Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Exequia

Minatei

Super-Earth
~~EXEQUIA~~

“Does life really have a meaning?”

+++

Karina was sleeping in her room late in the morning, a lazy person doing her work in a Saturday. Her room was made of simple green walls, small decorations of words that were written in many languages. The floor and the room in general are very tidy, something Karina preferred: order. A smell of burnt food suddenly woke Karina up though.

–Huh…? –She said as soon as the burnt smell woke her up– Oh no! Did I leave the food cooking?!

She got up from her bed suddenly, rushing to kitchen.

–I’m such a dummy… –She said when she reached the oven and turned it off.
–It’s such a hassle to live alone… I guess my parents can be helpful at times.

Karina stopped to stare at the smoke coming from inside the oven, although she realized it wasn’t a danger anymore. She considered that she would get the burnt food out soon enough. As she was lost in these thoughts, she heard a few hits on the door.

–Who could it be at this time? –She asked herself as she walked slowly to the door, opening it as soon as she got there.
–Kari!! –Screamed Miko and immediately jumped and pounced at Karina.
–Wah! –Karina screamed when Miko pounced at her, catching her, but falling back into her side of the door thanks to her bad reaction time.
–Mmm? Kari, it smells so bad in here. –Miko told her as she caught the scent of burned food in her nose.
–Yeah… I left some food inside the oven and forgot to turn it off… I was sleepy.
–You’re so strange! What if your house had caught in fire while you slept?
–Yeah, yeah… Could you get off me now? –Karina asked while she looked away from Miko’s view.
–But why? Your hip parts are comfortable. They’re bigger than they should be. –Miko teased, with a small smile on her face.
–Okay I get it already! –Karina said with a nervous voice, blushing as she answered back–. Get off me now, you’re quite heavy for your size too. –Karina let out a small giggle when she said that.
–Don’t laugh at me! –Miko got off her quickly, with a little pout written on her face.
–It’s the truth. –Karina got up and cleaned the back of her green shorts, adjusting them at her hips again–. What did you want, anyway?
–Hey! Now you sound like you don’t want me here!
–You make such a fuss about everything… –Karina said as she gave out a long yawn–.
–I came because… –Miko took out a newspaper and quickly showed her the first news–. Look!
–Huh…?
–It says they murdered a person yesterday! They found the body but not the weapon or any kind of trail!
–A murder in this little town? That does sound a bit shocking.
–Of course! Just imagine! The murderer could be between us and any of us could be next! –Miko hugged Karina tightly and buried her face just below her breast area–. Oh…!
–Hey… it’s not that bad. –Karina replied, patting Miko’s back–. The murderer probably knows he’s being tracked down already. He wouldn’t make the stupidity of murdering someone else… at least not soon.
–And maybe that person is stupid! I don’t want to die, Kari! –Miko hugged her friend tighter, sobbing.

Karina looked at the street past her open door, imagining how Miko’s childish mind could take all this in. She imagined it must have been scary, and that she had to make her feel protected. The morning didn’t seem different from any other… and it was hard for her imagining that everything was so quiet despite something so horrible happening.

–You won’t… Cheer up already. –Karina said as she hugged Miko like a big sister, protecting her younger sister from the cold–. Did the police say anything about this?
–Yes um… –She stepped back and began reading the newspaper–. They say they are investigation every found clue and they will come up with a list of suspects!
–There, see? It says they will find suspects soon. Everything will be okay.
–Do you promise? –Miko said with a sad face.
–I promise. Don’t worry anymore. Cindy is not with you today?
–No… I left my house as soon as I read this.
–She must be in her house then… Why don’t you go with her?
–No! –Miko’s face suddenly seemed scared– What if the murderer is searching for its next victim?!
–Miko… I told you there is no danger.
–I’m too scared to go!
–Fine… I’ll go with you okay?
–Yes! –Miko screamed, hugging Karina.
–Let me go change okay?
–Yup! –Miko had a much lighted up face, a big smile across her face

Karina walked back to her room, leaving Miko by the door, looking confused at the black smoke coming from the oven. Karina walked up to her room.

–A murder, huh… –Karina said as she began to take her clothes off, leaving herself in her underwear.
–I’m going to ask her who the murdered person is. –Karina picked up a blouse and jeans and put them on quickly, heading below to Miko again.

Karina went down to the living room, watching Miko going out of the kitchen. She figured Miko had thrown the burnt food to the trash can.

–I’m here.
–Kari! Let’s go! –Miko said, heading towards the door.
–I don’t get you sometimes… you’re always so eager.
–And you always sound depressed! –She ran out of the house, next to the mail box.
–Right behind you… –Karina sighed and followed Miko with a slow step.

~This is what I have written so far of the story. I'm more of a dialogue writer than an action one but my basic idea of the story is of Karina helping with investigations using her brain. I'm trying to base it in logical things to solve mysteries. The main one is of her finding various bodies killed in horrible ways in the city, and she must learn how it happened and who was responsible.
Think that's a good idea to go by, for those that like this genre? :)

Back
Top Bottom