Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Got a strange message saying I was banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
When checking someone's request thread I got a strange message saying I "didn't have the permission to view the forum". I logged out and in and everything seems to be peachy keen, though I thought I should warn you in case there may be some glitch in the forum software.

Well, earlier today the site seemed to have hiccups occurring at 2 different times. At least for myself. Maybe it happened during that time? Just a thought. Other than that, I'm not sure. Could be a glitch, but that's not my area.

It happened just a minute before I ended up posting that message. It wasn't a huge inconvenience for me, but I'm just worried that it may have some implications. I'd hate to see someone get banned by mistake or something and I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Hrmmm...... Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure what sort of glitch that could be as I've never come across it before. Vek might know better though given that's his area of expertise.

Was it something like this:

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=18359

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
You are currently logged in with the username: 'PatricioINTP'

This is one of my now deleted threads, and I encounter this on occasion when I get e-mail notifications of new threads that has since been deleted. I panicked myself when I first saw this page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom