Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fashion Subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
Hey, guys, this is Hahvy. I was looking some things over in chat and I was curious as to what people might think of a fashion subforum. Not a fashion contest, mind you, just posting ideas about fashion in general. Like shoes and such and helping people find cheap items/clothing. Showing off different styles you like and seeing where the best places would be to get them.

Perhaps there could be discussions about shoes, what fit best, what look best with what outfits. Things like that. Nothing too fancy or over the top, just something to look at. And it wouldn't just be for the females, either. Guys could show off the best places to get cargo pants, or band t-shirts. Things like that.

Thoughts?

I can do all of that, I know most of my sites for the shoes and fetish clothing.

I can also find regular clothing as well.

ohmygod. yes! i would love to see this.
i can't claim any real vast knowledge of fashion, though i know of a few resources i utilize often for advice and deals.
but i have a fondness for personal fashion and love seeing a person's sense of style. definitely interested in this!

This sounds out of place for a writing site. Does it need its own subforum? Wouldn't a thread in General Discussion suffice? Or a fashion journal in the Journals section?

To me it sounds more like a blog idea. How there are some people who like cooking and thus write a blog about it. Just in this case it's fashion. In the past, people have pseudo done this in various sections, be it GD, multi media or journals. However, I'm wondering.... perhaps a journal could be made. If more people start stepping forward in wanting to make blog like threads, perhaps a special subforum can be made for journals for blogs.

I wasn't expecting it to be big or anything like that. Just an idea. And how would it be out of place on this site? It would still be writing, just for once it's not about video games, or story plots, or posting a picture of yourself. It could give some insight to different styles for character ideas.

I like the idea of having something like this as a writing resource. As a writer, I try to keep my RPs real using modern clothing (or clothing specific to the period) but while I can visualize the clothing in my head, I almost never know the "name" of the style in question. Something like this could help writers resource wise. I can't tell you how many times a partner has mentioned a type of skirt or other piece of clothing by the style name and I've had to look it up to make sure I understood what they were wearing.

Thinking of it as a writer resource, perhaps it could be a sub-forum under the Concrit & Idea Development forum. That keeps it more writer-specific - which would help address Fade's concern - but also gives a concrete place for discussions of that nature. People could post up help requests re: looking or specific fashions, identifying a style or brand, etc. Perhaps Hahvy would be willing to be the specific mod for it to keep the discussions more resource oriented so that the area wouldn't become a "Ooh, did you see what that celebrity was wearing today" type thing.

Just my two cents worth.

It's out of place in the sense that it doesn't necessitate its own subforum, in my mind. As a fashion discussion in Journals or General, sure, that makes sense. Anything people want to chat about is fine in those areas.

It is not 'still writing' in the sense that it's creative writing. It can bring a certain amount of creativity, sure, clothes can inspire or add to something, but its own subforum? That doesn't sound a bit much? Settings don't have their own subforum. Inspirational music doesn't; there's one for music itself, but it encompasses all music, and it's grouped together with several other things. There's conversation topics going on the site for things like cooking, combat and such, all able to add in their ways to writing, but none of them requiring more than a thread or two for their conversations.

It's worth noting that the initial post didn't involve any mention of it as an inspirational writing tool, but rather pitched it as a place for members to talk about shoes and band shirts and places to get clothes cheap. That's a Journal or General topic to me. If there's an interest in it for writing purposes, as a resource, which makes excellent sense, it would be a thread suited for ConCrit & Idea Development, the same as Broomhandle's thread about firearms and Zombie Galore's about hand-to-hand combat.

I like the idea of creating a subforum if your thought was to use it as a writing resource. If the original thought was to use it more as a general discussion topic - which is perfectly fine - then a subforum probably isn't the best place for that.

Definitely, if it's a writing resource, I say a thread can go up in ConCrit. If not, I say a thread can go up in either GD or Journals, whichever, depending on how you envision it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom