Watertribe Nation. "I... I didn't know that, I'm sorry for bringing that up."

He then petted her cheek with his gloved hand. "Yue... you have to understand why. I would love nothing more than to take you with us... but out there is a whole Fire nation army looking for us and spirits know what who else. If you go, then I run the chance of losing you... and I can't stand the thought of that happening."

Yue looked at Sokka as he rubbed her cheek before pulling back, her white hair flowing around her as she had taken it out of its ridiculous royal hair do and it was now streaming freely down her back. "I am sorry Sokka, but you cannot push me away and reel me in as you please." she said straight forward as she watched him. Watching the deaths of her people and her fiance last night had hardened her from the entirely innocent and soft person she had been. Though still soft, she was indeed a bit more grounded in her thoughts, but not much.

"We have aided you in your quest and you have saved our nation, and we do appreciate this, but if you refuse to take me along then I will be forced to with hold the Watertribes help when the time comes that you will need it again." she said. This was not the truth as she would never be able to not help Aang and Sokka but she prayed that he wasnt brave enough to call her bluff. "Please, I know I can do some good for you and the world by helping in the quest. Just think, you will never have to do womanly chores again." she said, smiling softly.

Sokka wanted to pull her back as she tore herself away. Her outrageous claims upset him, "Yue, I'm not trying to toy with you! I'm trying to protect you. Something I promised myself that I would do. Now please calm down." He was sad to see that her hair had gotten torn down. He actually really enjoyed it when it was up in her elaborate styles. Though he had to admit, the new style did help her new attitude and stance. It was fierce and passionate, it had him a little afraid of her now. She even went as far as to threatened no cooperation from the Northern Water Tribe. He didn't know what to think of this play, was she serious , or was it merely a bluff to get him to cooperate with her.

He finally relented, "Fine... you can join us. Though I do expect you to do my laundry from now on." He had a spy smile on his face saying the last requirement.

Yue looked at Sokka for a moment before her attitude moved from deadly serious to happy again before nodding. "Yes, I will do your laundry. Ill make sure its so clean that its in ashes." she said as she smiled at him, threatening to put his clothes of the fire if he thought she was going to clean his grimy close. With how often Abba sneezed on him, she was not about to clean up bison snot off of clothes every day.

"I am sorry Sokka. I would never refuse to help the Avatar in his quest, but I could not risk you saying no. I have nothing to serve here and the only place I could think to be use is with you guys." she said as she smiled softly at Aang and Sokka. "Plus, how can you protect me if you are half way around the world?" she questioned as she picked up her bag that she had dropped during arguing with him. "Now I highly doubt you want to stay here and live in the palace with me as my servant so I guess I will just have to come with you." she said with a wicked little grin before moving over and started to pet Abba while he ate.

Sokka's smile vanished from his face when the thought of his clothes burning entered his mind. The clam and temperant warrior lost the clam and his face turned red with embarrassment and fear, "Wait... y-y-you wouldn't really do it? W-would you?" Thinking back on his robes he could see her point. If he could count the number of times the robes had become so dirty that he questioned whether or not they would be even fit to wear was too many. "I guess I wouldn't blame you on that one. We really need to get some new clothes."

He was at least relieved to hear that her threat was actually just a mere bluff. "We'll at least you would be willing to help us there." He let out a chuckle of relief as he watched he move to place her pack on to Appa. He moved next to her and helped her strap the pack on to the saddle. Her thought on him staying at the palace actually had him pondering it himself. "I don't know, the palace seemed nice a few nights ago. Plus all of that foods was pretty great. Plus, I kind of think you would want to see me in a servants uniform."

Yue laughed softly at Sokka stammering about her burning the clothes. The thought had crossed her mind quite a few times when she had seen the state of them over the past week of them being in the region but she would never do something like that on her own volition without first asking if it was alright and finding replacements. "I kind of took it upon myself to find you some new clothes." she said as she looked back at the servants at the top of the hill holding a bundle of new clothes for each of them. "I figured it could be my gift for you allowing me to journey with you since you are taking on another mouth to feed." she said softly.

Yue paused when he mentioned him in a servant outfit and smiled as she looked back at the servants holding the clothes. "Yeah, that may be fun."s he said wit a laugh before moving around the front to pet Abba again while the servants greeted them with the new clothes that she had gotten for them. She had even gotten abba a large soft bristled brush that she could help clean his coat with.

Back
Top Bottom