Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Heir To the Throne - a Harry Potter FanFiction

Heir to the Throne
CH 25
Gabriel Bloodhaven​

Harry sighed softly to himself as he strode down the halls of Hogwarts, his eyes red rimmed from crying. That's what people would see anyway, it was actually a minor glamor, but no one would realize that. He looked pale and sickly and he jumped at small noises as if he expected to suddenly be attacked. He looked, for all the world to be completely paranoid, and horrified. That was what he wanted, he was acting as if he wasn't sure what to believe or what to do, and Draco had been expressing concerns over Harry's health for several days now, practically begging Professors Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, and Pomfry to give Harry a vacation from school. Draco had even contacted Bill and asked the man to take harry in for a few weeks, it was Harry's last evening at school, and he couldn't have been any more pleased.

Harry looked like hell, and everyone saw it. To all appearances Harry had stopped eating again, stopped talking to anyone, even Snape, and wasn't sleeping. Even Dumbledore couldn't ignore that and had agreed with Draco that Harry needed a vacation, and had agreed to send Harry to Bill, who was vacationing in Ireland. It was perfect, it really was, because it was in Ireland that Harry needed to look for Merlin's staff, and it was in Ireland that Devlin and the hopeful Heir the Merlin's Throne where now living. Harry had been Fire Calling with young Terrance, and the young boy was very excited to have a Forest Elf for a Father, and Harry Potter for a big brother. He even promised to keep it a secret if Harry promised to be his big brother forever. The boy was adorable, and even Draco found him almost irresistible.

Harry sniffled a little and rubbed his eyes as he passed a group of students who threw him worried, half afraid, pitying looks. It made Harry sick that they looked at him like that, no matter the large dark circles under his eyes, his pale complexion and thin frame, even the clothes he'd bought where sagging on him now. Granted almost all of it was a glamor, but the other students didn't know that, and that was the point. He nearly jumped out of his skin when Hermione came up to him from the side, and Harry shied away from her when she reached for him, making her wince and her lip tremble.

“Harry I... I just wanted to give this to you.” she explained softly, holding something out to him. “for...for luck I guess...”Harry stared at the wrapped present for a long moment, hesitant before accepting it, muttering a small thanks before rushing away, unwrapping it as he walked and pausing when he saw what it was. It was a joke, that's what it was. It was a book of course, Hermione couldn't give anything else, but it was a book on defensive and offensive spells for Light Wizards. They where all pathetic spells, once Harry would have appreciated the gesture...now it just made him want to laugh. Still, it could come in handy, and most of the spells where harmless, he could give it to Terrance.

Terrance practiced 'old magic' the type that Merlin used so many centuries ago. It involved making a musical instrument by hand, soaking the wood and strings in strong full moons, soaking the wood before, and after it was carved. It was supposed to connect Terrance to the magic available in the world, and he was going to need some spells to practice with when he finished. Harry was half tempted to learn it too, many witches and wizards all over the world still practiced Old Magic, only in London, only in Hogwarts did it seem that old magic was no longer used, in fact wasn't even taught even in History lessons. Terrance wouldn't even need a wand, it made Harry laugh when people where astonished when he could use wand-less magic, when there where hundreds of thousands of people doing it all over the world, some even younger than Terrance was. Harry was really going to have to work hard to change people's perception of magic.

Harry's own perception had evolved dramatically just by meeting Terrance, who informed Harry that not only was there different 'practices' of Magic, but that you didn't have to use any one language for it either! Latin was the easiest to use, because it was an ancient language that worked well with magic, being that it was able to tell the power exactly what you wanted it to do. But Terrance used magic in Irish and Celtic tongues, as well as English occasionally when he needed or wanted. The little eight year old was so adept in magic that Harry was stunned until he realized that most everywhere else in the world, children where taught how to use magic the moment they used their first accidental use of it. Dumbledore had really twisted what Magic meant, and those under the rule of the Ministry had long ago been forced to forget, or think that anything else was Dark. Even Tom had been astonished to learn many of the things Terrance had been telling Harry, Devlin thought they where all stupid really.

Harry shook his head a little as he neared the large doors of the Great Hall where Bill was waiting, talking softly to Snape, Pomfry and Dumbledore, all of whom where giving Bill very stern instructions on what they were, and were not to do while Harry was around. Snape was giving Bill Calming droughts and anti anxiety, but harry wouldn't need it. He'd been dipping into the green potion that Snape had given him to keep himself from getting overwhelmed or overly depressed. Making certain that Draco didn't know, he didn't want Draco to feel bad or upset if he realized how overwhelmed Harry really felt.

All four people fell silent when they spotted Harry, and Dumbledore offered Harry a small, fatherly smile as he motioned for Harry to come over, Harry following the order and settling himself out of everyone's reach, but well within earshot so they could talk to him like they wanted to. He mostly ignored them as they told him not to go anywhere without Bill, told him to try to sleep and informed him that Bill had orders to make him eat. He just stared at his toes and only perked up when Dumbledore informed him that Draco and Blaise had agreed to visit Harry at least once a week, and possibly even more than that, and that Ron and Neville would be dropping by whenever they had a free moment.

How stupid could the old idiot get? He was just handing Harry everything he wanted! Now he could even talk to his friends and allies and try to come up with distinct strikes against Dumbledore, and Tom too lest Lord Fox appear to be focusing only on one and not the other. Tom was working the strikes out with Devlin, as many of Lord Fox's 'fighters' where going to be house elves, along with a few witches and wizards from across the world who wanted to help. Harry was really very amazed at how well everything was going, and could only chalk it up to luck and amazing allies and friends.

“Alright, that's everything then.” Snape decided, realizing that Harry wasn't even paying attention. “his bags should have been delivered already, one of his personal house elves is there too, she delivered Harry's bags.” Snape informed Bill who nodded a little and wrote that down on a spare bit of parchment as he had everything else.

“Ready to go Harry?” Bill asked, tucking the parchment into his pocket, Harry hesitating a little, looking around, looking as lost as he could manage before he nodded, following Bill to the nearest Fireplace, the eldest Weasley brother throwing the floo powder into the flames and calling out the name of his house. 'the scarlet Gold' and stepped through, Harry hot on his heels, struggling not to burst into laughter as Bill started to snicker as soon as they where in the house.

“You, Harry Potter, need to go into acting.” he teased smiling as Harry bowed playfully and banished the glamor that had been covering him, letting Bill get a proper look at him. “you look a LOT better Harry, you have meat on your bones!” he teased Harry laughing a little as he nodded, brushing soot off his clothes and jumping when someone cleared their throat, Harry staring at Blaise.

“But your supposed to be at home with your sick mother!” Harry complained. Blaise had left that afternoon to take care of his mother again, the dark skinned boy just smirked and shrugged his shoulder, Harry laughing again as he flounced over to give Blaise a tight hug. “Oh man it's great to see you! Pretending to be emotionally and mentally impotent is just too hard.” Harry complained grinning at Blaise. “Now we can all have some FUN for a while. Right Bill?” Bill just laughed and shook his head, making Harry pout a little as Blaise rolled his eyes.

“Harry your NEVER impotent, in ANY way. Besides I'm here for a reason.” he admitted smiling a little. “my Patriarch is here.”

“...your what?” Harry asked, looking baffled, Blaise laughing again.

“My father Harry, or as good as anyway. The Vampire High Lord Marquis. He's the leader of all the vampire clans and he took me in after my real father died.” Blaise explained. “I've managed to convince him that he needs to join the war, and he want's to talk to this 'Lord Fox' that is causing such an uproar about species rights.” he admitted Harry looking stunned, Bill looking more so.

“You have.. you have the High Lord Marquis HERE!?” he demanded. “he hasn't left the Blood Realms since... since...” Bill complained, so shocked and stunned that Blaise chuckled.

“Since the last major war almost three hundred and fifty two years ago I know.” Blaise stated with a smug little grin. “but, he's here now, and he wants to meet Harry... of course he doesn't know you're Harry yet.” he snickered a little. “it's not often I get a sly one over my Patri, I couldn't resist. Shall I bring him into the sitting room? He won't be expecting any refreshments so don't worry about it Bill.” Bill HAD been worried about it of course.

“Of course we need refreshments...” Harry complained nibbling his lip a little. “how about Animal Blood? Or is that insulting?” Harry asked, worried, Bill perking up a little.

“I can get some Venison blood if that's suitable? I can even flavor it with some spiced Rum or some whiskey.” Blaise chuckled at Bills idea and nodded.

“That's a wonderful idea. You get the blood and I'll help Harry change. My Patriarch isn't actually here right now, he's going to shadow walk in as soon as I 'call' him.” at their baffled looks he just snickered again. Wizards knew so little about vampires and their powers and culture. After the Vampire hunts they had all gone into hiding, and they had been secretive even before that! “never mind.” Blaise teased smiling a little as he shook his head dragging Harry over to the bedroom that Harry was going to be in until his little ;vacation' was over.

It took Ten minutes for Harry to get into his 'Lord Fox' outfit, mostly because he had to find the stupid thing, being that it was wrapped up in his invisibility cloak, which was protected by an invisibility and a notice me not spell. But finally he was properly dressed, and Harry let Blaise talk him into putting on some eyeliner to accent those vibrant green eyes. Harry refused the lip stain, no matter what it would have done to those 'beautiful luscious lips' of his. Harry smirked as he strapped on the Fox Mask, a glamor setting up automatically to hide his voice, making it deep and powerful. It also made his hair appear much longer than it actually was, falling to his knee's in a single braid that turned a vibrant white silver color. It was almost Draco's hair color, a bright platinum white that matched the white fur cape perfectly.

Harry was amazed that he could actually pick up and touch the braid, and when Blaise tugged on it, it proved to be his real hair that had just been magically grown. The removal of his mask proved to shear his hair back into his proper haircut without a trace of the braid. It pleased Harry to NO end.

“Bill!” Harry chirped rushing down the stairs, wearing the tight clothes, making the red head blush a little as he realized how handsome Harry really was. “this mask is PERFECT! You're the BOMB!” he chirped, grinning at the eldest Weasley who laughed and nodded as he held up a large punch bowl full of fresh Venison blood. It made Harry grimace, but Blaise licked his lips eagerly.

“I'm glad you like the mask Harry, I had it made in secret too so no one will be able to trace it to you...Blaise can Vampires get drunk? How much Spiced rum should I pour in here?” he asked blinking at the blood, Blaise chuckling as he offered assistance, pouring in several shots worth of Alcohol to flavor the blood just right.

“I'll Call him now.” Blaise chirped, smiling a little as Bill got down four glasses, putting ice in two and pouring out healthy portions of just alcohol for himself and Harry as the Boy-Who-Lived placed his Mask back on as he felt a tremor run through the wards, as if something had just passed through them, Bill even felt it, looking astonished as he realized that someone had just apparated, or teleported, or something right through the wards as if they didn't even exist.

Blaise entered the house through a side door, talking in soft tones to someone that Harry couldn't see, leading him into the sitting room while Harry and Bill where left to handle the drinks, not that Harry minded, it would give Harry a chance to calm himself down and adopt his 'Lucius impersonation' straightening his back and tossing his long braid out of the way as he headed into the Living room, and restrained from startling the way Bill did. It was very hard not too, the Vampire High Lord Marquis was a very handsome, and imposing figure.

He was tall, so very tall, over six feet at least with long jet black hair so dark there where natural blue highlights running through them. He was as pale as the moon and the build of a professional athlete. Well muscled but not overly so. It was his eyes that astonished Harry the most, they where literally GLOWING with power, a bright blue color that shone with an internal light all of their own, and he had power wrapped about him like a cloak. He cut a very imposing figure, and Harry, through his own stubborn will, did not start trembling the way that Bill was as he set down the tray of drinks, offering Blaise and the Vampire High Lord Marquis their glasses.

“Please do calm down.” the man purred, his voice rich and poised as he smiled at Bill. “I won't harm you.”

“no! I mean I know! I just... I've never..er, met a vampire before and...uhm...and.... my GOD your terrifying...” Bill blurted out before he could stop himself, and before Harry could help it he was laughing, drawing all of the vampires attention onto himself. Harry froze in an instant, the laugh dying on his lips as the glowing blue eyes fell onto him.

“My apologies.” Harry finally said, breaking free of the shock of the gaze on him, patting Bill on the shoulder to calm the still stammering man down. “that was terribly rude of me, it's just that I've never seen poor Bill here so flustered before.” he admitted snickering when Bill glared at him.

“I am not flustered!” he protested, sulking now as Blaise laughed and his father smirked.

“I am Gabriel.” the man introduced himself, offering them all a polite bow, Bill flushing brightly as he bowed back.

“I am William Weasley, most call me Bill.” he introduced motioning to Harry. “this is Lord Fox.” he explained looking around and hesitating before sitting down, fidgeting nervously as Blaise chuckled again.

“It is a great honor to meet you High Lord Marquis Gabriel.” Harry stated, bowing to the man. “but perhaps I should introduce myself as who I really am?” he offered, Gabriel looking startled as Harry reached up, gripping the mask. “i am Harry, James, Potter.” he stated, removing the mask, his hair and voice returning to normal as he bowed to Gabriel, who looked a little shell shocked. Blaise struggled to maintain his composure but one look at his Patriarch's face and the dark skinned vampire lost it, bursting into laughter as Gabriel fixed him with an annoyed look, Harry snickering a little himself.

“I'm sorry Gabriel, your..son? Talked me into it.” Harry admitted with a chuckle. “I assure you I really am Lord Fox.” