Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Simtech OOC

B

Broomhandle45

Discuss the plot..the character advancements, whatever you think you need to talk about and discuss with other members here. I'll also be posting whatever relevant information needed to help your characters be more in tune with the world and such. And if you have your own suggestions, toss em here too.

Also, first order of the day is the team name, location..etc. I would assume the team would be American, but that's never stopped anyone from having people not of the nationality on their team. It's not entirely relevant in terms of anything, but it'd be good to know a bit of a backstory.

So I'm assuming Speedy Soviets is out then. Bummer.

Anyway, I'm wondering how our characters are all going to meet up and form this team? Is it randomly made up by the War Game Commissioners or are team captains picked and they choose from a list?

Or is this a wholly a "group comes together to do this" kind of deal?

Also, I put forth the name the Blue Moons? You know, in spirit of the RP site?

I dunno, I'm bad with coming up with team names.

Depending on how it goes, it's probably more of a group of free agents get hired under a manager to see how they do sort of deal. Just need to see when the others post their characters and I can work from that.

Hm, that could actually be a solid idea. I need to do a few things for Simtech first, but maybe a place to mess around couldn't hurt.

I like this idea of practice posts...would give me something to do <_<

...yes, this pleases the Kara greatly....

Tilts her head to the side contemplating this.

Well I believe gear will be explained more or less by Broom and when we have it, it will be taken care of by the Tagging Header.

A backstory could be nice.

Gear will be explained (it would have been sooner, but the damn mouse of mine clicked something and I lost the data I had..oh well). Backstory could be explained by the story, or we can all come up with something beforehand.

I figured gear would be taken care of.

As for back story whatever you all decide Im fine with.

We can come up with a back story within the story, that's fine with me.

Unless anyone has any ideas for a back story beforehand.

Of course, I'd actually like to discuss how the story will progress. Will they go through low ranking matches before going to professional national leagues, and then global?

I'm actually interested if Simtech's an Olympic sport now.

It's possible, my original idea was starting at the bottom and working up, yeah. My main draw would mostly be character conflict, both team wise and other team wise..with the matches of course.

Well this all sounds delightful.

Just lemme know when we can start.

In the processes of getting a thread started, so be patient.

Got the gear up, got the 'training' thread up, might tie it into things once they get going.

Alright, three questions pop into my head at this moment for Simtech.

One: What if no one else joins? Will we just keep calm and carry on with a three man team?

Two: What will the arenas look like?

Will some be colossal for the war-sized War Games that are held on an International level, and some smaller in size for normal games?

Will the environments be varied, with many a building to take advantage of?

Or, and this, I think, is the most interesting, will many matches take place within the real world, like the mountains of Afghanistan or the war-torn city streets of Sarajevo? Or the pristine urban jungle of New York, or the grungy ghettos and suburbs of Mexico and the Arid regions of the United States?

Or is it a mix between these real world locations (within a perimeter, of course), and large arenas for cities who can afford them?

AAAAAnd Three:

What kind of War Games will there be?

Team Death Match?

Capture the Flag?

Search & Destroy, or King of the Hill?

Or more varied scenarios formulated by military tacticians?

I know I'm not involved in this RP, but as staff, a GM of 2 other multi-thread group games and a friend of Broom's....... you guys could ramp up your game if you all made multiple characters. Create 3 apiece and you suddenly have 9 character game. Think about that. The posts will increase and thus so will activity. If activity increases, you'll attract interest. Just some things to ponder. Also, if you create more threads to post in than just the one practice arena, that'll help as well. You don't even need very many. Just another one or two to spark interest and give yourselves variety. You'd be surprised what that'll attract. Take it from someone who has 2 running fairly successfully. Anyway, just a couple of things for you guys to think about. Feel free to take it or leave it. :)

Sorry, I've kinda zonked out on this for a bit. I'm not actually used to checking the forum but whoops, I'm here now. Regardless, multiple characters are fine..but since it's only three people at present there's really only so many options there.

If it stays three I'll probably just move it to group roleplay and condense everything to a single OOC thread of some sort, as for arenas it's basically wherever they can do it. There are arena venues but ideally anywhere dangerous is..well, it's dangerous. They can't just let people in with cameras and shit into actual deadly situations, so chances are there won't be much in terms of that..and also considering that Vanessa is really the only one who has any real combat experience..that'd be kinda awkward for everyone involved.

As for what they do, general TDM with some objective stuff, securing hostages and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom