A CEO and a Solider (MrLegend and Genkai)

Genkai

Super-Earth
A CEO and a Solider (MrLegend and Genkai) an Avengers sort of RP

- - -

Pepper Potts had just gotten out of her cab. She had flown back to her hometown of New Haven, Connecticut after getting Stark Towers back on track of being rebuilt. The events in New York City had caused a lot of distress for the PA and CEO of Stark Industries. She had decided to take a break from Tony and her work and gather her own personal self, so to speak. The red haired woman had too many close encounters with death and noticed her entire life had been spent working and it had reached a point where it was too much. So she gave part of her CEO duties to Tony and took a month off to go back home for a while.

It was a lively summer day when she drove into New Haven. Not much had changed. It had quaint charm to it which was lost within the maze of LA or NYC. Pepper had found a small cottage on the outskirts of town. She headed inside of the yellow building and began to unpack her things. Pepper spent the rest of the sunny afternoon settling in. It would take a few days for her acquaint herself with having a less busy lifestyle but she knew it would be best if she did something for herself. When daylight churned into night she headed off to the store to figure out what she might want to cook.As she was standing in line with a cart full of groceries, she heard gunfire and quickly ducked behind her cart.

Then the gunshots were followed by a male's voice ordering people to hand over their money. Pepper wondered why someone would be robbing a grocery store. Shaking her head, she was tempted to call Tony. Have Iron Man swoop in and save the day but she stopped herself for some reason and just heard the man get what he wanted and escape. She slowly stood up and sighed deeply. That was a bit too much for her first day of vacation. As she was checking out, she heard some people talk about the masked man having hit up several other establishments like banks and such. Pepper shook her head and wondered why the local authorities haven't caught him yet but she just gathered her groceries and headed out to her car.

Genkai said:
A CEO and a Solider (MrLegend and Genkai) an Avengers sort of RP

- - -

Pepper Potts had just gotten out of her cab. She had flown back to her hometown of New Haven, Connecticut after getting Stark Towers back on track of being rebuilt. The events in New York City had caused a lot of distress for the PA and CEO of Stark Industries. She had decided to take a break from Tony and her work and gather her own personal self, so to speak. The red haired woman had too many close encounters with death and noticed her entire life had been spent working and it had reached a point where it was too much. So she gave part of her CEO duties to Tony and took a month off to go back home for a while.

It was a lively summer day when she drove into New Haven. Not much had changed. It had quaint charm to it which was lost within the maze of LA or NYC. Pepper had found a small cottage on the outskirts of town. She headed inside of the yellow building and began to unpack her things. Pepper spent the rest of the sunny afternoon settling in. It would take a few days for her acquaint herself with having a less busy lifestyle but she knew it would be best if she did something for herself. When daylight churned into night she headed off to the store to figure out what she might want to cook.As she was standing in line with a cart full of groceries, she heard gunfire and quickly ducked behind her cart.

Then the gunshots were followed by a male's voice ordering people to hand over their money. Pepper wondered why someone would be robbing a grocery store. Shaking her head, she was tempted to call Tony. Have Iron Man swoop in and save the day but she stopped herself for some reason and just heard the man get what he wanted and escape. She slowly stood up and sighed deeply. That was a bit too much for her first day of vacation. As she was checking out, she heard some people talk about the masked man having hit up several other establishments like banks and such. Pepper shook her head and wondered why the local authorities haven't caught him yet but she just gathered her groceries and headed out to her car.

Steve had barely been in the town for 5 minutes and he had already heard gunshots and screaming. It was like trouble followed him everywhere he went. That's when he saw the man running out of the store and right toward Steve, which prompted Steve to get off the motorcycle and clothesline him as soon as he ran by. It took seconds to subdue the man and disarm him and in a just a couple more minutes the cops had arrived to take him away. "So much for vacation," Steve said to himself before making his way towards the store.

Ever since the events in New York, Steve had decided to get out and see the country, curious to how much he had changed while he was frozen. He was drawn to this small town and decided to stay for a couple of days to relax a bit, after all he could be called in for some type of operation at anytime. That's when he saw her, it was Ms. Potts, Tony Stark's girlfriend. "Hey Ms. Potts! What are you doing here?" He asked, caught completely off guard by this. He didn't expect to see anybody connected with The Avengers out side of New York, but he had to admit if he would see anyone he preferred her to a lot of them.

As she was packing up her car and closing her trunk, she looked over to see none other than Steve Rogers aka Captain America. "Oh...hello..." She hadn't been expecting to see anyone in town who knew her as Ms. Potts. Many of the people who she was were gone. Her parents weren't really around but it was still a place called home for her. "I'm actually staying here for a while...I'm from here and after all the events in New York, I needed to get away and have some time to myself." Pepper smiled, trying to explain as best she could. It was a little weird seeing Steve without the uniform. She had to hear Tony gripe about the American Hero for a while and she couldn't understand the understated rivalry between the two so she often tried to just stay out of it and let Tony complain.

He was good at that. And she was good at dealing with him. Though sometimes she felt like his mother which was an unattractive snag on the relationship. But for now she hoped to just forget about Tony and heroes and all that. Why couldn't she have a normal month to herself? "What about you? What brings you here? You're not going from town to town to save the day are you?" She joked slightly as that didn't seem like a very easy task nor one for someone sane to take on. Leaning against her car, she looked to him and folded her arms. Unlike her usual attire, she had on a pair of light wash jeans and a black button blouse with her long hair pulled back in a casual braid.

She looked less formal and more normal, like she didn't carry the weight of an important company on her shoulders.

Genkai said:
As she was packing up her car and closing her trunk, she looked over to see none other than Steve Rogers aka Captain America. "Oh...hello..." She hadn't been expecting to see anyone in town who knew her as Ms. Potts. Many of the people who she was were gone. Her parents weren't really around but it was still a place called home for her. "I'm actually staying here for a while...I'm from here and after all the events in New York, I needed to get away and have some time to myself." Pepper smiled, trying to explain as best she could. It was a little weird seeing Steve without the uniform. She had to hear Tony gripe about the American Hero for a while and she couldn't understand the understated rivalry between the two so she often tried to just stay out of it and let Tony complain.

He was good at that. And she was good at dealing with him. Though sometimes she felt like his mother which was an unattractive snag on the relationship. But for now she hoped to just forget about Tony and heroes and all that. Why couldn't she have a normal month to herself? "What about you? What brings you here? You're not going from town to town to save the day are you?" She joked slightly as that didn't seem like a very easy task nor one for someone sane to take on. Leaning against her car, she looked to him and folded her arms. Unlike her usual attire, she had on a pair of light wash jeans and a black button blouse with her long hair pulled back in a casual braid.

She looked less formal and more normal, like she didn't carry the weight of an important company on her shoulders.
Steve laughed a bit at her joke, "No ma'am. I'm not that good at what I do. It's more of just the same thing with you. Just needed to get away for a little bit," He said before placing his hands in the pocket of the brown leather jacket he was wearing. Helping people was great and all but it took it's toll on a person, especially when they turn around and try to blame you for the entire thing anyways. At least that's what the government was trying to do. The Avengers took a lot of flack from the media or their battle in New York which left a lot of it in rubble. At first it didn't bother him to much but recently it had begun to make him angry.

"Besides, I wanted to see what the world looked like now. It's quite a culture shock believe it or not." He was still going through a major adjusting stage. Everything was so much more advanced and he felt helpless sometimes. People back in his time would have laughed at you if you told them that you would be able to carry a telephone in your pocket one day.

After all the chaos in New York, she didn't really keep track of who went where. She heard Tony say Banner was heading off to some remote location and that's all she really knew, which wasn't much. She could see why Steve would want to get away from everything and try to find some comfort in the less densely populated areas of the US. She hoped he found a niche, as it seemed like at the moment, he felt displaced. He was a hero though, if anything people should be trying to help the super solider get acquainted with everything. A lot had changed. Even just ten years ago, Pepper couldn't imagine how hard things must be for Steve. He was probably still a bit taken aback by all the changes, not to mention anyone he was likely gone by now. "I can believe it." She replied. "I can commend you for trying though, I can't say how eager I'd be if I were in your position." Pepper admitted.

If she had woken up after several decades of being asleep, she would probably just want to go back to sleep. Then again Pepper did have a resilient nature, it's what let her deal with Tony Stark on a daily basis. Even so, it was a tall order to ask anyone, wake up in a new era of sorts. Sighing softly, she wondered if she should invite Steve over for dinner. She figured he was staying in a hotel at least and while the food was good, she thought he might enjoy something home cooked a bit more. And it was easier on the pocket book. "If you want to come over, I could surely enjoy the company for dinner." Pepper suggested.

Steve thought about this for a second, it was a very tempting idea. It had been so long since he had a home cooked dinner that it was something he was longing for. Even before he was frozen he was out of country fighting the Nazis and the Hydra leader Red Skull. Then he remembered Tony, they already were at each other's throats all the time, eating with his girl friend certainly wouldn't help their situation. "I would love to ma'am, but what about Tony?" He asked. She was a very attractive woman and much smarter than he was making it an even harder offer to turn down. He didn't want to offend her by asking the question but he also didn't want to make a stupid decision that would hurt the very fragile relationship he and Tony had.

"I don't mean to offend or anything but as you know him and I don't really get along," He said. It was imperative that they be able to work together in order for the Avengers to be a successful team. Steve was good at planning and a natural leader but when it came to technology or science he needed Tony, no question about it.

It shouldn't have come as a surprise that Steve would mention Tony because she knew he and her boss didn't see eye to eye. That was trouble enough though it wasn't like Tony was around, she didn't have to worry about him butting into her or Steve's personal life. Pepper shook her head. "Well he's not here, we're kind of a break right now." Pepper shrugged a little. "I can understand your concern though." It was just an offer and she didn't want to make Steve uncomfortable or anything. "Whatever issues you two have, I probably shouldn't get in the middle of but I think you two need to act more mature and just bury the hatchet." Pepper sighed, well most of the trouble was with Tony but she didn't want him to act so childish that it could jeopardize human lives. "Well anyway if you change your mind, here." She handed him a scrap of paper with her new address on it.

She it from when she had written it down on the plane but now it was stored on her phone and had been memorized already. "Have a nice night, Captain Rogers." Pepper smiled and walked around to her car and finally got in and shut the door. Mentally going over her shopping list, she figured she had everything she needed for a while and slowly pulled out and flashed a quick wave to Steve before she headed off. As she drove back toward her small cottage, she thought about Tony and then she thought about the odd hostage situation. Part of her wondered if it was some kind of bad omen about her newly acquired vacation. Pepper parked and just got out, trying to keep positive as she got her groceries and headed inside to unpack them and have a glass of wine and try to relax before she figured out dinner.

Genkai said:
It shouldn't have come as a surprise that Steve would mention Tony because she knew he and her boss didn't see eye to eye. That was trouble enough though it wasn't like Tony was around, she didn't have to worry about him butting into her or Steve's personal life. Pepper shook her head. "Well he's not here, we're kind of a break right now." Pepper shrugged a little. "I can understand your concern though." It was just an offer and she didn't want to make Steve uncomfortable or anything. "Whatever issues you two have, I probably shouldn't get in the middle of but I think you two need to act more mature and just bury the hatchet." Pepper sighed, well most of the trouble was with Tony but she didn't want him to act so childish that it could jeopardize human lives. "Well anyway if you change your mind, here." She handed him a scrap of paper with her new address on it.

She it from when she had written it down on the plane but now it was stored on her phone and had been memorized already. "Have a nice night, Captain Rogers." Pepper smiled and walked around to her car and finally got in and shut the door. Mentally going over her shopping list, she figured she had everything she needed for a while and slowly pulled out and flashed a quick wave to Steve before she headed off. As she drove back toward her small cottage, she thought about Tony and then she thought about the odd hostage situation. Part of her wondered if it was some kind of bad omen about her newly acquired vacation. Pepper parked and just got out, trying to keep positive as she got her groceries and headed inside to unpack them and have a glass of wine and try to relax before she figured out dinner.
Steve waved his hand to her as she drove away, already knowing he had made a mistake by bringing it up. He sighed and looked at the piece of paper she had given him and began to think to himself about it. It wouldn't hurt to go have dinner with a friend, it wasn't like she was asking him on a date or anything. He slipped the note into his pocket, making the decision to take her up on her offer, and got back on to his bike. He wouldn't need the groceries anymore and decided to take a drive around the town for a bit until it was time to meet up with Pepper.

While riding the thought popped into his head about burying the hatchet, or trying to, with Tony. Pepper was right in that they were acting like children and just needed to talk it out for the good of the rest of the team and anybody else associated with the Avengers. After all, there was no telling when they were going to be needed again and the last thing that Tony or himself needed to be worried about was some stupid rivalry. It had been a bit now and Steve started to head towards the address written on the paper, excited to finally have some company for the first time in awhile. Once he arrived, he quickly turned off his bike and made his way up to the door before lightly knocking on it.

She was considering calling Tony to see how he was, but she knew she shouldn't, that he had JARVIS and could function fine without her worrying about him. So she kept to her wine and just flipped through a magazine for a while before deciding to make dinner. Finishing her wine, she headed over to her kitchen and started to get some water boiling for pasta. The cottage was a small two story. On the first floor there was a half bath, the living room and kitchen which blended well together. The kitchen was small but had everything she needed. The second story was just her bedroom and a full bath, everything had an open floor plan, it was pretty basic but that's how Pepper liked it. And she was already feeling well at home and relaxed. When the water came to a boil, she added the pasta and started to work on the sauce.

Cutting up tomatoes and adding other things like spices, she let that sit on the stove while she refilled her wine glass a second time and leaned against the counter and looked out the window. It would take some patience as to how to deal with all the new down time she had. Pepper figured she could try to find a small easy going job somewhere in town. Pepper always felt like doing something, even on a vacation it seemed. She finished the red sauce by adding some sausage to and then heard a knock on the door, heading over she opened it and was a bit surprised to see Steve Rogers. "Guess you changed your mind." She smiled a little and stepped aside to let him in. "What did make you change your mind?" She couldn't help but ask, a bit curious.

Genkai said:
She was considering calling Tony to see how he was, but she knew she shouldn't, that he had JARVIS and could function fine without her worrying about him. So she kept to her wine and just flipped through a magazine for a while before deciding to make dinner. Finishing her wine, she headed over to her kitchen and started to get some water boiling for pasta. The cottage was a small two story. On the first floor there was a half bath, the living room and kitchen which blended well together. The kitchen was small but had everything she needed. The second story was just her bedroom and a full bath, everything had an open floor plan, it was pretty basic but that's how Pepper liked it. And she was already feeling well at home and relaxed. When the water came to a boil, she added the pasta and started to work on the sauce.

Cutting up tomatoes and adding other things like spices, she let that sit on the stove while she refilled her wine glass a second time and leaned against the counter and looked out the window. It would take some patience as to how to deal with all the new down time she had. Pepper figured she could try to find a small easy going job somewhere in town. Pepper always felt like doing something, even on a vacation it seemed. She finished the red sauce by adding some sausage to and then heard a knock on the door, heading over she opened it and was a bit surprised to see Steve Rogers. "Guess you changed your mind." She smiled a little and stepped aside to let him in. "What did make you change your mind?" She couldn't help but ask, a bit curious.
Steve smiled when she opened the door and stepped into the house when she moved to let him in, "Well, you were right about the thing between Tony and I, plus I was getting tired of eating S.H.I.E.L.D food," He said before smiling a bit at her. The smell of the pasta filled his nose and caused his stomach to release a load groan, "Wow, that smells good." He hadn't really realized how hungry he was until just now and it was hard to keep from just running into the kitchen and digging into the food. S.H.I.E.L.D had provided him with food for his trip, but it wasn't the best food in the world and he was kind of tired of eating out, so this was going to be a very welcome change.

The cottage had a very comfortable and open atmosphere that really relaxed Steve, which wasn't an easy thing to do at all. "This is a pretty nice place, is it yours?" He asked before walking around a bit to get a better look at the place. To bad he couldn't find a place that made him feel this comfortable and welcome. He hadn't really looked since he was provided housing.

Pepper watched him as she made her was back toward the stove. "Don't expect me to be a messenger to Tony. I don't really want to deal with whatever issues you two might have and I don't intend on talking to him very often when I'm here." Pepper explained as she poked her sauce a bit and stirred it. It was about done so she left it alone finally. "And I never knew what kind of food SHIELD offered, my guess is that it's a lot like cafeteria food or something." But any place you at ate after a while got old and change was usually good. When her pasta was done, she strained it and mixed it in with the waiting sauce. "Oh thanks, I really like it." Pepper said as she glanced up to him. "And I just rent it. I'm not going to really buy it but I suppose I could..." It wouldn't be a bad place to escape to, like a summer home.

With all the funds she got from working for Tony, she had a lot of money saved up but usually that went away into the bank to collect figurative dust. Only on occasion would she buy herself new shoes or a handbag. When Pepper finished everything, she fixed them up two plates and grabbed her wine glass which had felt a little neglected. "So you're here for a few days huh? Where are you staying?" Pepper asked him. Last time she checked, some of the hotels were booked but that was likely due to the summer season. Small towns got some tourism because of local festivals and stuff, some of which Pepper was looking forward to herself. "Oh, what do you want to drink?" She asked as she took a sip of her wine and then set it down at her place at the table.

Back
Top Bottom