Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vikki's House

TheWarlock

Star
2ql5t9y.jpg

Vikki's House

2w5kh7c.jpg

Name: Victoria Stern
Nickname: Vikki
Attire: Pink blouse (slightly open), brown mini skirt, leather boots
Tagging: Anyone; Georgia (mom), Wallace (dad)
Day/Time: Friday May 10, 2013; Later afternoon/early evening

30cu34y.jpg

Name: Georgia Stern
Short Description: Vikki's mother. She is superficial, materialistic, and very selfish. She loves getting doted upon by her husband. Shows her 'love' by buying things.
Creator Controlled/Open: Creator Controlled
Tagging: Anyone; Wallace, Vikki

t5lksy.jpg

Name: Wallace Stern
Short Description: Vikki's father. He isn't too involved in Vikki's life because he's not sure how to handle having a daughter (he leaves it to his wife).
Creator Controlled/Open: Creator Controlled
Tagging: Anyone; Georgia, Vikki

Vikki slowly walked up the stairs, hoping she'd make it to her room unnoticed. She'd seen both cars in the driveway, so she knew both of her parents were home by that point. Though she knew neither would be upset with her for the time she was getting home, she had no desire to talk to either of them. And that desire was becoming less and less with each passing year and even more so since she'd both broken up with John and quit cheerleading. Cheerleading was something her parents, her mother especially, had been grooming her for since a young age. And not once did she ever ask her if it was something she enjoyed, if it made her happy. She just pushed her, made her go to classes, take gymnastics, compete in events, join... join... join. And now things were a total mess and she was more than unhappy.

"What... is that?" came a voice. Vikki turned to see her mother, Georgia Stern, looking at her. The woman was staring down at her wrist, reaching out for her. She took a hold of her daughter's arm a bit harder than normal, a frown on her face. Pointing at the wristband, she looked at Vikki with a quizzical and disgusted expression. "What is this?"

"It's a wristband, mother," Vikki stated plainly.

"I can see that. Perhaps I should reword my question," Georgia stated. "What is something like that doing on your wrist?"

"What's wrong with it?" Vikki asked, her own lips turning downward into a frown.

"Vikki, darling. I'm not sure where you got such a thing and I'm trying to find out. Can't a mother ask such things and show some concern for her daughter?" Georgia's eyes watered just a little, but it was clear that the woman's concern wasn't over concern for her daughter, but concern for her daughter's image. One thing Vikki was, was perceptive.

"Concern?" Vikki asked. She was getting annoyed. "There's no need, mother." She found it rather funny that her mother was getting concerned over a simple wristband of all things. Why would something like that catch her notice when so many other things never did. Ever.

"Someone had to have given that to you, honey. I can't imagine you'd purchase such an item on your own," Georgia then said.

"Purchase what?" came another voice. Vikki saw her father, Wallace Stern, coming up the stairs. Great, a family reunion on the stairs. Just what she needed.

Georgia turned toward Wallace. "Well, apparently our daughter has taken to such oddities, Wallace," she said holding up Vikki's arm for the man to see.

Wallace just tilted his head and frowned. "Did John give you that?" he asked. Georgia scowled.

"No, daddy. I broke up with John. Remember?" Vikki said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Oh. Oh yes. That's right. The football player. I can't keep all your boyfriends straight, sweetie," Wallace said.

Vikki quirked a brow. "All my boyfriends?" She was dumbfounded. She'd only ever had one and that was John and he'd been a waste of a year as far as she was concerned. A huge mistake to say the least.

"Honey," Georgia said, looking over at Wallace. "Just look at this thing though. People are going to start talking. She'll never be able to get back on the squad if she starts wearing such things."

Vikki felt her eyes pricking with tears.

Georgia looked back over at Vikki and smiled at her. "Sweetheart, why don't you give this back to whoever gave it to you. I'm sure they'll understand."

Vikki felt a lump rise in her chest and then her throat. "N-no," she said. "Just leave me alone! Both of you!" At that, she wrenched her arm free from her mother's grasp and ran up to her room, locking the door behind her. Once inside, she could hear footsteps climbing the stairs and knew her parents were following her, but she had no desire to speak to them. The conversation was finished.

There was a light tap on Vikki's bedroom door. "Honey, maybe we can go to the mall tomorrow," Georgia said softly. "Buy you a nicer wristband. Something pretty instead of that ugly thing. Then you can throw that one out and wear the pretty one. All right?"

Vikki just sat there for several moments, the tears streaming down her face. Slowly, she opened up her bag and took out the drawings Trevor had given her. She walked over to one of the frames on her dresser. She removed the picture in it that was of her in her cheerleading uniform and threw it away. She placed the small sketch inside. She then went to her wall and took down another picture and removed the picture of herself and the squad after winning a trophy for a competition. She replaced the picture with the sketch of the birds and hung it back up on the wall. Looking at the squad picture, she grabbed a pair of scissors from her desk and cut the picture into quarters and threw it away. She then sat down at her desk, took a deep breath and...

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang...

2w5kh7c.jpg

Name: Victoria Stern
Nickname: Vikki
Attire: Pink blouse (slightly open), brown mini skirt, leather boots
Tagging: Anyone

Vikki sat at her desk for how long...? She wasn't sure. All she knew was that with each strike made against the desk's edge, the suffocating pain she felt inside seemed to ebb away just a little and slowly she found it easier to breathe, to think, to... 'be'. Her eyes were sore as the tears continue to silently fall from them, streaking her alabaster cheeks in tiny, salty rivulets. Sniffling, her gasps began to even out and eventually she was able to find a sort of rhythm.

Bang... bang... bang...

Vikki glanced up at her wall at the drawing of the birds that Trevor had given her. Just looking at it made her smile and she suddenly paused mid-strike. She looked down at her wrists, her eyes focusing on the wristband he'd given her. She smiled as she looked at it, trying to forget the words her mother had uttered earlier on the stairs and in the hall. The woman could go to hell for all she cared. She then looked at her one exposed wrist. A bloom of color was starting to seep and consume her pale flesh, marking it with what she'd just done.

"Damn it..." Vikki mumbled to herself as she stared at the bruises, her fingers tracing them. The pain was already fairly intense and then there was the swelling. "What have I done..." Fresh tears began to fall all over again.

Just then, Vikki heard her cell phone ring. Immediately, she looked over at it, her breath catching. Biting down on her lip she reached for it, holding it for a moment before finally answering...

(Will continue Vikki's phone conversation with Trevor in Mario's Pizza thread)

Back
Top Bottom