Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

immortal or forgotten?

krazy

Moon
i also don't normally write 'modern' stuff... but im trying my hand at a modernday/alt. history/ s.f story... im compleatly ok if i get a "wow u suck" as long as you give reason for it :) that way i can improve where my weaknesses are. (i know spelling is the worst) thanks
-krazy

Chapter One
Interrogation

Both rooms were darkened, and one wall of tainted glass stood between the female prisoner and the two Federal Marshals who have been chasing her down for three years. The female sat motionless, cuffed to the chair in the interrogation room. The table that usually would be there in front of her was pushed against the wall, and the light was cracked and useless. Inside the other room the Marshals were listening to a recording of their questioning her an hour before…
“For the sake of this case, please state the date, your name, and your age.”
“It is Monday, May 25th, 2015. My name is Jesika Reichenn, and I am 25 – according to your ‘records’”
“And according to ‘your records’ you mean?
“I mean what you’re kind choose to believe.”
“According to your own count how old are you?”
“I lost count at 1000.”
“Do you know your charges? Why you are being held here?”
“Drug use, sellin’, trafficin’, hell a bunch of shit.”
“Mainly you are here for the murders you’ve committed. You understand that?”
“I understand you have no proof that it was me who killed your cadavers.”
“Over five witnesses at the scene put you there as the killer Ms Reichenn. And that’s only for one murder!”
“And who was this that died?”
“Mr Carlos-“
“A rapist and a gang lord. Don’t tell me that he wouldn’t get the chair for the woman he raped and killed if you assholes could get a hold of him anyways.”
“So you say that the murder was justified?”
“If you could prove it was me, then I would say that it was justified- as were the others you don’t even know about.”
“Such as?”
“Well if you could understand where I come from- you would understand what I mean. Yet your kind is the same as they were on my world- arrogant, close minded, and stupid.”
“You’re world?”
“Yes...Must I go over it again for your ‘records’”
“Go on.”
“As I’ve said before- and not only to you but to your government in the past as well- I came to this world with a partner years and years ago.. Before your fathers father was born… We were sent here to help the human race not kill out yet another planet.”
“Meaning what exactly?”
“As I already said, you are all arrogant and stupid. Killing everything that gets in the way of completely conquering the whole planet. We were sent to stop the ones who became corrupt with their power by killing them before they killed too many.”
“A few names for examples?”
“Ah one that you should be grateful about- Adolf Hitler was killed by my hand with my partner holding the door. Moving further back, the likes of King Richard and the ‘Great’ Ceasers were the first on our list.”
“You are aware if you are lying to us that it automatically means jail time Ms Reichenn.”
“I’m not stupid enough to believe you’d put me back in your public jail system – and there’s no way a judge would pass off to put me in solitary on a disciplinary issue.”
“So you believe you are nearly 1000 years old?”
“ Yes.”
“Do you have proof? Because the fact you are still alive is imposable”
“I’d say shoot me and I’d show you but you already did that Marshal.”
“Are you known by any other names?”
“Ah the infamous question…”
“Answer it.”
“Look carefully through your record books Marshal and you can find me.”
“Under what name Mrs Reichenn?”
“Jest the Tainted.”
“You mentioned you had a partner? Where is that person now?”
“Your guess is as good as mine. I haven’t seen him since I left from Spain.”
“Which was when?”
“Much before your time, only a few years after this land was visited by those norse fucks...crazy bastards they were.."
“You said him. What is his name?”
“Zeiros.”
“And is he still alive?”
“You don’t listen well Marshal, I told you I haven’t seen him since I left Spain almost 500 years ago. “

The tape stopped playing, the younger of the two men looked up from his notebook, “So what do we do now sir?” The older of the two was looking through the glass at Jesika, he ran his left hand through his brown hair, “Two years of research and two years of playing cat and mouse with this girl… We finally have her here and I am at a loss for words Bill.” He stood up, and took the tape out of the machine, giving it to Bill “Take this to the boss, I’ll take her downstairs... Doc should be able to do some tests to see what’s what and we can take it from there.” He left the room, reappearing on the opposite side of the glass. Bill sighed as he left the room as well.

“Ah my favorite man in uniform comes out of the closet.” Jesika smiled up at the Marshal as he walked in front of her. “We have enough information from you now, we just need you to take some tests.”

“And what kind of tests would that be Mikeal?” She leaned her head back to look up at him “I hope they’re the ones that involve you giving me my cigg’s back.” Mikeal chuckled and pulled his hand out of his pocket, an unmarked box of cigarettes and a Zippo lighter were in his hand. “You know these will kill ya…” He picked one out and held it out towards her face; she moved forward to take it with her mouth. The black metal Zippo with a red design on it that was unrecognizable through all the cuts and scratches on the lighter itself. Mikeal flipped it open, Jesika leaned towards him more to light the cigarette and let a puff of smoke escape between her lips, “Thanks mate”. Mikeal shook his head and played with keys in his pocket, “Tests to see if you are what you say you are Jesika. As you said, it is hard for us to believe you… so now we can know for sure.”
“So I get to be your lab rat and your prisoner? What do I get out of it in the end again?” She took a long hit from her cigarette and French curled the smoke. He sighed and unlocked the cuffs from the chair “How about a new lighter?” He tossed her lighter to her and she caught it, “Nah, I was thinking a nice vacation without you chasing my tail around.” They both smiled… ‘What am I doing? She’s a murderer for Christ sakes…’ As Mikeal stopped his thoughts, he noticed Jesika smile. He quickly latched cuffs on her again, “For security reasons...” he assured her, she laughed, “Ah yes, didn’t want me going and killing more of your guards did you?”

After walking down hallways that blurred together they came to an elevator. Walking inside, there was a guard who held a high-tech shotgun. He was the big burly type, and kept his eyes on Jesika the whole way down to the lab. Jesika kept eye contact with him as well. Her piercing ice blue eyes seemed to dig into his skull and he felt as if he was slammed in the face with a shovel. The doors opened to white walls, floors, white everything. Mikeal lead the way out, Jesika nodded to the guard and walked out, quickly turning around, “You might need these Private.” She tossed up six shot-gun shells at him from her cuffed hands. He looked befuddled and bent to pick them up as the elevator closed. Jesika was looking at her new surroundings, countless science geeks playing with the government funded toys of the future and getting paid for it. She felt the cuffs come off, “Jesika, this is Doc. Play nice…both of you.” He left in a hurry; Jesika looked towards the Doc, “Hello there!” He was overly excited, “I’m Kain. How are you?”

“Er, I’m…fine thanks” She looked down at her hand as Kain grabbed it and shook it excitedly, “I am very glad you agreed to come down here Jes. Very glad indeed. May, may I call you Jes?” He had a thick London accent, making Jesika feel a bit more at ease. “Don’t get your hopes up too much Doc, I didn’t have much of a choice… Jes is fine.” She looked around some more.
“Well I think you may end up happier down here than up there with the walking suits” Kain smiled, “Unlike them, I hope to find out that you are indeed what you claim to be!”

Jesika shot him an angered look, “Which is what exactly?” the man was clearly intimidated easily for he took a step back as she spat out her words, “Well Miss… you claim to be aged beyond any records we have… and you seem to be virtually immortal…If our tests find this to be true, so many scientific findings could help the world! Not to mention-“
“Let’s stop at that Doc…I doubt what you find, if anything will HELP your world…” She finished looking around, “Where do we start?”
“That’s a great question dear, there are so many tests to run and … well I wouldn’t say we are short time, but the quicker things go, then the more chance you don’t get locked up.” He was shuffling through his desk looking for something, “Have a seat, and if you wouldn’t mind as to taking off your jacket as well.” Reluctantly taking off her leather jacket, she sat down on a brown leather medical chair. “And these are for?” She tapped the restraints hanging off of the chair as she finished her cigarette. “Oh, well…” Kain sat down on a metal stool and wheeled himself next to her, “Hopefully we won’t need to use them.” He smiled, “Have you ever had blood drawn before my dear?”
“On purpose or in a fight Doc?” She laughed, “Never for medical reasons...” She answered wearily as she saw him brandish a needle. “Ah, well it doesn’t hurt, just a slight pinch and pull is all.”
He motioned for her to give him her arm so she did, he saw multiple needle marks, sighed at first then looked closer, “Such useage normally leaves marks all along the veins…Track marks…” He looked back at her eyes and sighed.
“Doc, the test? Don’t look so disappointed… If you were alive for nearly two thousand years, you would do what I’ve done too...”
Without notice, Kain jabbed the needle into her arm and pulled back the knob at the top, her blood filled the tube, but Kain nearly dropped it, “You’re not afraid of blood are you doc?” Jesika laughed, yet Kain shook his head, “I was told you were known to have tainted blood, but I did not know that it was completely black… Has it always been this way?”
“Since I can remember…Hence the name you know…The Tainted...” She sighed as Kain pulled out the needle. He walked over to a microscope and began filling test tubes. Jesika walked over towards him, “I was never much of a science person since Germany…” She curled her lip a bit…
“Germany?” Kain asked as he mixed up his concoctions of her blood... “Yeah, I don’t talk about it much, but honestly Doc, I can sense that you would be far more understanding then Mikeal… being a man of science...” She sat back down on the chair as Doc Kain continued with his work, “Well do tell m’dear.”
“I was a spy for Brittan... I worked my way up to a high circle of the Nazi science division… perhaps you may have heard of Dr. Richtophen?”
“The crazy guy…“ Kain laughed as he turned around but quickly stopped as he saw her look of seriousness… “Do you mind if I have a look at your eyes as you talk?” He came towards her face with a hand held microscope, “Not at all doc… Anyways, I was working for him… He was not too pleased about having a spy in his group… It did not help that he found out I could not die, I must have been through at least five firing squads… I became the prime subject for his experiments leading to… let’s just say a not so safe work environment…” She winced as Doc Kain held a light in front of her eye, which dilated at a supremely fast speed. Doc Kain was again, amazed, “I read once that he and other scientist were trying to create a ‘super soldier’. I’m assuming you took part in that then?” He moved the light from side to side, “Follow the light with your eyes…” Jesika’s eyes followed the light, although she was not comfortable with having a beam of light going directly into her skull. She continued “Yes, once they couldn’t kill me, they started their tests, similar to what you are doing now, just… less personable.” Doc Kain smiled, “I do pride myself on being a very personable fellow.”
“Well, they drugged me, drained me, cut me up and sewed me up. My commanders back in London apparently did not want much to do with me at all once they got word I had been found out. I was stuck there until some US boys took over the lab, about a month before we killed Hitler.” She sighed, a flashback of her being rescued flooded her mind.

She had been left tied to a surgical cot in a musty room, that was splattered with blood and other unmentionable bodily fluid. When the US troops took the base, she thought they were going to leave before they found her. They kicked in the door and were horrified at her state of health. She looked like a corpse.

“You healed up fast!” Doc Kain had pulled her out of a fast day dream, he was looking at her arm where he had taken blood. It was already closed up, “The drugs must slow down your healing process…” Doc Kain looked at her, “I’m assuming you already knew that.” He smiled, she did too, “Yeah, well anything to make me more ‘human’.” She rolled her eyes.
“Doc, make any progress?” Mikeal had returned, this time another ‘suit’ stood back by the elevator.
“Well Mikeal, I know enough that she is not completely lying.” He winked at Jesika who smiled and lit another cigg’. “Meaning what?” Mikeal was clearly agitated. “What’s got your panties in a bunch Mikeal? Forget your lunch money again? Mommy hit you?” Jesika laughed, but was silenced by a punch to the face. “Mikeal! That is unnecessary!” Doc Kain yelled as he stood between the two, “As for the tests, I’ve yet to get official results, but from what I have experienced is unusual to say the least, her healing speed is, well, faster than anything I’ve ever studied to be quite honest. Her reaction is on the spot, and well I am sure you are aware that she has been through some deathly situations and has come out unscathed.” Jesika groaned from behind Doc Kain, “You sure about that Doc?” She held her hand over her nose that was gushing black blood, “I feel pretty scathed right now…” Her tone was joking yet sadistic as well. “If you don’t mind me asking, Mikeal, what is the rush? She has only just gotten down here!”
“Listen Doc, we have a problem…” He nodded his head towards the man by the elevator. “He is bailing her out.”
Jesika looked across the lab through blurry vision to see a well dressed man with short trimmed hair and dark brown eyes. “Who the hell are you mate?” She yelled to the man who responded with a quiet glare. “Right, well, you said he was bailing me out. So I’m out right?” She stood up, putting her jacket back on. Mikeal, although reluctant, nodded his head, “He paid the full bail in cash, Judge says you can go. If you skip our meetings, you will automatically get the full sentence in jail.” Mikeal sighed, both his hands on his hips and glaring at the suited man. “Well Doc, it was nice meeting you. Hopefully I get to see you again sometime!” Jesika started walking toward the man when Doc caught up to her and whispered, “If you need anything let me know…” He handed her a business card and smiled. “Be safe now dear.”

As Jesika reached the suited man, she nodded her head, “Thanks for the bail mate. Whom do I get to thank for this one?” The man simply nodded for her to get on the elevator before him. As the doors closed, Jesika noticed the look of fear on Mikeal’s face as he got eye contact with her. She could smell the familiar scent of the bulky security guard with the shot gun standing behind her, she quickly turned around and said, “Boo!” the man jumped, nearly dropping his gun as the elevator doors opened. “C’ya later killa’.” She said to him as they exited the elevator.

She was shoved into a black Sudan with blacked out windows outside the headquarters of the L.A.P.D. As she adjusted into her seat, the suited man got into the drivers seat and locked the doors. “You have gotten the attention of one too many people Jes. And you have forgotten who you owe.” Jesika jumped as the voice came from beside her, she had not even noticed the older man until he spoke. “Now you owe us even more for your bail.” His obscenely white teeth shown as he smiled at her with malice. “Hey now, I didn’t ask to be bailed…. I ..”
“Shut up!”
Jesika squinted her eyes in frustration but knew better that to piss him off further. “You haven’t completed any assignments for some time dear. And I am beginning to worry about your…cooperation with the police.” The man kept his face in the shadows but his smile was evident through a small bit of sunshine coming through his window. “Now, either you work your way out of debt, or we make your life hell. Is that clear?”
“As if my life wasn’t already hell?” Jesika retorted, and immediately wish she had not. The man had pulled a gun, yet instead of shooting her, shot out the window next to her. Sunlight flooded her seat in the car and she felt like she was in an oven. She did her best to stay still but could not hide the pain she was in. She tried to escape to the front of the car where the sunlight was still blocked out but the man grabbed her hair and kept her in place. “Now, I know you cannot die- but I do believe… you can feel pain. No matter how much drugs are running through your junkie veins.” He pulled her hair harder, her eyes began to water. “You work for me, you answer to me, and if anyone tells you otherwise, kill them. Do we have an understanding Jesika?” The man enjoyed watching the skin on her face and neck start to peal from the heat. She nodded her head, “Y..yea yeah I understand sir.”
“Good!” The car stopped. “I believe this is where your pathetic excuse for a home is. Come by the office tonight. And clean yourself up, you look like trash.” The man opened the door and Jesika slowly climbed out, before she got completely out of the car, it sped off. Leaving her standing in the sun. She kicked open the door to her home and sat in the cool shade of her living room.

As she finally regained her strength, she stood up, walking towards her kitchen. She pulled open the fridge to find that nothing was there. “Damn…Today is just shit isn’t it?” she said to herself. She opened a cabinet and smiled, “Well looks like the hood rats didn’t find you now did they?” She reached for the top shelf and pulled down two plastic bags, one filled with a green and fluffy plant like drug, another in a black bag. She kissed both of them, “It has been far to long…” She went back to her living room and sat down. As she picked apart the smelly green plant like drug and shoved it into a cigarette roller she thought about how long it had been since Mikeal had brought her in. “Hell, Carlos and me fought nearly….4 months ago. I’ve been sitting around LAPD for fucking four months? Are you kidding me? Hell...” she raised her Zippo to the rolled marijuana cigarette and took a deep breath and held it. She commenced with the usage of drugs that Doc Kain had been so disappointed about, and the day melted away.

A car alarm went off in the street and it brought Jesika back into a dazed reality. She looked at the clock on her wall, she had to be at the office of her new ‘boss’ in less than an hour. “Hell… this will be fun.” She wearily smiled and stood up. She washed her face in the kitchen sink and walked outside into the muggy night. Hailing a cab, she showed up at a club. The cab ride was something she didn’t remember as soon as she got out of it, ‘How did I get here?’ ran through her mind a few times before she had figured it out. She knew she had to move towards the ally behind the club to get to the office, so she attempted to do so. She was grabbed and stopped by a familiar face in unfamiliar clothing. “Mikeal! How nice of you to get out of that damn suit of yours!” Jesika started laughing, Mikeal however looked like he had seen a ghost. “Jesika, what in hells name are you doing?”
“You… you know who bailed me out chief? It’s a funny story, you let me out and gave me to this guy who wants me dead!” Jesika’s bloodshot and dilated eyes looked around for any distraction she could find. “AND!” she exclaimed, “I realized after I shot up, that I hadn’t done any drugs for nearly four months! I suppose I have you to thank for that chief!”
“I’m taking you back into custody…” Mikeal sighed, “Lets’ go.”
“No.” Jesika tried to walk past him towards the ally, she saw the suited man from the lab standing there waiting for her. “Jes, you don’t have to work for him.” Mikeal grabbed her arm as she tried to walk away. She didn’t like it at all. She quickly pulled him towards her and threw him past her, he landed on the ground a few feet away. She knelt down next to him and said as silently as she could, “I really don’t have a choice of not working for him unless you shoot me right now and bring me in.”
“What? That’s insane!” Mikeal said from the ground, he was clutching his arm that she had thrown him by.
“He’s watching…get me when I come back out.” She stood up and ran towards the ally. She got to the bottom of some scummy looking metal stairs. The suited man nodded for her to go up them, so she did. Each step created an echoing metal crunch against the bottom of her steel toed leather boots. For her it seemed like an eternity to get to the top. When she did, she looked back at the crowd of people on the street, Mikeal was still standing there watching her every move. She turned her head to the door, which had a hand written “Do Not Enter” sign on it, she could smell that it was blood smeared on the gross metal door. “In.” The suited man said, pushing her closer to the door. She took a deep breath before walking into a dark room behind the metal door…

Back
Top Bottom