Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

"He uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters."

miles

Super-Earth
"He uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters."

Such an innocent statement and on it's own does not seem all that alarming. How about when it's paired with a child's drawing of a gun? Well, now shit just got real, son.

http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/article/676401--man-arrested-after-daughter-draws-picture-of-gun

“I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” Jessie Sansone, 26, said Thursday.

“I was in shock. This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school.”

The school principal, police and child welfare officials, however, all stand by their actions. They said they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to.

“From a public safety point of view, any child drawing a picture of guns and saying there’s guns in a home would warrant some further conversation with the parents and child,” said Alison Scott, executive director of Family and Children’s Services.

Waterloo Regional Police Inspector Kevin Thaler said there was a complaint from Forest Hill Public School that “a firearm was in a residence and children had access to it. We had every concern, based on this information, that children were in danger.”

At the same time, other police officers went to his home, where his wife and 15-month-old child were waiting for his return.

They made his wife come to the police station while the other three children were taken to Family and Children’s Services to be interviewed.

“Nobody was given any explanation,” said his wife, Stephanie Squires. “I didn’t know why he was being arrested.

After he was released, Sansone was asked to sign a paper authorizing a search of his home. He signed, even though he didn’t have to, he said.

“I just think they blew it out of proportion,” Squires said. “It was for absolutely nothing. They searched our house upside down and found nothing. They had the assumption he owned a firearm."

And what did they find? A toy gun. The guy does not own a real firearm. If you read the article fully, you'll notice that the guys says he had good relations with the school and that he even volunteers with them and was offered a job. If a drawing like that warrants a conversation with the parents, then they should have had a fucking conversation. Nowhere does it say that she drew a bloody or violent picture and everything I've read does not specify why the school officials were under the impression that the little girl was in danger. Certainly not from her statements and drawing alone. Because that's baloney.

*Facepalm*

I'm dumbfounded.........How the fuck does this constitute a criminal investigation? So the girl drew a picture of her dad holding a gun. Was he shooting anyone with it in the picture? Not from what I can tell. Even the daughter's statement sounds more like a case of hero worship than anything else. So again I ask........Why?

People often wonder why I've lost faith in humanity........This is a prime example.

Back
Top Bottom