Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Heart Wrapped in Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morathor

Supernova
Introductions
Hi, I'm Morathor, and I'm a hopeless romantic (when I'm not busy with sadistic fantasies, but that's what my other request thread is for).
First things first: the RP I am about to propose is about as far cry from my standard cravings as you can get. Basically, nothing in my rabbit hole applies to this story, so read it if you want, but it's not relevant to this plot.
I've really been craving a fairly particular romance lately--by fairly particular, I mean that I've put a lot of work into the setting, as well as the character I want to use, and some general ideas on where the plot should go. It's not the most original plot, I suppose, but I'm really in the mood for it.

The Setting
A low-tech fantasy world--not medieval, really, more Renaissance. Some of the more common fantasy races would exist--elves, dwarves, etc, but would also love to hear more suggestions.
A nation's power and prosperity are more closely tied to the number and skill of its mages than anything else. About one percent of the population is born with a talent for one element of magic. The other ninety-nine percent can learn magic in theory, but the learning curve is incredibly steep and their power will be lackluster at best.
While magic talent sometimes appears in a family that has no history of magic, it can also be passed down from mother to child. The stronger a mage the mother is, the more likely she will pass on her talent, and those lineages which can consistently pass on their talents have become the nobility of the world.

The Plot
Near the capital city of the wealthiest nation in the world, a team of elite mercenaries make their home--no more than a dozen of them, each a skilled mage and warrior. They are very closeknit and consider themselves a family, though a fairly dysfunctional one.
The story begins when a new member joins, and is assigned as partner to one of their senior members. Though their new partner is emotionally distant at first, the newcomer gradually earns her respect, and eventually love.

My Character
The character I'm looking to play is... I guess the most accurate word here would be traumatized. Since an event some years before the story starts, the exact details of which are known only to her, she has become very restrained and unemotional. About the only thing she seems to care about is being self-sufficient; she does not want to accept anyone's help, whether it's a small thing that would hardly be any trouble, or something huge she really does need help with. Aside from that, she is passive and appears indifferent to everyone and everything--including her own survival.
Because she has not dealt with her trauma effectively, she is slowly moving towards a complete breakdown, and is beginning to have mild hallucinations (which will grow increasingly frequent and vivid until she manages to deal with the root cause).
In terms of skills, this character is primarily stealth-based, specializing in theft and assassination, although she will not hesitate to attack large groups head-on. She uses shadow magic. In terms of build, I want to play a small character--very short, very slender build. However, in keeping with her role as a warrior, she would also be fairly athletic, with well-defined abs and thick limbs. The character's age could range from late teens to mid-twenties, and I had planned on making her a half-elf, but that's negotiable.

What I'm Looking For
I'm looking for something long-term, as I think this is a romance that will work better if it goes slowly. As part of that, I'd rather not get into sex for quite a while--in fact, I'd be perfectly okay having this as a non-sexual roleplay.
While I could do this with a male or female partner, I'm feeling more inclined towards FxF right now. I've never had a chance to do a yuri pairing, which for me is a good enough reason to want to try it, but if you feel concerned about my lack of experience, I'm still definitely open to male partners.

Finally...
If this sounds interesting to you, send me a PM, or just post in the thread. If it doesn't look like your cup of tea, then I still want to thank you for taking the time to read this far. I wish you well and hope you find something more to your liking soon.

RE: Anyone feel like thawing an ice queen?

This sounds very interesting indeed. If you still need the newcomer, then I'm game for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom