Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintan

Supernova
Why cant I delete a thread I created, it says Im not You do not have permission to access this page.

Im not suspended or anything obviously so wtf?

Could you delete a thread for me then?

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=37215 <--this one

zero5906 said:
Woot! Spanks you x3

Can you delete my old roleplay request thread? I wanted to start fresh and made a new one but didn't realize I wouldn't be able to delete the old one.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=38842

We used to allow that, but took it away for good reason. People were deleting RP threads without getting consent from their RP partners. I'd rather go through the work than deal with the aftermath of someone deleting someone's creative writing without permission. It's worth going through the hassle, in my opinion. Plus, it's not that difficult to delete something. :)

darkangel76 said:
We used to allow that, but took it away for good reason. People were deleting RP threads without getting consent from their RP partners. I'd rather go through the work than deal with the aftermath of someone deleting someone's creative writing without permission. It's worth going through the hassle, in my opinion. Plus, it's not that difficult to delete something. :)

Oh that is a good reason now that you bring it up. Would it be possible to make an exception for Request threads?

Although I could see that being abused as a way to keep a thread bumped.

While we are here, My other request thread is in the wrong place and probably redundant anyways, please remove it.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=38876

A Kunoichi said:
Would it be possible to make an exception for Request threads?
Although I could see that being abused as a way to keep a thread bumped.

Not sure if it'd be better to start a new thread regarding the matter, but since it got glossed over, I thought I'd bump the issue up again.

I can see why giving the option to delete threads would be problematic in the roleplaying sections of the forum. But seeing as how there's a limit to the number of request threads one can have, I'm wondering if it'd be possible to just allow permissions in the Request thread sections?

Not sure how the ACP is set up here, but it can't be too hard to do right?
I guess I'm just pedantic, but I hate having obsolete (inactive) request threads about, but getting it deleted and causing hassle for someone else feels uncomfortable.

We're here to help run the site and deleting threads/closing them comes with the territory of mod/admin.

It's something that can't be designated to one section as the coding for it would probably be hell/be a huge hassle. And plus, who's the say that someone wouldn't delete someone else's thread out of spite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom