Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Newbie Posting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strmas

Super-Earth
This is a very newbie question but have not been able to find an aswer looking at all the help threads. It is about the logistics of getting a RP started. As I understand things I will post my RP request in the male character request forum. The idea I have in mind will probably fall in the 1 on 1 taboo forum for orginal characters. Once I find a partner willing to explore the RP with me how do we start posting on the taboo forum? (I am assuming we can't just create a thread on it and start posting we will need some kind of permission correct?)

thanks
Strmas

If you're wondering whether you need an admin's permission or not to open a new thread for RPing, that's not the case (at least, not in my experience). Usually the protocol is once you and your partner agree upon an RP (settings, characters, plot, etc), you select the appropriate forum you want to write in, create a new thread and start writing away.

If you're wondering whether the RP you're hoping to create will fit into a certain forum, this is usually where asking an admin would be best. Or if you're setting up a group RP, but I'm not too sure on that.

For your situation, it sounds like your story would best fit into Taboo Original Roleplays. But that's just me.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Razgriz said:
If you're wondering whether you need an admin's permission or not to open a new thread for RPing, that's not the case (at least, not in my experience). Usually the protocol is once you and your partner agree upon an RP (settings, characters, plot, etc), you select the appropriate forum you want to write in, create a new thread and start writing away.

If you're wondering whether the RP you're hoping to create will fit into a certain forum, this is usually where asking an admin would be best. Or if you're setting up a group RP, but I'm not too sure on that.

For your situation, it sounds like your story would best fit into Taboo Original Roleplays. But that's just me.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Thankyou Razgriz. That seems much simpler than i was making it in my mind! ;)

If you have an established RP with a partner and have decided where it fits, you do not need permission to start posting. Just set up a thread with the title [if you have one] and who you are gaming with if it's 1x1.

It is indeed that simple. Though if you do ever have any questions about anything, never hesitate to throw the question out in this particular subforum or to send out a PM inquiring about the issue/topic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom