Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Has the search system been changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tentacle_Lover

Supernova
I'm just wondering, have there been some changes made to the search system?
Previously, when I did a search by author it would show all threads that the person had posted in, regardless of original poster. Now however, if I do a search it only shows threads started by that person, it doesn't show threads started by others that the author has posted in.

I noticed the issue first in Internet Explorer, then Safari on my iPhone started doing it. I switched to using Chrome on my PC which worked at first, now Chrome is doing the same thing aswell.
I've just tried Firefo 4 and it too is doing the same thing when I do a search.

Anyone else noticed this? Is this how the Search system is now designed to work?

Hm, I've checked my settings and can't see anything that might be causing such an odd thing to happen. I'm not sure what browser setting could even cause such a strange thing. If a setting were incorrect on my browser I would expect it to stop the search system working at all, not to cause it to display only threads I've started rather than all I've posted in.
It's also happening across 3 different browsers on my computer and 2 on my iPhone which makes it all the more odd.

Whenever I search, I only get threads that the author I searched for started. Is that how the Search system should be working? Or should it be showing all threads they've posted in?

An example setup I'm using is,

Keyword - Blank
Search by username - Stickyfun
Search in Forum(s) - Search All Open Forums
Search Options - Find posts from any post date
Sort Results by last post date in - Descending order
Show Results as - Threads

I'm gonna run a test for you and get back to you on that.

The setting you need to change is "show results as." If you set it to Posts, you'll be able to find threads you have posted in.

I've seen the changes as well and considering often I have used it in the past it makes me ponder exactly what caused it. Only the mods here might have the answer you are looking for.

I have tried the show as posts option, but that doesn't seem to show all the recent posts/threads, but more a random assortment of them :S

Apparently the slave server had stopped for some reason.

It should be working again in a few minutes after I reload and restart the slave, then run a new reindex.

I guess the rebuild took a few hours instead >_> Regardless, search should be purring again.

I've been looking into this. It just decided to stop working on Blue Moon's end, with no explanation. The server isn't even getting the queries. I need to write a new logging script for it because the current one isn't showing jack.

It's still being worked on. Sorry for the delays. Trust me, things are being worked on as quickly as they can be. Thanks for your patience. :)

No worries, glad to hear it's being worked on ^_^

Didn't wanna sound pushy or anything, just wanted to check how far along things were, hehe. Believe me, I know it wont be an easy job x.x

Everytime I search something, no matter what I search, I get no results.
Even if I search for my own thread or a thread I know exists. Nata.

Thought I was going crazy ^^ Glad it's being fixed.

Ugh, I'd forgotten about this during my move which sort of monopolized my time for awhile >_>

I wonder if an upgrade did it in...

visits and he used to visit it daily.... and then lost his login details and had to create a new user?
ist2_746781_female_student.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
cheap necklace
necklaces on sale
buy necklaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom