Legend of Zelda: Gaze of Darkness (Me and SexyChick)

Tashkin390

Star
Link began to wake up and looked up at the ceiling that was above him. It had been two days since he had been knocked out in the middle of the fields...he had been lost in a place that was dark as night. He thought he would never find his way out, but felt something hit the back of his head. He had blacked out...only to awaken to see that he was inside of a room with sunlight streaming into the middle. He sat up on the bed and then he sighed, figuring that he was somewhere fancy now. He looked out to see a dark barrier...covering part of the land of Hyrule. But he was now in sunlight...to be specific, he was actually in Hyrule castle!

He turned to her and the first thing that he could notice was how blindingly BEAUTIFUL she was. His jaw almost dropped but he stood up immediately, no shirt, dressed in just white slacks. "P-P-Princess Zelda!" he said, looking her straight in the eyes and standing with respect and attention. He did not want to appear as anything less than respectful. This was the princess he was talking about. "It's...it's an honor to meet you face to face!"

His face went red at the fact that he was standing there before someone so beautiful. He stood there for a moment before sitting back down, a headache coming up. He rubbed his head and said, "And there the headache comes...something knocked me out..." This was something that Zelda had not been informed about. The fact that Link had been knocked out and THEN brought back was something that not really anyone knew. Zelda, however, had been informed that Link had been brought from the darkness and placed there to rest. "So...why the dark barrier? I'm confused."

"Can I...help? How is a guy like me going to be able to do anything?" he asked her, looking at himself. "I was helpless in the darkness. What am I going to be able to do?" he asked her before looking at himself. He could handle a sword, he could handle himself in combat, at least he believed that he could. He looked at her and then he asked her, "Do you think that I'm capable of doing something, though? I mean, I can try it."

"Uh..." he said before going red again. "How am I going to-" he said before a guard came in. "Princess! Your father is calling for you and the boy to come into the court. Can you get him dressed in something...presentable to the court? My apologies, this is a direct order from the king himself." Link's jaw dropped and he asked, "What is going on?! I'm having an audience with the king now?!"

He looked at it and then back up at her. "You..." he said before shaking his head. "This is far beyond what I, a simple farm boy, could ever have hoped to have. By the goddesses...gold lining? And gold chain armor linked into it?" he asked before realizing that it was only gold coated, but it still looked fanciful. He immediately started to get it on over what he already had. It fit perfectly...he looked at the cap again and he wondered...why the hell had he ever worn this SOCK for crying out loud? Still, he put it on because it was at least something.

[gotta wonder why Link put up with it. XD]

He walked up and then he knelt down before the king, saying, "I am honored to be in your presence, your majesty." He did not know that he was the honored guest here in this court this time. He knew that he was just a common Hylian, not supposed to actually be there under normal circumstances. Then again, this was hardly normal.

"You have not even seen me fight! I swear, I cannot handle a sword...well, okay, that is a bit of a lie. I can. But compared to any of your soldiers, I am certain that I cannot wield a sword with the same prowess..." he said, looking at himself. He would be honored but at the same time, this all seemed...outlandish. One of the guards said, "Perhaps, then...a test, is in order? A test to see if he actually is the hero? I do not mean to be rude...but perhaps this will also help his confidence."

He was given a fine, sturdy sword, one of the swords in Hyrule. He gripped it with doubt at first...but something inside of him kicked in and suddenly his grip on it felt natural. He looked at the sword in his hand and felt...that it was just easy to use it. He looked at the guard ahead of him, who now had his sword out. Frowning softly, he got himself ready to perform his test. "The test is...the first person to strike the torso, was it?"

Link got his guard up, putting the sword before himself to ward off any blows that would come at first as he advanced to the guard, staying on his feet. He wasn't the strongest, but he certainly had the agility to back himself up.

The guard struck out first with a thrust to Link's advance, one that Link knocked aside before making a swift swing, one that almost caught the guard in his torso. Another swift jab, Link stepped to the side and stabbed the chest armor on the guard, knocking him back. It felt...easy. It felt that way because the guard thought it was going to be easy to take him out and thus was not trying as hard as he could have been.

Back
Top Bottom