You've Stolen my Heart, Dr.Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genkai

Super-Earth
You've Stolen my Heart, Dr.Watson

Dr.Watson & The Thief. SteveZen & Genkai

- - -

She knew she was in trouble when she got back to London and soon found herself in the interested clutches of Professor Moriarty who needed her help. Being the sly woman who needed some extra cash, she took the job on without as much perceptive skill as Holmes would use. As her job progressed, and she found out the man was after her old flame, her own feelings became even more muddled and seeing reason within the confusion was something of a challenge. But the young thief was confident with her own skills and attempted to do her job while being about to help Sherlock in a small way. It was obvious she was too far in to get herself out. Moriarty made himself a difficult adversary and although she could get out his grasp every so often, she was sure it wouldn't last long. The twisted man had connections, she wasn't a fool to give him too little credit. It was obvious that she needed some help. This epiphany came to her when she had followed Holmes and Watson to a small meat packing building and she ended up getting into a bind.

After being recused, Irene started to contemplate what she could do and who she could trust. The likeliest place she would receive help was from either Sherlock or Dr.Watson. To be honest, she was a little reluctant about going back to Sherlock for help. He was someone who made things difficult for her, and she was sure he would say the same thing. The best choice would be to find someone else who she could trust, someone who had a clear head but who could still hold his own against others in a fight. Obviously she went to track down John Watson after the explosion. Sneaking around, she caught sight of Sherlock in his disguise, talking to a woman about the case. Irene paused and waited until they left before she headed into the room where John was. She sat down and brushed some of her hair behind her ear.

Glancing around the room, she wondered how she should approach the man with the proposal she had in mind. Now that she had been a bit compromised, Moriarty would be keeping a close eye on her, a tight leash around her neck. It made her rather nervous. A few hours slowly passed before the man awoke. When he did, he seemed to still be on medication which would probably make her conversation go a little better if he wasn't distracted by any pain. Slowly walking over to him, Adler moved her chair closer to his bed. "I'm sorry to have gotten you involved." She said to him. She didn't mind causing Holmes any trouble, as it was something of a habit. One might even have considered it their foreplay. Even so, she knew vaguely that Watson didn't deserve as much trouble as he got thanks to his best friend. Though her first statement was about to be contradicted with her next one. "I need your help." Irene said carefully and paused before he could give her any sort of incredulous look. "I can't keep doing what I'm doing." That was obvious.

"I think Sherlock has locked himself up, intending to finish this case and you're not-" She paused and licked her lips. "You're not really in the best condition right now and I feel that's my fault. I just need some kind of protection from him." Irene said. Despite her vague relationship with Watson, it still pained the confident woman to be asking such a thing. "I know I shouldn't be asking for your help after what just happened but you and I are both in trouble and I thought maybe we could escape the trouble and think of a way to help rather than sit here like fish in a barrel." Irene said, finishing her proposal to the man. It was the best she could come up with after having narrowly escaped the lively explosion. She was sure Holmes would be fine and she had a feeling if given enough rest, Watson would be better very soon. "I suggest we leave someplace for a while, Holmes is great at tricking people, so am I. I'm sure you could be as well. Once this is over, I plan on making my escape again and neither of you will have to hear from me." She said simply, resting her hands on her lap, supposing that the end result of her disappearance would be slightly enticing. Irene knew Watson was a bit less fond of her than Holmes but that was also part of the reason why she needed his help, rather than someone things were already complicated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom