Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Divine Wrath

Trygon

Supernova
"Sometimes I really wonder, Dragon. What have you done for us lately? In fact, what have you done for us in the last three years? We kept you around on the request of people that aren't even around anymore. Maybe I should have left you dead!"

Green eyes blazed as the whitescale leaned in close, his forward-pointing horns hovering dangerously close to the other's yellow eyes. The blackscale leaned back, away from the threatening points, and arched a lip in a sneer. He reached up and grabbed a horn, pushing it rudely aside. The whitescale growled darkly, but gave him space as he replied.

"You weren't ready then. You know it, I know it, dogs know it. Maybe you are now, ja? Go for it. We both knew this would end up being your game. But remove me at your risk. As much as you'd like to dispense of me, the risk is too great to the Host. One day too dark, and you'd serve yourself a lead breakfast."

With a sharp roar, the whitescale lashed out, striking the other directly on the snout with an open palm. There was a flash of light, and the unfortunate target of the attack keened sharply as he was blown backwards. His wings made a crackling noise as the light shredded the edges of the fragile membranes, and he landed in a heap. He raised his head slowly, and his eyes crossed as he beheld a blob of white floating in front of him. Retina damage? No, as his vision cleared, he saw that his own scales had been turned white at the point of contact, quickly fading to grey and on to his typical midnight black. He looked up as a shadow cast by six wings fell across him.

"I refuse to be bound by Kaiser's stigma any longer. Just because he was too much of a doormat to stand up to you and demand decency does not mean your way is best. Moving forward, you serve me. Accept it and behave, and you may live."

Nicholas sighed softly as the cold rage left him, and with it, the scaled, bulked might of his warrior form. He held out a hand to Trygon, and helped him up. The blackscale rose shakily, leaning on his opposite number for support.

"Maybe you really don't need me, Nick. I think you could kill if you had to. All the same, I like this existence, meager as it is. I'll obey."

Call it a heavy metaphor for my own personality shifts if you like, but I've been in the habit of writing out the little dramas I perceive for the last few years. This is the latest, witnessed on 3/5/10

I've always enjoyed reading your "little dramas" when they come, they give alot of insight.
I havent had much of those myself since we parted.

Oh wow, that was really well written. A story that speaks for itself without you having to explain it. A nice peak into the self. Very nice piece of work, short as it may be.

Back
Top Bottom