Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rating system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Raven

Supporter
Supporter
I've been noticing that the five star rating system often differs with multiple things. From my understanding of basic viewing it is rated merely by the readers viewing said topic. So I believe it is also able for anyone on the site to rate. My question is is there a way to view how many people have rated it like you can with the polling system? I'm rather curious to see how many people rate certain topics I'm in with a lot of posts. Where in contrast I would like to see how many people rate the rps with only two replies with five stars. Just curiosity poking into my brain and wanting me to just browse at these options. So I figured I'd come here and ask if there was a way to do that.

A rating can be given by anyone who's a member of BMR. You can even rate a thread you've created. The only way to see how many people are rating a particular thread that has stars next to it, is to rate that thread yourself. If you don't rate it, you'll only be privy to seeing that it has "so many stars". If you rate, you'll also see..... x out of 5, y votes (or something like that).

When it comes to threads that have one or two posts yet a high 5-star rating, my guess is that it's the thread creators only who've rated it. Those that are a bit longer standing with more posts more than likely have others, including the thread creators, rating it.

Honestly though? I don't rely on the thread ratings at all. I find most of them are silly and pointless and tell very little about the content of the thread itself. Sure, sometimes the rating fits the thread, but 9x out of 10, it doesn't. At least from where I'm standing.

I understand that part. What I mean though is there a way to view it like the poll. like "10 users have rated this thread". I know the thread ratings are misleading I was just wondering if there was a way to view the number of people that have rated it. Is just a little something that peeks my curiosity. Something like 760 views but rated by five people, which would indicate that only five users found it worth actually giving it a rating, or that there aren't many people viewing the thread besides you and your partner. I know it's a random and rather pointless question for those people who don't really care. To be honest the only reason I'm asking is because of the random curiosity I have now.

Yes, you can. BUT only if you rate the thread yourself. If you don't rate it, you'll never know how many others did as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom