Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder - Souls for Smuggler's Shiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thea quickly moved between the first Dimorphodon and the rest of the group, pointing to the ground as Vallios did moments ago.

<Handle animal; Push: trick type "Down". result: 16 (roll) + 8 (Skill) = Total 24. If this is a success Dimorphodon(s) should cease their attack actions and maintain ground within 30 feet for further interaction.>

<DM asked me to note that Thea's check succeeded. Here's what dimorphodons look like, by the way.>

The creature flapped to the ground and squawked in confusion. Whatever motivated its attack appeared to be overpowered by the half-elves' affinity for wildlife. Hafaga hesitated until he was certain the beasts wouldn't attack. Then he lowered Fritjof and stepped forward. "Well, that was easy—GAH!" A root caught his angle and he hurtled forward.

<Attack roll: natural 20
Damage roll: 8 + 4 x 3 = 36>

<All true, except in Pathfinder, dimorphodons have feathers, too.>

Hafaga flew forward after tripping on the rock, Fritjof's weight carrying him towards the calmed dinosaur. He landed sort of on top of the family warhammer, his weight adding to the strength of the ancient weapon. The dinosaur had little time to make noise before its skull caved into itself, blood and brain matter splatting out along the dirt and grass.

The first bird stayed calm on the other side of Vallios, unaware of the unfortunate fate of its friend.

<Each party member gains 80 XP!>

"Nobody means you any harm...Calm."

Vallios was doing his best to soothe the spooked animal and gain his trust. This was a time consuming process and Vallios knew he'd be here awhle. The half-elf maintained eye contact with the dimorphodon throughout the entire process, adjusting his body to be as non-threatening as possible. Vallios heard the other dimorphodon's skull shatter, but the sound didn't register. He was far too preoccupied with the task at hand.

(Taking 20 on handle animal check to improve attitude)

The dimorphodon made an easy cawing sound and inquisitively looked at the group. It didn't appear to be hostile anymore, and began taking cautious, curious steps toward them.

"Oh my God he's adorable!" Sasha yelled from the back, slowly moving towards the front of the group and the beast. "What should I name him, I wonder?"

"Quiet. Scares easily."
Vallios gave sasha a harsh look, worried the woman might spook the creature. Vallios bent to one knee and continued to speak to the creature in a low, soothing voice. The words didn't matter, it was the tone of the vocalization that counted. Then Vallios patted the ground next to his knee, urging the animal to stick close. Hopefully the creature had a flock mentality and would understand how to move with a group.
"Close."

<handle animal result 17 for push trick : Heel>

The creature skittered over to Vallios and stood next to him, looking to him for more direction. Vallios got the impression that the creature would obey him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom