Stormvalley High (Vash x Messylips)

X-Vash00

Star
High above the large compound of Stormvalley High School a transport carrier buzzed across the air. Inside a nervous Tony Stark stood in a suit of steel colored armor. He pressed an armored finger to the com piece on the helmet. "Dad," Tony asked, "Are you sure about this? I mean this is still a prototype." Howard Stark chuckled from the other end of the line. "Come on Tony, you and I built this and did all the calculations together. Two genius brains couldn't possibly get this wrong. Now just follow the plan and everything should be fine." Tony nodded and closed the open face of the helmet. He stepped out as the cargo door opened and took a deep breath before jumping off and activating the rockets in the suit. As he felt himsel fly through the air all of his inhibitions went out the door.

The students of class two-thousand-and-eleven were all currently packed into the school's hall, waiting anxiously for the first assembly of the year to begin. They were expecting the school principal to make his appearance any second and to deliver the usual humdrum speech, which is why the hall fell into shocked silence when they were instead greeted by the strum of a guitar...

"Welcome to the Jungle," the vocalist screamed as a suit of iron burst through the roof and slammed into the stage, landing crouched on one knee with his steel fist pressed against the floor. The platform was suddenly awash in multicoloured lights and fireworks as the steel-clad billionaire launched off the stage and flew over the gasping, wide-eyed, students, all while twirling and winding in tune with the Guns'N'Roses song; showing off his flying skills as well as the new Stark prototype. Unlike his usual outfit, the suit displayed a large array of weaponry, enough to warrant a bit of parental hate-mail no doubt. "So worth it," He thought as he gave the students a quick wink before ending the ostentatious display with one last flip and another heavy landing on the stage amid a final explosion of fireworks and lights. As the song died, Tony strutted toward the front of the platform, admiring the semi-casual whites and blues of the teens' assigned uniforms.

Placing both hands firmly on the podium, the twenty-one-year old began, "I think that's enough fun for one assembly, so allow me to simply welcome you all to Stormvalley High! I'm sure you're all going to love it here." He smiled, confident in his words. "Now, before I begin, I'd like to address a rumour I've heard floating about the halls, regarding the Avengers... All I can say is that Stark Industries is unaware of any metahuman presence within the school." He gave a moment's pause, to allow the message to sink in, before continuing, "The close proximity of the Avengers tower is merely a coincidence and the same could be said for any potential superhumans attending Stormvalley." Tony watched the reactions of the student-body, trying to gauge whether they believed him or not, before gazing out a nearby window to the tower which stood just across the street.

The Avengers Tower was similar to an apartment building, with each room individually crafted to suit the desires and personality of each Avenger. As a skyscraper the Avenger tower was by far taller than any other in the city, with the glassy panelling which covered its sleek exterior topped by an ancient monument of Asgard. It stood as a picture of simplicity and style, leaving many unaware of the extensive array of weapons and sensors which hid under its plain, glistening, surface. On the inside the tower was managed by an artificial intelligence system known as Jarvis, who attended to the needs of its occupants while ensuring a secure, functional, environment. Besides supplying the Avengers with refreshments as well as guest, entertainment and relaxation rooms, the tower also maintained several training centres, gyms, mission prep areas and modes of transport. The decor also changes from one room to the next, where one might be stylized in polished marble, another could have a more wooden, rustic, appeal. This was done in the hopes of giving the more redundant areas a little more character. Tony Stark had spared no expense and while he pretended that Stormvalley was simply another eccentric venture for the public, the truth was that it too was created for the benefit of the Avengers.

Returning his attention to the assembly before him, Stark continued, "And now I will leave you to your principal, Doctor Xander Rice, to explain the more boring details of life at Stormvalley High." With that Tony turned to the good doctor to make an exaggerated sweep of his hand, implying that the stage was all his. Xander, a tall, lean-muscled, man with dirty blonde hair, looked less than amused by Stark's antics. His russet-coloured eyes glared at him as he stood from his chair, adjusted his white lab coat, and approached the podium. The doctor then proceeded to highlight the rules and expectations of the school in a swift, no-nonsense, tone. He seemed to want to get the assembly out of the way as much as everyone else.

As he neared the end of his speech he noted, "Finally, we will be testing a new study program where we assign certain students into groups of three, or perhaps more. You'll receive more details once the groups have been formed." What Xander had failed to elaborate on was that each group was in actuality going to be treated as an Avenger squad, to teach them the importance of team work and coordination. Once the principal was finished Tony quickly announced the band's closing song "Highway to Hell" (an apparent joke) before flying right back out the hole he'd made on his entrance.

Many of the students started to shuffle their way out from the hall and into the courtyard, standing beneath the shade of the clouds which hid the morning sun. They chattered on excitedly about what the new year might bring, from general teen gossip to more politically orientated topics (such as the possible resurgence of Hydra). Or they simply kept to themselves, watching and waiting. A frozen yoghurt stand stood opposite the street, at the base of the Avengers building, while fields for various sport surrounded the students in the school grounds. The day was meant mostly for exploring and adjusting so nobody had to worry about class, or at least not yet....

Outside the auditorium a small beat up truck drove to the front of the school. The truck had a large circus logo blazened on the doors. Inside the truck was Clint Barton, his brother Bernard, and his friend and mentor Buck Chislom. Clint and his brother were runaways, orphaned at an early age and sick of being bounced around foster homes. They ended up at the circus as roustabouts and he was being trained by Buck also known as Trick Shot. Clint was looking down and sad, he would much rather be at the circus shooting arrows than this school and being a part of these so called Avengers. Buck saw this in Clint, "Clint, I know you don't want to be here but this a big deal. These SHIELD guys see what you can do and know how to put it to better use than just shooting targets in front of a crowd." Clint still was reluctant to get out of the car, but Bernard bolted right out of the car as soon as it stopped. Buck have Clint a nudge on the shoulder, "Come on kid, do it for me." Clint nodded his head and got his stuff, the school was a live in school so Clint had brought all of his clothes and marksman gear. He gave Buck one last look and got out of the truck. He gave Buck a wave goodbye and he left to the dorms.

On his way to the dorms a couple of big burly guys blocked his path. They were dressed in blue slacks, a white shirt, and a pressed blue sport coat, preppy kids. "Hey kid," One asked, "Did you get out of a truck that had the circus logo on it?" Clint responded, "Yes." They all laughed in unison while pointing at him, "Your a circus freak?! What are you, the human fish? The guy with a few extra limbs? A kid with no dick?!!!" That brought up more laughter. Clint pushed passed them and went on his way, a scowl now on his face.

Back
Top Bottom