Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Struggle Within Script leading up to start of RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarlock

Star
The Struggle Within
Below will be the first 4 parts of the story basically the introductions of the characters as they were originally written. this all takes place right before the start of the RP will be set at . Figuring the first scene of the RP will take place in the Pizza place right after the events of what was written so far. Anyone involved who feels certain lines that are already written in the first 4 parts REALLY need to be changed to fit the way they are playing the character message me and we can discuss it more. ALSO this was written in SCRIPT FORMAT the RP will not be written in Script format but rather in normal RP style. So you don't have to worry about writing things such as when a scene ends or a camera cuts or anything like that. I just left it in here to give you a feel for what the original writing had started out as.

Introduction
(opening credits)
Camera fades in sweeping scenes through a number of different locations like a football field, empty streets, nice looking houses , small side roads and other area’s that have a look that we are going for (along the lines of Lincoln RI) As the credits wind down we come to a smaller apartment.

Chapter 1
Introduction to the outcasts

(Scene 1)
Scene opens with Trevor Thompson getting ready for school. His mother is sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. He goes to the fridge with his backpack in hand while grabbing a can of soda out of the fridge he checks to make sure his mother is not looking and grabs a beer and puts it into his backpack. He closes the backpack and opens the can of soda while slipping his backpack on heading toward the door.

Trevor “By mom I’m heading to school I’ll see you…..”

Trevor’s Mom “ Shhhssssss, Can’t you see I’m watching TV. Do me a favor, after school find something to do. Other then coming home, I have company coming over and I don’t want you in the way.”

Trevor “Yeah whatever” He turns around with a disgusted look on his face and slams the door as he leaves.
Trevor’s mom shouts towards the door “You ungrateful brat I can’t wait till you get a job and move the hell out of my house” she goes back to smoking and watching her TV.
Camera cuts to Trevor walking to school outside camera then fades out.

(Scene 2)
Camera fades back in at the Lemay house

Cole and his son are sitting at the table eating breakfast the camera glides past the table where they are and goes through the house we come to the door of Patty, She can slightly be heard talking to someone on the other side of the door. Camera switches to inside the room. It’s a simple room nothing fancy just the typical stuff a teenage girl may have in her room. She is sitting on her bed talking on her phone.

Patty “I can’t believe I was forced to take his last name. It wasn’t enough forcing me into this family my mother has to let him get his way and have my name legally changed to have is last name. I wish my dad was still alive. My mom never thinks for herself, she does whatever he wants her to do I cant stand it”

From outside the room you hear Cole yelling “Patty get down here it’s time to leave. You better not be on that damn phone again”

Patty “OK I have to go, I’ll call you after school. I miss hanging out with you. I really hate this stupid town. I wish he didn’t make us move here, away from everyone I knew.”

Cole “PATTY GET DOWN HERE NOW LETS GO!!!”

Patty yells back “I’m coming” and then turns back to her phone “I’ll call you after school bye.”
She hangs up and grabs her backpack and heads out of her room. When she walks out of the house her step brother is walking behind her looking down at her butt as she walks in front of him. She looks behind her and seems to notice what is going on and she looks uncomfortable.

Her stepbrother looks at her “Hey Patty want a ride to school I can bring you so you don’t have to walk.”

Patty “ no…That’s fine I’ll walk”

Brandon “what is wrong you don’t like my car or the way I drive or something?”

Patty “no it’s not that…it’s just that its nice out and I enjoy the walk.” she says with a rushed response as you can tell she still feels uncomfortable around her step brother.

Brandon “hmm I never knew you liked to walk. I couldn’t tell. Maybe your right maybe you should walk more often it might help you lose some of that fat,”

Patty pretends not to hear him as she turns away and starts walking down the street. Camera fades off watching patty walking down the street.

(Scene 3)

Camera fades in on Peter and Jennifer walking down the street.

Jennifer “So what do you think”

Peter “About what Jen”

Jennifer “about the boy I was telling you about earlier. What should I do. I really like him but I am afraid to tell him” “what would you do if you really liked someone”

Peter “Umm . I don’t know Jen you’re asking the wrong person I have never really been that good in that department”

Jen” come on I am sure that is not true I’m sure plenty of girls must like you”

Peter “Jen just be careful. I don’t want to see my little sis get hurt. Remember people can be cruel and not all guys are nice”

Jennifer “No peter, I know. But he is so different then that he is such a nice boy. I’m going to the skate part after school today to hang out with him. I just hope I can come up with the guts to tell him how much I like him.”

They are arriving at the school now.

Peter: “Well sis good luck. I’ll see you at home tonight.”

Jennifer: “Ok I will tell you how everything turns out when I get home. I love you Pete hope you have a good day today”

Peter: “You to Jen”

They start to walk in separate directions Peter is walking by 2 of the other students that are standing there talking to each other they look up and lightly start to laugh. Peter keeps walking past them.

John: “Awwww how sweet walking your little sister to school”

Andrew: “Yeah Peter what a cute sis you got. At least that’s one girl who will talk to you. Maybe you should move down south where incest is no big deal and you can date your little sister.”

They both start laughing. Peter pretends not to hear them as he keeps walking. They turn to each other and go back to talking. Missy walks up to John

Missy: “Hi John. I heard what happened I am so sorry. I can’t believe she would do that to you.”

John: “Hey Missy it’s ok.”

Missy: “I mean spreading those mean lies about you. I know you would never hit a girl. We all know she is just doing this because you broke up with her right”

John: “Yeah of course that’s what it is. So I heard she quit the cheer leading squad is that true”

Missy: “She was never cut out to be one of us anyway. Say Johnny you wanna go out to the movies tonight?”

John: “Can’t I have practice maybe some other time”

Missy: “Okay Johnny just remember if you need anyone to talk to I am always here for you.”

Missy walks off

Andrew: “She so wants you bro.”

John: “Yeah I know but you know I want Vikki back”

Andrew: “You could have the head cheerleader and you are still all hooked up on this used to be. Come on man get over her. Besides hooking up with Missy might make Vikki jealous and give you a shot at getting her back and if not well hell you’ll still be with the head cheerleader so where can you go wrong. I’m telling you now if you don’t go for Missy I’m going to go for it.”

John: “I don’t know maybe you’re right. I’ll call Missy tonight after practice”

Camera Fades out end of scene

The Struggle Within
Chapter 2
After School
(Scene 1)
Scene fades in behind the school with Peter walking from the school. He walks past Patty who is on her cell phone talking.

Random Punk: “Hey nerd boy” Peter turns to look “Yeah you. Come here for a minute”

Peter reluctantly walks over to him and responds in a nervous voice “Yes”

Random Punk: “Do you have a cig?”

Peter: “No I don’t smoke”

Random Punk: “Figures how bout a few bucks to let me borrow. I promise I’ll pay you back”

Peter: “ No, I’m sorry I don’t have any money on me”

Random Punk: “Come on kid. Don’t lie to me. I told you I’d pay you back. Just front me a few bucks I know you have it”

Peter: “Really I don’t have any money. I really have to get going”

Peter goes to turn away from him and gets a punch in the back and falls to the ground as the punk starts to kick him.

Random Punk: “Empty your pockets nerd boy”

Patty comes running over to try and help Peter.

Patty: “Come on leave him alone”

Random Punk: “Mind your own business unless you want a piece of this”

Vikki comes into the scene she looks scared and stands back against the wall trying to stay out of the punks vision as she doesn’t want anything to do with the situation.

Trevor is walking by and sees what is going on. He looks concerned like he wants to help but instead turns and starts to walk past. At that moment another voice comes from the distance.
It’s Jessie

He yells out to the punk “Enough already..Let him go.”

Random Punk: “What no one knows how to mind their own business anymore? Unless you plan on coming over here and stopping me then I would keep your nose out of this”

The punk kicks Peter again. Patty goes to try to pull him away from Peter and he shoves her to the grass.
Jessie now looking very aggravated starts to walk towards the punk.
The punk reaches into his pocket. At this moment Cassie comes around the corner and sees the punk pulling a knife out of his pocket.

She yells: “No he has a blade on him”

Jessie continues to walk straight toward the punk ignoring the warning.

Random Punk: “Back up man don’t try and get involved with this or I’ll cut you do you hear me?”

Jessie keeps walking forward. Peter is laying on the ground at the punks feet looking very scared with blood dripping down from his nose from the hits he took.
Trevor turns to look at what is going on. Now growing concerned he starts to come a little closer but not too close.

Trevor: “Hey man it’s not worth it he has a blade don’t try to fight him”

Jessie continues to ignore all the warnings now right in front of the punk. He swings once with the blade but Jessie steps back and out of the blades path. He then comes back forward as the punk swings the blade again Jesse grabs his arm pushing it away and then kicks toward the punks chest. The punk manages to bring his arm back in and slightly cut Jessie’s leg just before getting kicked in the chest. The kick sends him falling backward to the ground toppling over Peter who quickly slides backwards on the ground to be further away from the action. Jessie doesn’t even pause for a moment to think about the cut to his leg as he quickly reaches down and pulls the blade from the punks hand and then continues to punch him in the face.
He drags the punk back to his feet by his shirt and shoves him backwards.

Jessie: “Get the hell out of here and don’t ever pull any bullshit like that ever again. Next time I might not let you walk away.”

The punk takes off and Jessie turns to Peter.

“You ok kid?” He reaches down to help him up.

Peter takes his hand as he replies.
“Yeah. Yeah I think so. Thanks. Who are you?”

Jessie: “You’re welcome. Just try and keep yourself out of trouble from now on ok.”

Jesse laughs as he turns and starts to walk away

Peter: “Wait hold on man who are you”

As Jessie walks past Trevor.

Trevor looks to Jessie and says: “Man you got some balls where did you learn to fight like that”

Jesse looks at Trevor with a slightly annoyed look on his face: “It’s not that I have balls. In fact it has nothing to do with balls. I saw that girl try to defend him while you just turned your back on him or are you saying she has bigger balls then you?”

Trevor: “Come on man it’s not like that. I mean it wasn’t my fight what could I do. It’s not like I know how to fight like you did.”

Jesse: “It’s not about being strong or able to fight all you would have had to do is stand up against him. All of you together. One person may not be able to stop him on their own. I was just lucky that I was faster then him that’s all. But had you stood up to him with that girl over there who was already trying and if this kid would have tried harder to stick up for himself, and this girl over here who walked in at the end of it. Do you really think he would’ve tried to fight you all? Fighting isn’t the way to always solve the problem. Think about it voices sometimes can do far more then any fight ever could have and so what if you’re too scared. You always have more then just one option. You could have ran to find help couldn’t you have?”

Trevor: “But I don’t even know this kid. Why should I risk getting stabbed for someone I don’t know”

Jessie: “I don’t know him nor do I know you or anyone else here as a matter of fact but I would have done that for any of you.”

Cassie: “But why”

Jessie: “Because think, Wouldn’t you want someone to help you if you really needed it? Sometimes there is more to life then just thinking about yourself”

Patty: “He is right. I would hope someone would help me if I was in trouble and they could help. Really I wish people were there when I needed them”

Cassie: “I don’t know about all of that but still I respect you for what you did.”

Jessie: “Well don’t I’m no one special and I don’t want to be anything special or respected.”

Peter: “To late for that. I owe you man. I mean if it wasn’t for you showing up I mean what if he used that knife on me? I could’ve been killed”

Jessie: “Don’t do that. You don’t owe me. You want to repay me for that. Really do you? Then remember” Jessie looks at them all, “Remember that when someone else needs your help what it might be like if you don’t help them and what it would be like if it was you in that situation.”

Vikki: “You still haven’t told us who you are. I haven’t seen you around here before.”

Jessie: “I don’t go to school here.”

Patty: “Well where do you go to school?”

Jessie: “I don’t. Look I don’t want to be rude but I don’t really want to talk about me but look at you all. How many of you have hung out prior to this moment?”

Vikki: “What do you mean? We’re not hanging out”

Jessie: “You’re right standing around having a conversation with other people is not hanging out how silly of me to think that it is.”

Jessie turns and starts to walk away again there all now looking at him.

Patty: “Never”

Jessie stops and looks around. “And when will you all hang around talking to each other again after you leave here today?”

Vikki: “We don’t know each other”

Patty: “Never”

Jessie turns and starts to walk away again.

Peter: “Wait, Wait a minute. Why not. Why don’t we hang out?”

Vikki: “You’re joking right? I don’t know any of you people”

Cassie: “What she means is she wouldn’t be caught dead around people like us.”

Vikki: “What is that supposed to mean?”

Cassie: “Come on you’re a cheerleader. Your little miss popular. Hanging out with what, a nerd, and a band of misfits like the rest of us. Seriously I have to agree though. We don’t all exactly have much in common and why would we hang out together?”

Trevor: “Actually Cassie that’s ex cheerleader didn’t you hear Vikki left the cheerleading squad due to some issues”

Vikki: “That’s really no ones business and I don’t want to talk about it”

Jessie turns around slowly “Listen to yourselves. It’s a waist of time I guess to even have imagined that you may have the slightest bit of interest in what hanging out together may actually accomplish”

Trevor: “Yeah I see tons of possibilities in hanging out with this crazy crew. Come on we have nothing in common. A cheerleader, a nerd, and a mix of other unpopular sub groups all mixed together I see that working out just great.”

Jessie: “Nothing in common? Really. I don’t know any of you but you just pointed out that you are all unpopular sub groups and on top of that you are all here now in this same place doing the same thing thinking the same thing about how crazy I sound. It seems to me that you all have much more in common then you think”

Peter: “I’ll do it”

Cassie: “Of course you will. You’re the nerd. No offense but I have seen you around it’s not like you have many other friends”

Trevor: “Look I’ll hang out today if you want, Nerd or not I owe you for me being a jerk and not helping you out it’s the least I can do. Besides I can’t go home right away anyhow”

Jessie: “How about the rest of you?”

Vikki: “I really don’t know. I am sorry it’s just all to weird I don’t know any of you people”

Cassie: “Yeah as if miss perfect cheerleader would say yes”

Vikki: “I don’t think I am perfect. Would you please stop talking about me like that”

Peter: “What about it will the rest of you give this a chance? I say we see what he has on his mind. I owe him for saving me I should at least hear what thought he had on his mind”

Patty: “Yeah I’ll come. I don’t really want to go home yet anyway”

Cassie: “I’ll tell you what. I’ll come out for this one time to give this crazy idea a try if she says yes” She says looking at Vikki, “Like that would ever happen” she says as she starts to laugh.

Vikki: “Fine. I’ll come but I can’t be home too late I have a lot of homework”

Cassie: “Wait What? Are you serious? Ok, ok I’ll do it but I swear if miss perfect starts annoying me or if any of you dudes start hitting on me I’m going to split got it”

Peter: “Ok so what’s next?”

Jessie: “Come on let’s get out of here”

Vikki: “So like, are you going to tell us your name now? Ya know seeing we are trusting to go hang out with you, someone we completely don’t even know”

Jessie: “Yeah, of course. My name is Jessie”

Peter: “My name is Peter”

Trevor: “I’m Trevor”

Vikki: “My name is Victoria but like everyone calls me Vikki”

Cassie: “Like oh my god yeah it’s like Vikki yeah of course. (Laughing) yeah and I’m Cassie”

Jessie: “How about you?” looking at Patty

Patty: “Sorry. My name is Patty”

Peter: “Cassie can’t you at least try to be nice to Vikki and give her a chance? So where are we going and what are we doing?”

Cassie: “Ok I guess you’re right I am being a little rude I am very sorry Vikki I will give you a chance before I start to judge you. I have just had a really bad day I guess I was taking it out on you a bit. I’m sorry”

Vikki: “It’s ok believe it or not my day has not been so great either, I understand why you’re being mean to me. You assume I’m like all the other cheerleaders but I’m really not. I don’t know why I’m telling you this trying to defend myself or anything but I guess I just wanted you to know”

Patty: “Oh my god, look at your leg. I didn’t even notice that he actually cut you”

Vikki: “Oh my god yeah she’s right look at his leg. Are you ok Jessie?”

Jessie: “It’s fine. He hardly even made contact it’s a small cut.”

Patty: “Come on first thing we are going to do is go get that cut cleaned up”

They start walking off together camera fades out end of scene

Scene fades in outside of a store. Jessie is sitting on the ground his leg still bleeding. Patty comes out of the store with a bag with afew things in it.

Patty: “Here I got band aids and some water to clean the cut out with I didn’t know what else I should get I hope this is good”

Jessie: “Hey I told you all I really don’t need anything but seeing as you spent money on it I’ll use it.”

Jessie goes about cutting the leg of his pants off and cleaning up the cut as well as putting a band aid on it.

Peter: “I still can’t believe what happened. Like my nerves were so high out there when he pulled out the knife and you were like BOOM I have never seen anything like it it was amazing”

Jessie: “It’s Pete right? Your name? Look man do me a favor cool it with the amazing stuff it wasn’t really”

Peter: “Well it’s Peter actually and see that’s my point you’re brushing it off like it was nothing while you have a cut up your leg from it that’s why it was amazing you’re amazing”

Jessie: “Peter really ease up”

Trevor: “Yeah Pete, you’re sounding like you have a gay crush on him..”

Peter: “It’s Peter not Pete actually ya know what forget it Pete is fine it doesn’t sound that bad actually”

Vikki: “So like what are we going to do now that we are hanging out today, what’s the plan guys?”

Jessie: “Lets go to the area by the beach and get to know each other”

Fade out

Struggle Within
Chapter 3
Problems at Home
(Scene 1)
Scene fades in Vikki walking home. John Gilroy pulls up in a car next to Vikki she glances over and sees him. She looks back forward and keeps walking. John rolls down his window.

John: “Vikki come here for a minute”

Vikki keeps walking John gets out of the car and walks up on the sidewalk.

John: “Can’t you just wait a second and just talk to me?” He starts to follow her as she keeps walking. “Vikki please just talk to me”

Vikki stops and John comes up next to her he goes to put his hand on her shoulder and she pulls away.

John: “Look I am sorry about what happened can’t you forgive me I promised I have changed I won’t ever do it again. Please just give me another chance”

Vikki turns her head to look at him

Vikki: “You said that last time would be the last time. Why should I believe it now? I can’t keep doing this John.”

John: “I don’t want to be without you.” Vikki starts to turn her head away from him “Please Vikki just on more chance. You know how many other girls I could be with but I don’t want any of them I want you”

Vikki: “Really?”

John: “Yes”

Vikki: “Well Johnny, baby, how about you just go and be with one of the other girls that you can have I am done doing this”

She starts to walk away from him and he grabs her arm and pulls her to turn back towards him. With a tight grip on her shoulder.

John: “Don’t you just walk away from me and end it like this”

She looks down at his hand still holding her shoulder. She slowly raises her hand up to grab his hand. She holds onto his hand and looks into his eyes.

Vikki: “Look you haven’t changed at all your proving it right now. Good Bye John” she pulls his hand off of her shoulder and starts to walk away.

John: “Vikki.. Don’t.” he pauses for a second “Ya know what forget it. Forget you. Your just a Bitch. I don’t need you anyway. And stop telling people I hit you no one believes you anyway. Your finished no one likes you anymore . I could have changed that I could have made you popular again but forget it be a loser but don’t come looking to me when you realize the mistake you made.”

He turns and walks back to his car pulling out his cell phone he dials a number
“Hey Missy , Did you still want to go hang out?”
Fade out end of scene.

(SCENE 2)

Scene fades in on the Lemay House.
Patty walks into the house , her stepfather, Mother and brother are all sitting at the table eating dinner.

Cole looks up at her.
Cole “ Your late for dinner. Where have you been?”

Patty “I’m sorry I was out with some friends and I didn’t realize it had got so late”

Brandon looks up at her “You have friends?”

Cole “ Well I guess if you can’t get home on time for dinner then you must not be hungry.”

Patty’s mom looks concerned at Cole “Cole I’m sure she won’t be late again, surely she didn’t mean to be late.”

Cole “ Jane there are rules in this house for a reason. She knows full well the dinner time and that we are all to be here as a family for dinner. She has to be punished for not being on time. Now Patty go wash up and go to your room , do any homework you have and then go to bed. Tomorrow maybe you’ll have learned your lesson and you will remember to be home on time for dinner.”

Patty looks at her mother as if looking for her to defend her but her mother just looks down at her food. Patty then looks annoyed at her step dad and turns away and starts to walk off.

Cole “Patty don’t look at me like that. This is your own fault from now on try and follow the rules and I wont have to punish you like this.”

She continues to walk out of the room and heads to her bed room.
Scene fades out.

(SCENE 3)

Scene fades in Trevor walking into his apartment.
His mother is sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. There is some other guy there on the couch with her sitting there with his shirt off.

Trevor’s mom “Oh your home already. I thought I told you not to come home to early.”

Trevor “Mom it’s 9:00 already”

The guy “Hey my beer is empty can ya get me another one?”

Trevor’s Mom “Whatever . Fine make your self useful go get him a beer out of the fridge would ya and get me one as well I am almost out.”

Trevor “Fine whatever” Trevor goes over to the fridge and grabs them both a beer and walks it over to them and then starts heading towards his bedroom.

Trevor’s Mom “Hey Trevor do you have any money I want a pizza”

Trevor turns and looks at her “No I’m broke”

Trevor’s mom “forget it your useless, Just go in your room and stay in there.”

Trevor “Yeah whatever” He walks into his room and closes the door. He puts his backpack down and goes and turns his radio on. Trevor sits on his bed and starts looking through the CD’s that he has.

Trevor talking to himself “Damn it I’m hungry” he puts the CD’s down and goes to walk out of his room and heads to the kitchen he doesn’t even look at the couch where his mom is now making out with the guy.
While he is looking through the freezer for something to eat his mother looks up and sees him.

Trevor’s mom “Hey if your going to cook something you better make enough for everyone.” She goes back to making out with the guy. Trevor shakes his head in disgust.

Trevor “well what the hell do you want me to make for dinner then” He looks out into the parlor where he sees them still making out now the guy has his hand in his mothers shirt. “Oh for Gods sake what the hell are you doing”

Trevor’s mom “what the hell does it look like. I am trying to get laid now make some food for us or go into your room and mind your business”

Trevor “No I mean what are you doing that out here for you have a room I don’t want to see that shit.”

The guy “Hey watch your mouth punk don’t talk to your mother like that.”

Trevor “ Yeah and who the hell are you to tell me anything your not my dad hell I don’t even know who the hell you are and I wouldn’t be surprised if she just met you herself.”

Trevor’s mom “You know what. This is my house and I will do what I want where I want. In fact you are nothing but a pain to me I can’t wait till your gone for good. And you have no say over what I do in my house. If I want to get laid right here on the couch then that’s what I am going to do. So shut the hell up and go in your room and get the hell out of my sight your ruining my mood and there is no way in hell I am going to let you keep me from getting some.” She turns back to the guy and starts kissing him again and reaches down and starts to put her hands on his crotch while he has one hand still playing with her chest as the other hand is going up her skirt.

Trevor “The hell with you. This is some bullshit.”

Trevor walks back into his room and slams the door he turns up his radio really loud while he pours out everything from his backpack and starts putting clothes from his draws into the bad along with a few other things a moment later he walks back out of his room and walks past his mother and the guy who are now half naked and messing around still on the couch.

Trevor without looking at what is going on as he is walking towards the door. “Don’t worry I wont ruin your mood anymore you slut, I’m leaving, Ill be back in a few days to get my shit, and then I’ll be out o your life.” his mother doesn’t even look up as she continues what she is doing with the guy as Trevor slams the door on his way out of the apartment.
Scene ends with Trevor walking down the street.

(Scene 4)
Scene fades in on the Sampson’s house. Peter is on his computer typing up a report for school when his sister knocks on his bedroom door.

Peter “Come in”

Jennifer “Hey Pete whatcha doin?”

Peter “Just finishing up on a report for school. How was your day?”

Jennifer “It was ok I guess. How was your day?”

Peter “You wouldn’t believe it if I told you. I guess it was pretty good. But why was your day just OK? Is something wrong?”

Jennifer “No I’m Fine.”

Peter “ What happened with that boy you went to go hang out with today? Did you tell him what you wanted to?”

Jennifer “Well, I tried I just couldn’t do it. I was going to but then he told me how great it was to have a friend like me how no other girl he knows like to skate like he does. I think he thinks of me like one of the guys how could he ever like me if he just thinks of me as one of the guys. I didn’t want to get let down so I just didn’t bother to even tell him how I felt.”

Peter “I’m sorry I wish I had some advice I could give you.”

Jennifer “It’s ok. I just wanted to hang out with you a little bit if that’s ok. Hanging out with you always makes me feel a bit better anyway. Wanna play video games or something?”

Peter “Yeah sure I’ll finish this report later what do you want to play”

(Fades out on them still talking )

(SCENE 5)

Scene fades in Cassie’s house. The scene starts with Cassie getting home. There are no lights on in the house and no car out front. She unlocks the door and goes inside and turns the light on. She puts her jacket and backpack in her bedroom and then goes to the kitchen and gets a microwave dinner out of the fridge. She opens the package and puts the dinner into the microwave and then walks into her bedroom and turns her radio on. She looks at a picture on the wall of her with her mother smiling from when she was younger. Camera fades out.

(Scene 6)

Scene fades in Jessie hanging out with Nick sitting at a beach.

Jessie: “Maybe next time you should come and hang out with us all. I really think they are going to come back out tomorrow I have good feelings about this all. Something inside me is saying things are going to change and this group is going to have something big to do with it.”

Nick: “I don’t know. Maybe. I just have so much going on right now”

Jessie: “Come on Nick. Some things really been going on with you why can’t you let me know what is on your mind?”

Nick: “It’s nothing, Don’t worry about it. Just have a lot on my mind.”

Jessie: “It’s your dad isn’t it? Has he talked to you yet?”

Nick: “Yeah I guess that’s one of the main problems. No he hasn’t talked to me yet, not since I told him”

Jessie: “Look Nick just give it some time. He just has to get used to it.”

Nick responds now sounding aggravated “Get used to what, I’m still his son. Nothing has changed. What is different now? I am tha same I always was. The only thing that has changed is that now he knows I’m gay.”

Jessie: “That’s a big thing for him to take in all at once. Think about it ha had no idea. It is a bit of a shock for him. I am sure he will come around and understand. Just give him time.”

Nick: “I shouldn’t have to give it time. This world is so screwed up. You can love someone and be close your entire life and then suddenly you find out they’re a faggot and it’s like they are carrying the black plague.”

Jessie: “I’m sorry”

Nick: “Don’t be. It’s not your fault. You’re the only person I ever told that didn’t freak out on me when I told them. This group of people you’re hanging out with, you say it feels like they’re going to make a difference in the world. I don’t know how ANYONE could change this world but if it is possible, if it is then start with making this world more understanding. Life shouldn’t be so messed up.”

Jessie: “Things are going to change. Just give it time you’ll see.”

Camera fades out on them talking

Chapter 4
Opening up
(Scene 1)
Scene fades in the next day at the same place they went to the first time they all hung out.

Trevor is sitting on the wall, he was the first one there. Vikki and Peter walking up at the same time.

Trevor: “Who would have ever picture to see the two of you walking anywhere next to each other at the same time”

Peter laughing: “I have to agree Vikki I never would have pictured hanging out together with you”

Cassie pulls up in her car and gets out.

Cassie: “I can’t believe I am actually back with you all again today. I have to admit though I am even more surprised to see you here again Vikki.”

Vikki: “What’s so surprising about me being here? Didn’t you hear I’m an outcast now too” she says with a little laugh.

Patty is the last one to walk up

Patty: “Hey guys”

They all say hi back to Patty.

Patty: “So we’re all here huh?”

Trevor: “Not exactly”

They all look around to see who is missing.

Patty: “Where is Jessie?”

Peter: “Maybe he is just running late”

Cassie: “Maybe we should just face the fact that he isn’t coming. Wouldn’t be the first person in my life to be a big disappointment. I seem to always find people promising to be there and then they never show up.”

Trevor: “Yeah I know how you feel.”

Peter: “Trevor where were you today. I didn’t see you at school.”

Trevor: “I wasn’t there. To be honest I didn’t think anyone would miss me.”

Peter: “What happened? How come you didn’t come?”

Trevor: “I just didn’t feel like being around anyone I needed some time to myself”

Vikki: “So why did you come here?”

Trevor: “I don’t know.. I guess I was kinda done being alone now and could use a little company but our fearless leader has already left us I guess that’s a sign of things to come.”

Jessie’s voice comes from out of sight behind where they are all standing “Not a lot of faith in people I see”

Peter: “How long have you been here?”

Jessie: “Long enough to know that Trevor has been here a very long time.”

Patty: “What do you mean?”

Jessie: “Well when I got here Trevor was still sleeping”

Trevor: “That was like an hour ago, where have you been all this time since then?”

Patty: “What do you mean sleeping, why were you sleeping here?”

Jessie: “I was just walking around staying out of sight having a little time to myself to think I guess and besides I didn’t want to disturb you.”

Patty: “Trevor what’s going on? Why were you sleeping here and what’s the real reason you were out of school today?”

Trevor: “What’s it matter to you?”

Patty: “Well I just thought that we were all friends and could talk about things isn’t that the whole point to forming our group”

Jessie: “Don’t push him. If he wants to tell us I am sure he will in his own time”

Trevor: “I’m sorry Patty I didn’t mean to snap at you I guess I’m just feeling a little untrusting today”

Patty: “It’s ok”

Peter looking at Trevor: “Is there anything we can do to help with whatever is bothering you?”

Trevor: “Not unless you can work miracles”

Jessie: “There is no reason not to try Trevor. Give us a chance give us a little bit of trust”

Trevor: “Look I don’t want everyone at school and stuff to know about my personal life at home ok”

Jessie: “No worries I don’t go to your school and I’m pretty sure no on else here will say anything what do you all say can we give Trevor our word guys?”

They all agree.

Trevor: “Ok it’s like this. My dad is in jail and my mom isn’t that far off from going there herself. She has become a drunk and has started to care more about getting wasted and laid then she does about me. She had this jerk over last night and picked him over me we got into a little bit of a fight and I left and I’m pretty sure I am not welcome to go back”

Peter: “Couldn’t you try and talk it out with your mom?”

Trevor: “No nerd face I can’t talk it out with her. There is nothing to talk about she doesn’t want me there it’s not a misunderstanding she said it more then just last night. Just last night I finally gave her what she wanted”

Peter: “I’m sorry I was just trying to help”

Trevor: “No I’m sorry I’m snapping at everyone maybe I should just go. I’m doing nothing but bringing the whole group down I don’t belong here I don’t belong anywhere really”

Jessie: “Wrong answer Trevor. This is exactly where you belong. I think we all have the feeling we don’t belong anywhere. If we did would we be here right now? This is the thing we all need. What was I talking about yesterday we need to help each other and be here as a group for each other and not just for the good but for the bad too”

Peter: “He is right Trevo. Look let me talk to my parents maybe you can stay with me for a little bit at least for a few days if nothing more. If you have no where else to go it’s the least I can do”

Trevor: “Why would you do that? I am the one who stood there and did nothing to help you yesterday, and not only that but I have been nothing but mean to you all the time calling you a nerd and all that”

Peter: “Someone saved me it may not have been you but you know what now I have my chance to try and save someone else I think that’s what Jessie was trying to teach us all yesterday. I can’t make any promises though Trevor I have to ask my parents but I think it will turn out ok and if it doesn’t work we will all figure something else out for you. We won’t let you end up on the street I promise. Right guys?”

They all agree.

Nick walks up. Jessie doesn’t see him at first but he notices Trevor looking off behind him and wonders what he is looking at so he turns around and sees Nick standing there.

Jessie: “Nick” ,Jessie turns back to everyone. “Hey everyone I want you all to meet a friend of mine. I hope no one minds that I invited him”

Vikki: “No it’s fine I don’t think another person will hurt at all.”

Nick: “I can’t stay Jessie. I just wanted to stop by quick and see how you’re doing”

Jessie: “You can’t stay? Are you sure you can’t hang out even for a little while”

Nick: “Sorry Jessie I can’t”

Jessie turns to all the others “Give me a second I’ll be right back” he walks over to Nick and they walk off a few feet away while talking.

Jessie: “Is everything ok?”

Nick: “Yeah everything is fine. Look I wanted to let you know it’s supposed to be pretty bad weather tonight if you don’t have anywhere else to go you can come by my place ok and I don’t want to hear any of your nonsense about being intrusive or anything”

Jessie: “Thank for the offer I’ll think about it”

Nick: “Don’t think about it Jess if you don’t have anywhere else to go and it starts raining you better come over. Besides it’s not like I have anyone else to keep me company since I got my own place ya know. Well look I have to get going I’ll talk to you later I just wanted to offer you a place to stay tonight”

Jessie: “Ok take care maybe I’ll see you tonight”

Nick walks off and Jessie turns and walks back over to the group.

Cassie: “So how’s Nick doing he still working at the theater?”

Jessie: “Oh you know Nick?”

Cassie: “Yeah I worked with him at the thaeter last summer when I was saving up to get a car”

Jessie: “He is doing ok. He works at the hotel now and has his own apartment”

Cassie: “Yeah I knew about the apartment I had seen him moving into it a few months back but didn’t get to talk to him much as I was in a rush to go somewhere”

Patty: “How old is he?”

Jessie: “I forget his exact age I know he was 17 I’m not sure if he turned 18 yet or not”

Patty: “And he has his own place already. I wish I could do that”

Jessie: “Let’s just say he didn’t have much of a choice his dad and him have been having some problems with seeing eye to eye on things”

Peter: “Wow that’s really sad I feel bad for him and you too Trevor with your problems with your mom”

Trevor: “It’s nothing I can change that’s how she has been for a long time and it’s only been getting worse since my dad went to jail let’s not talk about it anymore ok. Really”

Peter notices Trevor looking upset and quickly jumps in to change the topic.

Peter: “So guys what’s the plan for today? What are we going to do?”

Vikki: “We could go bowling”

Cassie: “I don’t really have a lot of money”

Trevor: “I don’t have any”

Vikki: “Well like what are we going to do if no one has any money”

Jessie: “Not everything takes money to do ya know” laughs

Peter: “We could just hang out here and talk”

Vikki: “Boring”

Cassie: “Wow a cheerleader that finds talking boring”

Vikki: “Ex cheerleader thank you” she says and they both laugh.

Patty: “Whatever we’re doing I can’t be out late last night I got yelled at for being late for dinner and ended up not getting to eat because of it”

Peter: “How late were you for dinner?”

Patty: “I don’t know looked like they had just started eating”

Peter: “So why didn’t you get any did they not make enough thinking you weren’t coming home?”

Patty: “No believe me they had plenty there were leftovers in the fridge this morning just my stupid step dad punished me for being late by not letting me eat anything”

Trevor: “That’s some bullshit but hey at least you got to stay at home I really should have took some food with me when I left last night”

Patty: “You’re right I shouldn’t be to upset I just missed out on dinner and was able to eat at school today. Have you had anything to eat since yesterday?”

Trevor: “No I don’t have anything”

Patty: “Well you need to eat something”

Trevor: “I don’t have any cash I really don’t know what I am going to do.”

Patty: “You’re not going to do anything until you eat that’s what you’re going to do. Guys I know what we’re doing first lets go to dinner.”

Trevor: “I don’t have any money”

Cassie: “Me either all I have is a little bit left for gas money”

Patty: “Did I ask if anyone else would put money in? I’m buying. How does pizza sound to everyone?”

Vikki: “You’re right Trevor does need to eat but I don’t want you to have to buy it all yourself I’ll put some money in too seeing I have some to spare”

Peter: “Yeah I have like 3 dollars I know it isn’t much but I’ll put in towards the pizza.”

Trevor: “You guys don’t have to buy me food you know”

Patty: “I think we are all aware that we don’t have too but it is something we want to do”

Cassie: “Ok so where do we want to go”

They start mentioning pizza places they could go to as the scene fades out.

(Scene 2)
Scene fades in on football field. Most of the team has already left. The coach is off to the side talking with a police officer. While Andrew and John are talking.

Andrew: “So did you talk to Missy last night?”

John: “Yeah I did. We are going to hang out tonight she is supposed to meet me here”

Andrew: “Lucky man. So you going to try and get some tonight?”

John: “I don’t know I mean on the first date? Besides I just ended it with Vikki I don’t know if I want to rush into this”

Andrew: “Come on what are you a fag? She is the head cheerleader do you know how many people want to bang her and you have the chance”

John: “Yeah but I just don’t know about rushing it besides do you really think she will put out on the first date?”

Andrew: “Who knows? But it won’t hurt to try. Dude if you can get into that skirt I tell you man you will be my new hero. I have been looking at her from the second she joined the cheerleading squad you have no idea how much I wish I was you.”

John: “Really? Come on who has it better then you. You’re the captain of the football team”

Andrew: “And you’re the quarterback who is about to get a taste of the best pussy the school has to offer. Don’t blow it”

John: “Of course not if there is going to be any blowing it’s what she will be doing to me”

They both start to laugh as Missy is walking onto the field.

Andrew: “Here comes that sweet ass now. I am telling you man get her to wear her cheerleading outfit for you when you do it. I want stories.” Andrew starts to walk away “Take care of business man I’ll talk to you later bro”

Missy: “Hey Johnny how was practice?”

John: “It was ok. I’m hungry how about you?”

Missy: “Sure Johnny whatever you want”

John: “Let’s go get some pizza”

Missy: “Sure thing Johnny” she looks over at the coach talking to the cop. “Did something happen?”

John: “No there just friends and the cop is a big fan of our football team he comes to every game I guess they went to school together and they both played college football together”

They start to walk off as they pass the coach and the officer they look up

Coach Bill Grey: “Hey John good work today at practice”

John: “Thanks Coach”

Officer Fredrick: “Yea boy rest that arm up and keep throwing like you did today and you’re going to kill them out there this Sunday”

Camera fades in outside the pizza parlor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom