Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for Character-Driven Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barghest

Moon
What I'm looking for: I'm looking for long-term, character-driven RPs where plot takes somewhat of precedence over smut. Don't get me wrong, smut is great, but to me it's sexier when there' some context, when the characters have a reason to want each other. I prefer to play over PMs, but I can be talked into playing over email.

I'm a big fan of fantasy or historical settings. When I play fantasy, usually I prefer a "low magic" setting where the focus is more about the characters. I have a particular love for dark fantasy, especially with elements of horror.

I usually play male characters, and I only play opposite female characters. I can be talked into doing F/F scenarios. Usually I'll play a dominant character, but I'd prefer to play opposite a character that had some bite to her rather than some meek and willing slave. Dominance and submission in the bedroom is hot, but I'm not a big fan of the 24/7 lifestyle or purely master/slave relationships. I've also found that pregnancy is a turn-off for me. I've tried it in the past, but I've come to realize it's just not my thing. You can see my ons and offs here: http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Barghest

Post length: Normally I'll post 2-4 paragraphs, but can do more or less depending on how the story is flowing.

Posting frequency: Work has a nasty habit of throwing me for a loop, but I try to post once a day or so. Feel free to flick the back of my ear and get my attention if I'm being slow.

PLOT HOOKS

These are some ideas for characters and plots in this setting. I want to keep the plots fairly general because I'd rather work on plots together to suit both our interests. These hooks are more meant to show the characters I like to play. Of course if you've got your own plot idea, hit me up and we can work out the details.

Medieval Zombie Apocalypse

I'm a huge fan of zombies, but it seems like zombie apocalypses are always set in our world and our time. Why not mix it up a little—what would a zombie apocalypse look like in the Middle Ages or on a fantasy world? How would a paladin react to seeing all of her friends turned to ghouls? Would a necromancer try to control the horde? We could play two survivors trying to run from the zombies, people trying to fight back the invasion, or even bend it to their own ends. Lots of possibilities here.

The Captive Elf

Your character could be an elf who's fallen in with a group of bandits or outlaws. My character, a human mercenary in service to a warlord, attacks the bandit's camp, and takes the elf prisoner. At first, he considers her a prize to be claimed. But he soon realizes that she is more than just a lovely creature, and the relationship grows more complex as they grow closer. At the same time, tensions between the human and elven kingdoms threaten to erupt into war. And the soldier and his captive realize they have to rely on each other to navigate the deadly machinations that surround them.

A Lost Sister

A brother and sister were very close growing up, but they were separated by sudden tragedy. Each grew up thinking the other had died, and their live took them in very different paths. E.g., they could be soldiers on opposite sides of a war, a city guard and a thief, a priest and a witch, etc. Their different lives eventually bring them back together in a confrontation—and their reunion leads to sudden and forbidden desire.

If any of these sound good to you, of if you have any ideas you'd like to share, feel free to contact me by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom