Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Destroyer's Rise (Pathfinder) questions/etc

Destroyer's Rise

OOC Chatter Post

Character Profiles

Destroyer's Rise rules
Greetings! If you're reading this you're considering diving into the Destroyer's Rise Pathfinder campaign.

What you need to know: The pathfinder srd is the primary resource source for this campaign. Characters start at level 4. Party alignment greatly decides the course of the campaign and the world will change with the choices of the players. While there is a "main quest" so to speak, the rate at which that story is discovered is in the hands of the players. This is meant to be more open ended campaign that encourages PCs to think and engage the world, not a module campaign with explicit directions on where to go and what to do. Player actions will reveal or hide quest options and opportunities in the world. There's lots more to do besides helping the Vaersk museum retrieve it's stolen artifacts. The game begins with the PCs responding to a personal letter from the museum's curator requesting they meet in an inn's conference room to discuss "Sensitive, pressing matters." The core story involves gathering artifacts of Gruumsh to bring his avatar into the world and dealing with the consequences/taking advantage of the opportunities after the fact if the curator of the museum's machinations go as planned. With proper digging and exploration the party will find that Everend isn't the prosperous nation it's king thinks it is.

Tech level: early middle ages, early black powder. The campaign is medium-low magic. Magic items are still somewhat rare and respected, common merchants and shops won't just have them on display. Magic weapons are revered master-pieces and family heirlooms and as such are naturally prized.

Tech level? For things like firearms is important.
Magic shop, WBL, XP progression?
Templates?

Those are the basics, though I have a little bit of interest I'm still not sure as the plot is still too open ended. This is not to say I don't mind a sandbox, I just don't want to build for urban adventures only to find myself in a desert.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
Tech level? For things like firearms is important.
Magic shop, WBL, XP progression?
Templates?

Those are the basics, though I have a little bit of interest I'm still not sure as the plot is still too open ended. This is not to say I don't mind a sandbox, I just don't want to build for urban adventures only to find myself in a desert.
A balanced build would be best. There'll be lots of dungeon delving and woods exploration but there is also a fair bit to be done in cities as well.

I'd be interested. I got the Pathfinder core for Christmas and it would give me a chance to use it. I normally play Rangers, fighters or Rogues.

cool Ranger it is. I will start work on him later today. I will only use stuff from the core. Human or Elf I have not decided yet. Thanks for letting me join.

Back
Top Bottom