Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - Various Requests & Announcements

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
If GMs need to make announcements as the RP progresses OR if those participating need to make a request for something game-specific to help make the game better or easier, this is the thread for that. An example would be if we need to make a new thread for a new area we've yet to travel to, but would like to add, this is where you'd request that. Though try to give a bit of notice before doing so since most locations will need to be GM approved (which is just a fancy way of saying…. let the GMs know about them, let the GMs make them). Certain threads, such ones for when your character travels home or away for a holiday will be left to your own discretion. But, if it's on school grounds, it is GM territory and thus needs GM approval. Plain and simple. However, even when you travel away from school grounds for a bit, your threads will be modded by both GMs for basic game play and staff in general.

ANNOUNCEMENT - GMs

Announcing that my co-GM at present for this group RP is Ruphhausin. So, you can contact either me or him about stuff pertaining to the game itself. If goes into things beyond that and requires staff, bring it to me since I am staff.

ANNOUNCEMENT - CHARACTER ATTIRE

Another announcement..... just letting people know. Attire. All students when attending classes and such WILL be wearing APPROPRIATE school uniforms, nothing hoochie or whatever. It wouldn't fly in the world of the real, it won't fly in the world of RP. LOL. So, there you go. What your character wears during off hours can be a bit more lax, but even then, use some judgment. Remember, on school grounds there will be some ground rules. Off school grounds.... that's another story. Then, your character can wear whatever they want to and it's their deal then to deal with whatever repercussions come their way for doing such things. Whatever they might be. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - DIARIES

Once you guys have your profiles up and such, you can start filling out your diaries. Remember, every character (be they a student or a teacher) will have to have one of these. So, best to do them as you go. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - THIS IS 'GROUP'... SO CAN I JOIN?

The answer, on a whole, is yes. But is this 'open'? No. What does this mean? It means, you need to ask the GMs first before entering the group game, it means you have to submit a profile to the GMs for 'ok' before entering the group game, it means following the rules for the group game once you've gotten the oks and it means we'll work with you to figure out how to best incorporate your character should you enter the game mid-year (ie, the game's mid-year, not reality's mid-year, LOL) or at a 'strange' time. We want people to feel free to join at any time and we want people to feel welcome. However, this isn't a free-for-all either. There are some guidelines to be followed.

Now, who are the GMs??? They are yours truly... darkangel76... and Ruphhausin. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - DIARIES II

Another thing I wanted to mention about the diaries. Yes, EVERYONE participating in this RP will be keeping these. However, just because we can read what everyone's character thinks about the ones we are controlling, this does NOT mean that they are aware of those thoughts. Sure, it can give us, the writers, insight and perhaps makes us be on the look out for subtle clues in character behaviors in posts. But please..... unless those clues are present in the posts, DO NOT make your character suddenly change in behavior and demeanor, etc so as make things go a certain way, etc etc etc. That just ruins the fun. Keep your characters 'in character' and let things unfold and change as they will. And they WILL change naturally because we the writers WILL leave clues in our posts for others to see and then place them in the diaries once the others notice.

Just wanted to make this point VERY clear. Thanks.

ANNOUNCEMENT - POSTING PROFILES AND DIARIES
Those of you with 'ok'd' profiles, please try to post them ASAP so that we can all start getting our diaries filled in. The sooner people do this, the sooner we can start too. Remember that! ;)

Also, those of you with 'ok'd' profiles, but issues with the picture..... don't sweat it. Worst come to worst, I can resize the image for you and upload it to tinypic and insert the url code for you, no problem. Just drop me a PM if you need the help there. It seriously will take me all of like 2 seconds to do, if you need that assistance. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - TRAVELING & THE TRAVEL THREAD

Whenever your character is traveling via carriage, train, boat, walking (eg around Hogsdale) etc. (ie, en route via means where it is impossible to track via a single thread), please post your travels in here and document your method of travel in your header, etc where the 'travel' option is labeled (in all other situations, just leave it blank or you can list, "doesn't pertain" or "not applicable" or something thereabouts). Also, please be sure to fill out your header per normal and to tag per normal for the sake of tracking who you are addressing, etc.

Thank you.

ANNOUNCEMENT - HOUSE PASSWORDS

Every House has its password, and in the case of Ravenclaw its riddle, that needs to be stated in order to enter the common room and thus its dorms, etc. These can be found in the thread that gives the layout/geography information for everything for the RP. So, be sure to check that out so when you come to a point when your character enters your respective houses and such.... you know what to do. :)

Announcement: Concerning Student-Teacher Relationships

My inner Ravenclaw is what made me want to post this, and my inner Hufflepuff (as softly as he whispers) feels that its fair to post this. My inner Gryffindor feels it should be dealt with this directly, but it is my inner Slytherin is the motivation.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO LIMITING on Faculty-Student relations save one: Don't get caught.

Relationships are only as fair as they begin, and fair is rarely how they happen. Falling in love, or lust.. or both, with someone significantly older or younger always has pitfalls, especially when you are in positions of trust and authority. Even when both are adults, there are issues of trust.. particularly when you are trusting someone you love in the care of someone who is not supposed to always looking over your loved one like a medium rare lamb chop.

Whether you are the lovely one of the student or the loved one of the Professor.. or the student or Professor of the pair in question, fair would mean that you can not leave the inside of Hogsdale to enjoy your relationship. Also limited to only the time you have outside of class, and even school hours, as anything that happens acknowledging that relationship to the faculty or student body at large jeopardizes both the students educational and future vocational opportunities, as well as the reputation and faculty standing of the professor.....

However....

Within the select areas of the Uni... withing the hidden walls of certain areas of the castle.. and in the tunnel visioned eyes of the citizens and residence of Hogsdale.. and on the small island that seems to only be known to those there.. anything and everything is allowed. It is don't ask don't tell, scratch my back I'll scratch yours.. and a thousand other was of saying that the other way is being looked...

But outside of the area surrounding the Castle from the two miles of woods on the one crescent to the bare outskirts of town to the half mile on the outside side of the island... you are on your own.

As far as threads are concerned for posting in for our game...... with the exception of perhaps ONE more..... we should be set with all the threads needed at this point for starting. This means, any additional threads will be created only if the need somehow arises and presents itself as the game unfolds. If this happens, just bring it up here in announcements and request for the thread to be made and it shall be done. :)

That said, a profile or two more and we should be ready to start this baby! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! So, anyone who submits a profile to a GM from this point forward will be considered a late starter. This is more than fine and you are still more than welcome to join. You'll just be a late starter is all. No worries there. We'll figure out a way to incorporate you so don't sweat it. :)

Soooo.... people, be sure to fill in your diaries if you're able, otherwise please start doing so after characters start meeting each other. The time line starts per mentioning over in OOC:

Arrivals (THIS SHOULD BE IN HOGSDALE)
Settling in (MAINLY FOR RETURNING STUDENTS, UNSORTED WILL HAVE EXTRA FREE TIME IN HOGSDALE, ETC THOUGH ALL LUGGAGE IS DROPPED OFF AT MAIN ENTRANCE TO CASTLE)
Supplies check ( mostly a self-imposed thing..I am proposing this as I am seeing that the nearby town is like most college towns and has supplies in case people forgot or lost things...)
Meet and greet (short and for all, allowing transfers and returning students time to see and introduce) -- GREAT HALL TIME!!!!!
The Sorting (For the Uni First Years and transfers) and Feast
The Mixer (this can be after the Sorting and Feast or before.. mainly for those with last minute things to catch up on can share and for those with last minute moments to work through them before the school year launches with the Sorting...)

This is ALL in day 1. Just an FYI. ;)

WOOT! Cannot wait!!!!!!!

Also, another quick FYI..... don't be surprised if a NPC thread pops up here in the important/stickied section at some point as a means of us keeping track of what NPCs have been either GM or game participant created. We've been toying with the idea of possibly bringing in 'resident ghosts' like in the books..... but we'll have to see. And possibly 'gloss over' profs for classes. Nothing crazy there.... but we'll more or less play that by ear and see what happens. People can always make suggestions here in this thread as moments for those approach just as we will too. And when any decisions are finalized, we'll ALWAYS let you know those in here. THANKS!!!

Again, expect to see threads unlocking soon. Possibly either later today or tomorrow. Woot!!! :)

LET DAY 1 BEGIN:

Starter Time Line...

Arrivals (THIS SHOULD BE IN HOGSDALE) - arrive via boat, train, apparate...

Settling In (MAINLY FOR RETURNING STUDENTS, UNSORTED WILL HAVE EXTRA FREE TIME IN HOGSDALE, ETC THOUGH ALL LUGGAGE IS DROPPED OFF AT MAIN ENTRANCE TO CASTLE) - if sorted, may head to common room for a time prior to sorting; all may spend some time in Hogsdale prior to arriving at Secondary; must arrive at Castle and enter Great Hall for Sorting later on; arrive early before sorting for 'meet & greet'...

Supplies Check (mostly a self-imposed thing... CAN PICK UP LAST MINUTE ITEMS UP IN HOGSDALE, MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO MEET & GREET/CEREMONY)

Meet and Greet (short and for all, allowing transfers and returning students time to see and introduce... TAKES PLACE IN THE GREAT HALL PRIOR TO THE SORTING CEREMONY, NOT NECESSARY BUT IS RECOMMENDED)

The Sorting (For the Uni First Years and transfers) and Feast

The Mixer (takes place after the Sorting and Feast... TAKES PLACE IN THE GREAT HALL, AFTER OVER ALL HEAD TO RESPECTIVE COMMON ROOMS, DON'T FORGET TO LOOK UP HOUSE PASSWORDS/RIDDLES) - students and professors will attend this as it's a means for the Houses to intermingle a bit and for students and professors to reacquaint a little as well.

READY... SET... GO!!!

And again, if we need to add anything. Be it threads, NPCs, whatever. We can do that. Bring it up in the Requests/Announcement thread (that is, THIS thread) and we'll discuss and make it happen. YAY! :)

Same thing with late starting characters. If you happen upon this group RP and care to join, don't hesitate to ask. Just read through the stickied threads (especially the posting rules, interest/coordination, profiles, diaries, request/announcements and basic layout threads) and we'll figure out how to incorporate your character. It's never too late to join. Just PM a GM (namely, darkangel76 or Ruphhausin) and we'll help you out and approve your profile application. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - POSTING TIMES

If people could PLEASE adhere to the posting rules that would be most helpful as they were made to help maintain game flow. Absences hinder things, sure. But they happen to everyone as we all have lives outside the game. However, to be courteous to everyone involved in the game and help maintain the flow so that people can work around your characters better, PLEASE let us know when you're going to have these absences when you can. This is why we have a 'delays & absences' thread. No one will mind if you have to post in there and most of us will have to at one point or another (and probably more than once). It's more rude to not post in there and cause issues by suddenly dropping off the face of the game or for us to see you on and lurking or posting elsewhere with no explanation... all causing major delays in posting than to do so. So PLEASE..... don't hesitate and give the heads up. Remember, the typical time frame between posts is no longer than a 3-day wait period. If you go longer, best to let us know in the 'delays & absences' thread.

Anyone who does not post for 10 or more days without word as to why will be declared inactive just for sake of game flow so that the rest of us can move on. Those declared inactive may come out of inactivity at any time, but they'll have to contact a GM about doing so and figure out a way to reintroduce their character back into the game. This means coming up with a decent story as to what happened to their character as well for the sake of plot flow depending on where things are at in the time line/story line in the game at the point of reintroduction.

As an add on to what I posted above.......... if you are at the mercy of someone else for posting and fear that you might get labeled inactive or some such, don't fret. You can always bring it up in OOC or PM a GM if you're worried (but more than likely, we'll notice... I promise you that). Or you can also try and prod-post the person you need to post to move on. If these things don't work, we'll proceed from there. Just want to make sure people aren't worried or anything. Rules are meant to be reasonable and help make things flow for everyone. We want this to be fun for everyone. And again, if people go inactive, they can indeed come back. Just try not to make it a habit if you can help it. :)

Again, if you don't post for more than 10 consecutive days without any word (this even goes for ANY given situation your characters might be in), it's going to be assumed you've gone inactive. If your character is in a position where they cannot interact with others... have them explore places or create some NPCs just for fun or throw in a little back story. Seriously, it can be anything. But make it something. Otherwise, status goes to inactive. Of course, this can be changed back. But without any word or interaction we can only assume you, the player, don't care.

POSTING REMINDER

I'm not kidding when I say that if you do NOT post for more than 10 consecutive days without word or reason that you will be marked as inactive on the finalized list of characters. This can be changed if you contact a GM, but until you do so you WILL be marked as such. There's no excuse as to why you shouldn't be able to post as there are heaps of things you can do.... explore the castle, the grounds, the town. There are plenty of characters to interact with. So, please, if you can, USE THE DELAYS & ABSENCES THREAD TO LET US KNOW IF YOU WILL BE HAVING ISSUES POSTING. The expectation is that people will be posting every 3 days or less. Please, adhere to this. Thank you.

ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW THREAD ADDED

Added in a new thread for flashbacks. Some people have mentioned that they have fairly extensive posts they'd like to post up at various points to help flesh out their characters that involve flashbacks. Since these are extensive and such, I've made a thread specifically for those. We can cut into and out of it for those posts as needed just like we would any other thread. Just be sure to label that you are cutting into and out of it. There's no need to tag really as it's a flashback and most of your header can really remain blank as well. However, you will still need to post a header so that we can keep track of who the flashback belongs to. Anyway..... have fun with that and I look forward to learning about everyone's characters!!! :)

ANNOUNCEMENT - GAME TIME VS REAL TIME

Just wanted to let people know that my co-GM and I have discussed a bit and that RPing a little outside of real time/game time is all right. For the sake of avoiding confusion, obviously it's best to try and stay as linear as possible. But we get that this isn't always possible when people split up and do things separately and then need to re-converge with the rest of the group. When these things happen, it's fine to have 'double location posting', meaning posting for your characters in two places at the same time. Obviously they are NOT in both places at once and the times are different. Just be sure to label your times or make some sort of note indicating a 'when' so that as we follow along we get that something is happening either before or after another post so that we know which one is happening when. If there are any questions about this or if anything isn't totally clear do not hesitate to bring it up in OOC or to drop a PM. I'll mention this in OOC anyway. :)

While I would normally put this into the OOC, I feel in my position as assistant GM I have screwed the pooch a bit.

The magical drama that is unfolding in the Great Hall is intended to involve the entire group of players that are in there right now. I know that I should have said such earlier, but I mistakenly thought that I was more obvious than I was. I apologize to all players and senior GM darkangel76, as I really should have made this an announcement.

If anyone has any questions, please address them in the OOC, and if you need to, copy and paste this announcement there. I am holding off replying to the Great Hall for the time being so as many people can input and inquire on this as possible.

Back
Top Bottom