Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Drabbles

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
Drabbles are 100 word 'scenes' or short stories. :) I love writing these things x3 So I shall put up my favorites :D

63. Do Not Disturb

"FINALLY!" she said with a sigh of relief.

A blissful week with no work, no priorities, no early morning shifts, nothing. The motel was one of those five-star hotels, with a pool and within walking distance of the nearby beach.

First thing was first.

The Sign must go up, and then a long, and much needed, catnap.

Hooking the Sign onto the door latch, she shut the door with a sigh of relief. Kicking off her sneakers she was about to fall into the large queen sized bed when she heard it.

Knock, knock.

'People can’t read anymore, can they?'

----------------------------------

42. Standing Still

The wind gusted around him. The silence was daunting in this weather. One would think such a storm would bring thunder and lightning.

Strange storm it was, with the winds clawing at his jacket when finally something wet his cheek.

Rain.

Glorious rain! Ah! How he missed it!

He raised his face towards the torrent, letting it soak into his shirt and jacket. He could stand there for hours on end, knowing nothing but the relief of London rain across his face. He could see the clouds dancing in his mind's eye when it stopped.

The darkness returned once more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Doom

There was something in the air as the moonlight streaks filtered throughout the empty space. The sound of heartbeats echoed in their heads as they ran. Ran through the nothingness that lasted through eternity.

Then suddenly everything stopped.

Jacob looked back only to see he was not clutching the soft smooth hand of his lover.

Cold skeletal fingers had moved to encircle around his wrist as the mist filtered around him. All he saw the metallic glowing scythe in hand, before it came down. No sound was heard as he fell to the floor.

None can escape the Reaper.

-------------------------------------------------

2. Mother Nature

It is an ancient ritual for the maiden to become a mother, and from a mother to a crone and back. Even in these dark woods, ivory snow still dotting along the remains of autumn's leaves She holds no equal. She is known by many names, in praise or in cursing. Wearing the remains of the harvest gown, Her hair framing Her face as She sleeps, waiting for the sun kiss of spring. Birds flocking to Her opened palm, in hopes of waking the sleeping maiden, for Her gown to change from the wheat gold to budding leaves of verdant.

----------------------------------------------

3. Grandfather

e had a worn face, once vibrant at one time or another, his hands weak and moved slowly as weight had stripped away the speed over time. His voice, however, vibrated throughout the entire downstairs of my home. Though not always timely, he was always a welcome guest when dinner rolled around.

Then, one day, his voice ceased chiming. The weight had finally silenced his afternoon call. The Grandfather, silent for what seemed like eternity, until my own grandfather eased the weighted arms of Grandfather.

"It’s never too late to change the time," he said as Grandfather chimed once again.

----------------------------------------------------------

<3 Aishiteru

Looking up from a book she had been reading a young woman tipped her glasses down to give a look to the male sprawled in her big blue chair.

Sprawled was an understatement, it was his throne for the moment. It was his blue eyes, though, that had caused her to look up.

"What, fishy?"

He whistled innocently, before giving a mischievous grin. Quirking an eyebrow she put down the book, crossing her arms just as he snaked his arms around her. With a quiet 'mew' she looked up at him as he leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Aishiteru."

Back
Top Bottom