Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Just You

ChaoticSunrise

Planetoid
Epilogue

It was the summer of 2010. School had just let out, and the coming August my best friend Jenna, my boyfriend Chase, and myself would be seniors and graduating with the class of 2011 at Carver High. That summer, though, I would have never guessed I'd lose Jenna and Chase. We were all coming back from a fun night of bowling, video games, and setting Jenna up on a blind date with Chase's cousin. Shortly after we left the bowling ally, it had started to sprinkle, and the sprinkle soon turned into heavy rain, followed by claps of thunder and the occasionally streak of lightening. Chase was a pretty good driver, he had never been involved in any accidents. He was driving, I was sitting in the passenger seat, and Jenna in the back middle seat. We all had our seat-belts on, Chase refused to drive otherwise.

It happened so fast, none of us even realized what was about to happen. We were ten minutes away from the suburbs where Jenna and her family lived. They were fairly wealthy. Her dad was a judge, and her mom a police officer. She was an only child, so she typically got what she wanted. We stopped at a four-way stop sign, and not another car was in sight. Chase pressed lightly on the gas pedal, his left turn signal on, and was making the turn, when headlights shone in our face. A semi rammed into the front of the small 1997 Buick. We were airborne, doing at least four turns in the air before landing on the top. The last thing I remembered hearing while going through the air was screams, and a screeching halt from the semi. And the last things I remembered seeing before I blacked out was Jenna in the backseat, not moving and her neck at a weird angle, and then Chase. My only love Chase, looking at me with his brown eyes, and he mouthed the words 'I love you'. Then red and blue sirens, and I blacked out.

I woke up in a room covered with white. The only color was pale yellow orchids beside the hospital bed. I felt completely numb everywhere, and I tried to move, but it was hard. I looked down and my right leg was in a cast and propped up, my wrist was also in a cast and I could see the bruises and scratches all over my arm, and I was pretty sure they were on my face. "Tracie?" I heard my mom's voice and I turned towards it. I saw her and my eight-year-old sister, Amanda. "Mom? What happened? I barely remember anything." I saw that my mom had been crying, and I started to worry. I was okay, right? I wasn't dying or anything, was I? "Sweetie, you were in a terrible accident with Chase and Jenna, the doc-" I cut her off there. "What? Where are they? Mom, are they okay?" My mom looked down, tears formed in the corners of her eyes. Amanda was curled up on the couch, looking like she was taking a nap. "Mom! Tell me what's going on." I didn't care about the dull pain at that moment, I sat straight up in the bed, wincing at the pressure from my hurt leg. "Baby... neither of them made it." I allowed myself to slump back at those words. They stung me like a whole nest of hornets. I shook my head, my own tears beginning to form. "No... I don't believe you..." I knew I was in-denial but I didn't want to believe her, or her words. "Their families are planning their viewing and funerals very soon, and they'd like you to come. I'm going to get something to eat." My mom stood up, I could tell she was shaking a little. Before she turned to leave, she took my hand and opened hers in it, I felt cold metal. She kissed me forehead and told me she'd be right back. When she left, I glanced over at the still sleeping Amanda, and I opened my hand and tears fell out of my eyes. It was a gold locket on a silver chain, in the shape of a heart. I opened the locket and my breath was taking away. On one side was a picture of Chase and me on our first date, on the other was a inscription.

"The greatest night of my life. To my love, Tracie."​

Comments appreciated<33 Chapter one added in a couple of days!

Back
Top Bottom