Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

1960s Spy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szymanski

Super-Earth
Well, that absence lasted a little longer than I anticipated. Thought I'd be away for a weekend, and it turned in to a few weeks or something. I'll be sending out some PMs regarding resuming some of the RPs that I had going before I left for my mini-hiatus. I have a new idea that I'd like to try.

"THE 1960s SPY STORY"​
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDts1_TG0ao[/video]​

Right, I'm not trying to be funny here -- this was actually inspired by a beer advert. It only lasts about 40 seconds, but the ending is the most important part. I'll tell you why in a second. The year is 1967, and the place is a small town in southern Italy. My character -- a Scottish spy that we'll call "Morris" for now -- works with the British Government and has been sent in to investigate rumours that a spy is working in these parts, and sending back important information to the USSR. During his investigation, he discovers that the spy is actually the daughter of a very wealthy -- and powerful -- family that has a lot of influence over the running of the region. He also finds out that she is the most beautiful woman that he has ever seen.

He quickly breaks Rule No. 1 which is don't fall in love with the enemy. From here, Morris discovers that she has a lot of dark secrets behind that wonderful smile. This is where you decide whether you want her to be a proud Soviet spy, or is actually an unwilling (to an extent, I'd like her to enjoy some of it) and wishes for a life of freedom. Either way, I'd like the pair to fall in love and play a dangerous game of flirting.

Her "Superior" might not like her. In fact, he could be the one that is blackmailing her in to continuing to work for the Communist Government by threatening to bring shame and humiliation to her family. She drags Morris in to her dark world, and believes he might be the only person that can help her. However, they could find out the hard way that getting rid of her "Superior" might not be enough...
The setting would be similar to how the video ends (ignoring the piano on wheels, however!). Morris would infiltrate an important party held by her father and has learned that the spy's "code" or "call-sign" is a particular piece of music. So displaying his rather cocky and impressive piano skills, he hopes to get a reaction from the spy who he believes is at this party. At the sound of the tune, the gorgeous woman turns around... and that's when the real story begins.

Character(s) I will be playing:
* Morris Campbell, Scottish spy and your typical 1960s-era agent. He's a seasoned veteran, although prides himself on the fact he can resist the charm of a beautiful woman. Until now.
* The Spy's Father. An influential and powerful businessman, he is an outspoken-communist-hater with strong ties to many of the Western allies. He loves his daughter -- if she has sisters, then she'll be his favourite -- and would be heartbroken to discover that she has been working with the USSR.
* The "Superior", the man who gives the woman her assignments. No one knows anything about him -- not even his name -- and barely knows what he looks like. He knows that if he revealed her true identity, then her father would be ruined.

These are the three "important" characters that will be playing major roles at the beginning of the story. However, I'll no doubt bring in even more characters as the story progresses and things begin to get dangerous as she tries to get away from her life of spying.

ad20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom