Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

**THE TRAVEL THREAD**

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Whenever your character is traveling via carriage, train, boat, walking (eg around Hogsdale), etc. (ie, en route via means where it is impossible to track via a single thread), please post your travels in here and document your method of travel, etc in your header where the 'travel' option is labeled (in all other situations, just leave it blank or you can list, "doesn't pertain" or "not applicable" or something thereabouts). Also, please be sure to fill out your header per normal and to tag per normal for the sake of tracking who you are addressing, etc.

Thank you.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Alice Katherine Snow, Alice
House/Year: Ravenclaw/4th year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Cherry, 10in, Unicorn Hair, Swishy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Ravenclaw uniform and robes.
Travel: Walking the streets of Hogsdale; Intending to travel from Hogsdale Train Station to Hogsdale Carriage Service Station
Tagging: Anyone

Alice hurried along the streets of Hogsdale, the train station slowly becoming smaller and smaller as she moved further away from it. Her luggage cart was indeed heavy, but her excitement at the fact that she'd soon be reunited with both Sam and Lori made it worth the trouble. Besides, the Carriage Service Station wasn't far off. Soon, she'd be loading her luggage inside a lovely carriage and making her way toward the castle and settling in.

The salty sea air smelled wonderful as she walked along the road. It smelled of wonder, of happiness. Smiling, Alice moved even faster causing little Pippen to let out another tiny mew as the luggage cart bumped and jostled as she pushed it over the uneven road. Finally, after a short walk, she could see her destination nearing. In the distance, she could see the wooden sign: Hogsdale Carriage Service Station.

"Nearly there, Pip," Alice whispered to her cat. "Soon we'll be at the castle and soon we'll be with our friends."

(Exit to Hogsdale Carriage Service Station)

The mystery female soon was stopping in front of the Castle, looking up with her blue-gray eyes under the hood of the cloak. She was nervous, but also eager. She would be Sorted, her Primary schooling having transpired on the Continent and necessitating the Sorting into a House. She sighed, her things taken into the right area as she was lead directly to the Headmistress' office...

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Nickolai Dominique, Nicko
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Pure Blood
Wand: Willow, 10 and a quarter inches, flexible.Veela Hair Core
Broom: Don't have one
Attire:Standard Hogwarts Uniform
Travel:Heading from Hogsdale Train Station to Hogsdale Carriage Service Station
Tagging:Anyone

Nicko made his way out of the train station and onto the streets of the town. His eyes were full of interest as he looked around at all the little shops and places along the strip. He had never really seen anything like it Nicko was so used to large cities and big buildings that he never really got the chance to appreciate something like Hogsdale. After a few minutes of walking Nicko finally reached his destination, he walked into the carriage station full of people.

(Heading to Carriage Station)

1em8le.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Travel:Heading from Hogsdale Train Station to Hogsdale Carriage Service Station

After picking up her things and putting them back in their places Riku pushed her cart out of the station and followed a boy she had seen with a similar uniform on as hers. When the boy walked into the carriage station she followed assuming that this was the place she needed to be.

(Heading to Carriage Station)

34fl4ck.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Lorelai Elizabeth Flannagan, Lori
House/Year: Ravenclaw/6th year
Wand: Ash, 11.5in, Phoenix Feather, Bendy
Location: Traveling the streets of Hogsdale; Heading towards Hogwarts Secondary
Travel: Walking from Hogsdale Apparation Station to Hogwarts Secondary
Tagging: Professor Magnus

Lorelai felt her cheeks go red again at Professor Magnus' compliment. How she could make his time at Secondary easier was something she couldn't quite fathom. After all, who was she? She wasn't anyone special... she was just Lorelai... Ordinary, plain. The girl often overlooked. And then there was the fact that he'd missed her. Just then, she felt her heart begin to pound and her breath very nearly catch in her throat.

Turning to look at Professor Magnus, Lori gave him a smile, "I'm glad to hear that, Professor." It was funny. Despite the flutter she felt in her tummy and the burn in her cheeks, she felt oddly comfortable holding his arm. "I missed you as well," she added. "And I'm looking forward to the start of the year. I have an internship arranged. I'll be doing research for Hogsdale's Astronomy Society." She giggled softly. "I'll have to work nights in the Astronomy Tower a couple nights a week. I'll probably be the envy of many, too bad it's wasted on me," she laughed, though her laugh was laced with a hint of sorrow.

