Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can you delete a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystica

Super-Earth
I'm sure this has been asked before.
But I was wondering if there's a way to delete a thread?

I'm assuming you'd have to delete all the posts - but what if someone else has posted? You can't delete their post.

So then, is there a delete thread button or something? Or one in the future?

I was just wondering. :)

Thanks in advance!

If you want to inquire about a thread deletion, you need to contact staff to do it for you. In the past, members have deleted threads with other peoples' posts in them without asking permission first. And, just because you created the thread, does not give you the right to delete someone else's post just because they happened to post in your thread. It's just not polite to do. Also, most of the time, there's really no need to delete threads. Just request that it be locked until you wish otherwise. Though, as with everything, there are instances where it makes sense to just delete them. That said, just ask staff and we'll discuss it with you.

Yeah, I figured there would be a problem with the whole posts part of it.

Thanks! I was just wondering. :)

Oh, and I have one more question. It's not related to anything on here but I think it'd be a waste to make another thread.

If you want to post a raw roleplay starter, for anyone who is interested to answer, which forum would be best to post in? Or is that kind of a weird phenomenon on BM - and not something usually done?

Ps. I was looking at General Original Roleplays and almost all the threads are destined for a certain two people - like already discussed roleplays. That's why I was wondering.

Well, if you don't care about the who or how many, I suggest Open RP or maybe even P&S (though you'll have to be sure to follow the rules of those sections as well). It's very rare, if it even happens at all, to post a starter for a defined group or 1x1 where it's basically a first come, first serve. In fact, I've not heard of it. Hope that helps. :)

Haha, alright thanks. It's because a forum I used to go on, it was very popular. Perhaps I can make the thread a sort of, first come, first serve for the thread, but if someone else wants to continue it, they can PM?

I don't know. Maybe not. xD Thanks.

I've seen it done on the 1 on 1 threads before but I don't know how successful it was. In those cases, the poster put the thread up, using a title they chose and put their name and "First come, First Serve" in (). Then their first post was the opener with a little note that whoever responded first got to continue the story with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom