Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

a search for creativity [ one x one. mxf. story-driven. smut. original. fandom. ]

Read the entire thread. I will know if you did not, and I will make an ass out of you.

• Okay.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Okay.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, hello.

I am a feast for the seaweeds, but you may call me seaweed or some other clever nickname. I respond to pretty much anything, save for derogatory and sexist names. I am new to Blue Moon, but I am not new to role-playing. I have been role-playing since I was eleven and I am now twenty-one—do the math.

I hate making request threads so I am going to keep this as short and sweet as possible. I have another month or so before I start my senior year of college and I would love to occupy my time with some role-plays. Now, here is the catch: I am not an idle person. I tend to be too busy on Tuesdays and Sundays to get on the computer (for an extensive period of time, anyway). I do not have a regular job, but sometimes I find daily jobs. I am also spending a good hour each day to prepare for GRE testing next month. Also, I rarely get online when the weather is hot and humid. Then there are some days where I just do not feel like writing. Essentially, I am not going to be online twenty-four-seven.

I am a girl. I like to play female characters. I have no issue playing both genders when I use minor characters, but my main character will always be a female. Considering I am only interested in heterosexual ideas, I want you to play a male character. I do not care if you are a male or female behind the computer screen, so long as you play a male character.

For the record, I am not too keen on real-life scenarios. Writing is my escape from the insipid thing called life. I am a sucker for all things relevant to fantasy, horror, mystery, fairy tales, mythology, and sometimes science fiction. I am disgustingly finicky when it comes to science fiction. Now, I am not opposed to realistic fiction, provided it is combined with any of the previously mentioned genres, but there is no way you can convince me to do teacher x student, student x student, doctor x patient, doctor x nurse, or what have you. It is boring.

Guidelines:

i. You should be able to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Speech should be in quotation marks. Thoughts should be italicized. A new paragraph should be started when a different character speaks. You should know the differences between to/too/two, your/you’re, there/their/they’re, et cetera. It kind of irritates me when I see these mistakes, considering we are all adults and have (at least I hope we all have) a basic education. I realize mistakes are bound to happen, but there is a significant difference between a careless error and blatant ignorance.

ii. I like to write. A lot. I like the delicious combination of quality and quantity. I tend to write no less than five hundred words per post (figure out how many paragraphs that equates to; I no longer use paragraphs as an indication of how much I write), but my posts can easily climb above one-thousand words if I am feeling particularly inspired. Naturally, that can go in the opposite direction; I tend to type significantly less when I am uninspired, busy, too bored to write, et cetera. I will also type less if less substance is going on. I am not a mirror poster, which is to say I am not going to write a specific amount just because you did.

iii. I get really bored when sex is the only thing going on in a role-play. I get just as bored when there is no sex in a role-play. The ideal role-play would consist of sixty-percent plot and forty-percent smut . . . but my percentages may be off; I was never that great in math. Essentially, I want a teensy bit more plot than smut. When it comes to smut, I have a preference for the darker scenes—non-consensual, violence, blackmail, force, et cetera. I am not opposed to cutesy smut, so to speak, but it does not interest me as much. I am pretty vanilla when it comes to kinks, but there are some “out there” things I like. Here is a link to my Rabbit Hole.

iv. I will not role-play on instant messengers, e-mail, other forums, et cetera. You have your choice between a private thread and a private message. It makes no difference to me. Well, actually, I would prefer a private message, only because it saves me the trouble of uncertainty—with a private message, I can see if you have responded without actually having to go in my inbox; with a private thread, I have to go to the thread to see whether or not you have posted.

v. I get irritated when people ask if I am still looking for a role-play partner—if you are looking at this thread, I am still interested. I get just as irritated when people tell me they are interested, yet do not bother to say what they are interested in. I am not a mind reader, folks. Tell me exactly what interests you, because I am quite liable to ignore people who do either of the two things listed above. Also, I am just as likely to ignore people when I sense that I am the only one contributing to the role-play. These may be my ideas and plots, but I expect you to help when it comes to brainstorming.

vi. This is more of a personal preference than a guideline: I would rather not role-play with you if you are no longer in your twenties.

vii. If something is crossed out it means I am either (a) not interested in the idea for the time being or (b) I am currently doing the idea with another person.

Full-fledged plots:

◊ She had the most fascinating dreams when she was a child—her most recurrent dream involved a fantasy land led by an elf king. However, her dreams were rather peculiar. They would always pick up from where she stopped dreaming the night before. As she grew older, the dreams became less frequent and, for a period of time, they stopped completely. It was not until she started college that her recurrent dream started all over again, but something more peculiar happened this time: she was unable to wake up from her dream. Unbeknownst to the girl, this was the elf king’s doing, for he had grown lonely all those years without the girl. I want to play the girl. I would like you to play the elf king.

◊ She had everything a woman could ask for—a loving husband, an adorable two year old daughter, and a stable career as a scientist. She worked for a company that had been researching cures for cancer for the past decade. She was fresh out of graduate school and had only been with the team for a year, but she was eager and competent. Finally, they found the cure that would end cancer forever . . . or so they thought. What they actually discovered turned out to be deadly and was on its way to destroying every remaining living cell on Earth. With six days remaining, what does she do? Does she work with her team to try and fix their mistake? Does she spend her last days with her family? Does she have a mental breakdown and go crazy? I want to play the female scientist. I would like you to play a male scientist that is a part of the team.

◊ They were childhood sweethearts and attended the same medical school—he wanted to be a surgeon; she wanted to specialize in infectious diseases. Their method of paying the outrageous tuition? Selling the organs of their patients on the black market. I want to play the female. I would like you to play the male.

◊ She was a top-notch creative writing major who happened to land an internship in the state’s most influential media company. She was a little too good, too, for whenever she was given a task she would complete it with relative ease. Her most recent work led to the arrest of a corrupt politician and ever since the public had been keen on the girl, except for a man who was frightened by her quick progress. It could cost him his life, or even his job, so he decides to start feeding the girl all the wrong information to mislead her. I want to play the girl. I would like you to play either a serial killer or an investigator.

◊ She was the heir who was never supposed to exist—declared dead by her mother and father, the emperor and empress of a fantasy world, she was kept in secrecy. It was considered to be an act of kindness of her behalf, as the mother and father did not want their child to be involved at such a young age. It worked so well that everyone forgot she ever existed. Unfortunately, the emperor and empress were murdered in cold blood by a rival emperor. The rival emperor takes the fantasy world under his wing and the heir is left to reclaim her birthright. I want to play the heir. I would like you to play the rival emperor.

Other ideas:

It is very rare that I have a completely formed plot, but most of the time I have fragments of ideas in mind. It could be a word. It could a sentence. I draw inspiration from all sorts of odd places.

◊ Assassins (a man and a woman have been given a contract—kill each other.)

◊ Bomb threats on airplanes (something involving an out-of-state college girl coming home for the holidays who just so happened to pick the wrong time to fly home.)

◊ Captivity ("in nine hours and twenty-three minutes, you'll be mine.")

◊ Death pays a visit (she narrowly escapes death, only to be visited by the Grim Reaper later that evening—he is not happy, considering no one evades him.)

◊ Halloween (the holiday, not the movie. some pretty scary stuff can happen on this night.)

◊ Inherited guilt (descendants can never escape the stain of crimes committed by their ancestors, at least if the crimes atrocious enough.)

◊ Language barriers (simple enough: characters that do not speak the same language.)

Monsters under the bed (literally speaking, of course.)

◊ Paranoid-schizophrenics who think people are out to get them (and enlist the help of others to make sure people are not out to get them!)

◊ Something where I could play any of the following: a chemist, a detective, an executioner, a gravedigger, a plague doctor, or a waitress.

Fandom:

I am very meticulous when it comes to fandom. First, I am only interested in specific pairings. Second, I tend to lose interest more quickly with fandom. Third, do not suggest other fandom. If it is not listed below I am not interested. The character I want to play will be in bold font.

◊ Final Fantasy VII (the original game and Advent Children)
Tseng x Elena or OC
Reno x Elena or OC
Rufus x Elena or OC
Yazoo x Elena or OC

◊ The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mankar Camoran x OC Blades Member
Raven Camoran x OC Blades Member
High Chancellor Ocato x OC Mages Guild Apprentice
Mannimarco x OC Mages Guild Apprentice
Falcar x OC Mages Guild Apprentice
Celedaen x OC Mages Guild Apprentice
Alval Uvani x OC Dark Brotherhood Member