(Makes a stop at The Witch's Brew while on her way to Hogwarts Secondary)

2hi0y03.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: James Alexandre Magnus
Blood Type: Full
Wand: 13 incch Cherry with dragon heartstring core, appropriately yieldy and attached to the platinum hilt of a Musketeer's rapier
Broom: It was sent on ahead.
Attire: Professor's uniform with traveling cloak over it
Location: The streets of Hogsdale, walking in the direction of the Castle
Travel: Walking toward Hogwarts Secondary
Tagging: Lorelai

"I don't think any envy is wasted on you, my dear. There are many who have good reason to be very envious of you. I also was meaning to speak to you about your internship, if you don't mind."

James kept in step with Lorelai, very pleased that her idea of walking was like his. He was enjoying seeing the town, as it had changed little in the time that he had been gone. He had dealt with many things in the past, particularly the cleaning up of the little sect of Dark One who had tried to carry on in Voldmorte's footsteps. In the process, something very extraordinary as well. He was very calm as he spoke to her about it, as she was one of his best students.

"Lorelai.. there is a Mentoring position connected with being my Assistant, and while it crosses over with doing research for the HAS.. it also involves something that I feel that you and your friend Alice are most capable of handling."

He paused, his tone very focused as he stopped her at the little cafe that he loved when he was a student. He helped her sit down, his eyes serious as he spoke.

"One of the things I did during the summer was to bring a student here to Britain.. well.. actually back home to Britain. The documents that you and your friend Alice helped with last year.. they were completely deciphered. They were adoption and birth records. I brought the young woman who was spoken of in the documents back so she can go to school here."

James held her hand, wanting her to understand why he was asking what he was.

"Lorelai.. the girl is in reality the illegitimate daughter of Tom Marvlo Riddle and Bellatrix La Strange. She was conceived through artificial insemination and carried to term, but her parents that raised her were never told where the fertilized egg came from."

sziyww.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name: Alexia Ysabella Carter
House/Year:Slytherin/2nd Year
Blood Type:Full Blood
Wand:11.5" Yew, Unicorn Hair
Broom:N/A
Attire: Dark jean skirt short above the knee, pink tank top, black hoodie with hood up, and a pair of pink converse.
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Talks to Katy

Teddy was off digging around and marking his territory as Lexi walked arm in arm with Katy. She already really liked the girl and was extremely happy to have met her. Lexi noticed other people walking along but none looked to be in Slytherin. "This walk alone is going to make me tired and won't want to do anything when we get to school, "Lexi laughed a little.

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging:talking to Lexi
Katy smiled and said "yea i know i just want so badly to be sorted already so i can get it over with the excity of not knowing is killing me". She looked back at Midnight walking close to her while watching the dog teddy . Katy was very happy she had found a new friend to pass the time at school with.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Travel: Heading to Hogwarts Secondary
Tagging: Sam, Nicko, Ashley (NPC)

Alice was happy when Sam said he'd join them all in the carriage ride up to the castle. She'd hoped he would as she was eager to find out more about the letter he'd sent to her not overly long ago. And though she probably wouldn't get the chance to find out during the carriage ride itself, she'd try to be a bit more watchful of his mannerisms during the ride. And, of course, she'd be able to talk with him sooner as opposed to later once at the castle itself.

Happy and a bit giddy with excitement, Alice loaded up her luggage and took a seat inside the carriage. She let her cat, Pippen, sit on her lap, the orange and vanilla tabby all too happy to oblige such a seat as they traveled to the school. Ashley sat across from her and she waited for both Sam and Nicko before the carriage took off along the road, heading toward Hogwarts Secondary and what would hopefully be a year to remember... a year full of beginnings and memories she could hold onto forever.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Samual Christopher Anderson (Sam, Chris, Andy)
House/Year: Gryffindor, Sixth year
Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.
Broom: Not yet
Attire: Gryffindor travel uniform
Travel: From home to the Station, arriving
Tagging: Alice, Ashley (NPC), Nickolai

"I do hope that both of you will know that if you need any help, many of us Sixth Years are available for tutoring. Most of us can help with the basic classes, you just have to be ready to buckle down."

As he smiled saying that, Samuel took one of Alice's hands. He held it the way he knew she liked to have her hand held, but also with a bit more to it. He caressed it in his, letting her know that he meant many things with his letter to her earlier. He wanted her to know how special she was to him, and that she was going to be worth the wait. He didn't think that as she tested his patience, rather that she was just that special to him. He stroked Pippen with his other hand, the cat responding and showing him he was liked.

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin (NPC)
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Travel cloak over basic Hogwarts uniform
Tagging: Alice, Nicko, Sam.

"I am certain that I will need tutoring in at least two classes. Not that I am a lazy student, but I am certain there are differences in how magic is handled in certain areas."

She was nervous, not only because Samuel was handsome, but also because she sensed that Alice and he had a bond. She didn't know if it was deeper than what older students would have with each other normally, but she knew and felt that she should be deferring to them when she doesn't know something. She was very glad that she was there, as Hogwarts was as far away from home as she could get. She didn't need any more pressure from her own family, and now that she was here, she recommitted herself to doing all she could to do well in her new environment.

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Travel:N/A
Tagging:Sam, Alice, Ashley

Nickolai climbed into the carriage and sat down, he listened as Sam offered tutoring. "I will keep that in mind, I always appreciate any help I can get" ,he said in response. Nicko noticed the connection between both Alice and Sam and it made him smile a bit, he wasn't very used to seeing other people show affection to each other but thought it was a beautiful thing none the less. "So what are you two studying"? Nicko asked both Alice and Sam in an attempt to start a conversation.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Travel: Heading to Hogwarts Secondary

Alice's heart skipped a beat when Sam suddenly took her hand in his and then once more when he began to gently caress it the way one does a lover. She suddenly felt so very warm inside and without even realizing it moved a bit closer to the Gryffindor. She was touched when he pet Pippen and giggled softly at his reaction. The cat adored Sam and had no objections in making such a thing known to all as he got his attentions.

"I'm studying to become a Healer," Alice answered in response to Nicko. "Minoring in Potion Arts. I've done some observations back at Primary in the Hospital Wing and hope to get an internship working in the Hospital Wing at Secondary. That would be amazing!" She paused then so that Sam could fill in both Ashley and Nicko about his own studies. She was curious as to what the First Years would eventually be studying as well. It was always fun to compare interests.

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Wand: 12 inches, Sycamore, Dragon heartstring, flexible, attached to the hilt of a Royal Navy cutlass.

"I am double majoring in Transfiguration and D.A.D.A, with a double minor in Charms and Potions. Fortunately, I have a really good memory, so I can handle it. What about the two of you? Any subjects that you two are interested in already?"

Sam smiled, his hand still in Alice's. He was pleased that Pippen liked him, as he knew that cats liking those who liked there masters was a good thing. He had sent his own cat along, but she was going to be fine. He had fed her, and she was sleeping in her carrier when he sent it along. She would be happen to see Pippen, and that was the point. He smiled at Alice, then looked to Alice and Nicko to see if they had anything to say to or ask him.

"Whoa... that is a bit of a load. To tell the truth... I was so excited about getting excepted... I have not though about my major or minor yet."

Ashley blushes, as she had really not been looking through all of the Uni materials. She had a vague idea, something totally against what her parents wanted from her. She let Nicko have the chance to speak up, as she didn't want to hog all of the conversation time. Her hands were nervous, and she smiled at Pippen. She reached out, slowly so as not to frighten her, and if she let Ashley, she would pet the cat.

35irqcn.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Jensen "Mongrel" Spencer, of the Leeds-Cohen family
House/Year: Fifth
Wand: Elm wood, 7', Jersey Devil talon
Attire: Semi-conservative suit, somewhat casual but generally keeping with the decade they are in. The Sixties.
Travel: To Carriage House
Tagging: None

"Can you hear me now? How about now? Now?" Mr. Spencer walked and talked on his mobile phone, trying to find the way out of the deadzone he was in so that he could see how close he was to. Wonderful thing, though he doubted he would be able to use it's advanced calculating programs due to it's limitted battery life and likely lack of eletrical sockets in the area. The alternative, bringing his own source of juice was out of the question, as for some reason, non-rechargable batteries seemed to crack open when apparated with.

(Heading to Carriage House)

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Travel:Heading to Hogwarts Secondary

Nicko listened as Sam and Alice told both him and Ashley what they were studying. He was excited to hear what everyone had to say. When Sam asked what him and Ashley were planning on studying Nicko waited for Ashley to finish before he spoke. "I am very interested in becoming an Auror or doing something with magical law enforcement, I have always wanted to do something that would help people" ,Nicko told Sam.

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Travel: Heading to Hogwarts Secondary, exiting carriage

Alice's hand felt warm as Sam continued to hold it. Something about it felt nice. Right. And it made her wonder even more about the letter he'd written her earlier that day. Looking up quickly, she could see the castle and within moments they'd be arriving and unloading their luggage, ready to start the year at their home away from home... not that she considered her 'home' a home at all. The youth hostel in which she stayed was hardly a place she enjoyed residing at. When there, she pined for the times when school would resume so that she could re-enter the magical world without issue, could see her friends... could see Sam.

"You can pet, Pippen," Alice said with a smile while looking at Ashley. "He's a friendly cat and likes people and attention," she added. She then turned to look at Nicko. "An auror? That's quite a prestigious profession. A tough course load to say the least, but I can tell you'll be able to handle it." She smiled warmly and nestled herself close against Sam without even realizing she was doing so.

Again, Alice looked up. They were practically upon the castle now, the structure looming in the distance but not in an ominous way rather in a way that welcomed, that beckoned its students 'home'.

"We're nearly there," Alice said as the carriage suddenly pulled to a stop. "We can unload and leave our luggage at the entrance and meander the grounds or castle for a bit. We still have some time before the Sorting Ceremony. Though I'm a bit excited for the ceremony this year. We have quite a few transfers from what I hear."

2r23dvs.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Yes, Aurors are very needed always, as are other areas of law enforcement, Nickolai. It is both noble and very satisfying, and I also am wanting to be there. My parents always knew I was not going to just do anything."

Sam smiled nodding as he could see in Nickolai a very fine officer of the Magical Law Enforcement, and he would have an air around him as an Auror that was both intimidating and a bit comforting in equal measures. As Ashley pet Pippen, understood about Ashely's indecision, admitting to her as Alice nestled close to him.

"I also was undecided all through my first year. It is something that happens, I can tell you, because so many of the professors make it so exciting.. even some of the mundane class work. I can also tell you that many of the professors are very good, even the ones who are very intensely focused on their subject. I am certain that both of you will do well, but always keep in mind that this is Uni. Some of the teachers concepts on homework can deviate at times. All around, though, they are surprisingly flexible, most of them."

Soon, they were close to the castle. Sam nodded and helps with the luggage, knowing that they would get to the right rooms.

"If you like, we can show you around a bit til the Sorting. I am certain that things will be fine till then."

"What do you think, Nickolai? I am up for a tour, even if it is short. I like to see more of the place, and it would distract us from dealing with the wait. however long it may be."

Ashley was a little insecure. She was already mingling with upperclassmen, and other exchange students, and she didn't even know what House she was going to be Sorted into yet. She smiled, blushing slightly. Pippen was a very nice cat, and she really hoiped that her pet and she would get along when they met at some later time.

35irqcn.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Jensen "Mongrel" Spencer, of the Leeds-Cohen family
House/Year: Fifth
Wand: Elm wood, 7', Jersey Devil talon
Attire: Semi-conservative suit, somewhat casual but generally keeping with the decade they are in. The Sixties.
Travel: Towards Castle
Tagging: None

'Now then, what extra would I need for replacing my phone and bag?' He scribbed various items into a notepad as the other occupants kept away from his hamster ball. 'Some things to take the place of my phone, perhaps one of the old magic mirrors. Special lighter for emergencies. Jewelry polish. Clothes iron. Chocolates and such. Protein bars and drinks for when working through meals. Vitamins. See if they have a postbox in the village that could be used for collecting whatever non-magical magazines and newspapers...'

(To the Castle Entrance)

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Travel:Traveling from Carriage Station to Hogwarts

"Thank you very much for the kind words" ,Nicko told both Sam and Alice. "I intend to study a lot I was brought up to take things very seriously when it came to school work and actual work, I was even sent to an all boys school to keep me from being distracted by girls". Nicko told them then laughed, "I am sorry I'm ranting I tend to do that when nervous".

"I would love to join you all on a tour I think it would help tremendously and I appreciate the offer very much" ,Nicko said in response to Ashley and Sam. "I can't wait to see where I am sorted, in my school in Germany they had houses too only they were color coded instead of having animal symbols, I am very interested to see how different everything is here".

5evf4o.gif
29ommpw.jpg

Travel: Just outside Hogwarts Secondary, entering the castle

"I think you'd make a fine Ravenclaw," Alice said with a smile to Nicko.

At that, Alice then got out of the carriage and unloaded her trunks onto her cart. Reluctantly, she placed Pippen back into his carrier, but not before giving him extra nuzzles and a kiss on the head.

"Sorry, Pip, but you have to go back. They'll let you out soon enough and I promise extra tummy time once I meet up with you in Ravenclaw Common Room. I promise." The cat purred at the dark-haired girl knowingly and she smiled. Turning toward everyone, she added, "I'm going to bring these inside and make sure Pippen is set in there before we tour around. But where would people like to start first? The castle or the grounds?"

Alice smiled as she let the others think about what they'd like to do. As they thought on things, she readied herself to bring her luggage, along with Pippen, inside the castle's main door, unsure if the others would follow her in with their own things or not.

(Exit to Ground Floor Corridors)

ne6m87.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Travel:Just outside Hogwarts Secondary, entering the castle
Tagging:Alice, Sam, Ashley

"Ravenclaw eh? I think you may be right from what I've read about the four houses I do also have the traits of a Slytherin as well though we will have to see where the hat decides to place me" ,Nicko said in response. He was glad he had already made some friends within the school and regardless of what house he was placed in he wouldn't stray from them. Nicko decided it best to follow Alice to the castle so he wouldn't get lost. He placed a self moving spell on his cart and led it up to the castle by telling it where to go.

(Exit to ground floor corridors)

3ppmx.png
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Daniel Thoreau Gravenstien "Tech"
House/Year:Ravenclaw, 5th
Blood Type:Muggle-born
Wand: 9 1/2", Ebony, Dragon Heartstring, Inflexible.
Broom: Hates these abominations.
Attire: Black Duster, Blue Fringes, Bronze Scrolling. Black Three Piece Suit, Bronze Pinstripes, Blue undershirt, thin bronze tie. Combat boots.
Travel: Apparation Station Straight to the Castle!
Tagging: *Shrugs*

Grinning internally, Tech easily followed the carriages up the path. Not that it was anything close to exertion. Probably could have clomped up to it in his normal form. Breathing lightly he padded along behing the last carriage, wondering how exactly he was going to shift back without anyone noticing. Few people knew he was an animagus, and he rather enjoyed the game of keeping it a secret while shifting about the school. As the carriage slowed on it's approach to the school, Tech chuffed lightly as he slunk his way under the moving vehicle. It was actually quite open down there, well, for a large cat anyway.

As soon as it stopped completely, Tech shifted, giving himself a few moments of rolling about on the ground to make himself a tad dustier. Satisfied that he now looked nice and dusty, he rolled his way out from under the carraige. Dusting himself off a bit, not too much of course, he strolled into the castle.

(To the Ground Floor Corridors!)

1em8le.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Travel:Heading to Hogwarts Secondary

Riku sat in the carriage as it brought her up to the school, she looked around at the scenery as the carriage rolled on. She sat patiently as the carriage drove her up to the castle. Finally the carriage came to a stop and Riku exited it.

(Heading to Ground Floor Corridors)

350szee.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name: Katy swift
House/Year:unsorted /first year
Blood Type:half
Wand:Chestnut, light brown , 6in, unicorn hair
Attire:the schools robes with a black tshirt with a white tiger on it with blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging:no one walking away from Lexi

Katy soon decided to explore further and said "well I will see you later when i get sorted ". she waved good bye and head out .
(exit to Ground Floor Corridors)

Back
Top Bottom