Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stanislav Petrov

Tathariel

Supporter
Supporter
I take my hat off to this good sir and give him thanks for saving everyone in the 21st century.

Question though!, Who can tell me how he did it!

This thread will grow from there! GO!

Mr Master said:
Check Wikipedia.

The majority of you would not have been born had Petrov not done his job and everything went wrong, though, I will say that.

Fascinating incident. I had never heard of it. And I'm glad for Mr. Petrov. I would have been a toddler then.

It blows your mind when you think about what the world could have been like if he had just decided to push the "fuck you too" button.

Mutually Assured Destruction.....its a terrible thing.

When the Soviets did a formal investigation into why Petrov didn't blow the shit out of us when he saw the flawless radar showing nukes headed to them, he replied, "Because I had a phone in one hand and the intercom in the other, and I don't have a third hand."

So in addition to saving the world, he also got the military equivalent of getting ass raped, they reassigned him, and he retired not long after. LAME

LOL, lets see, Who knows about Klebsiella planticola and how a certain Biotech company nearly murdered the entire world with it.
I swear its true, you just dont know it.

Back
Top Bottom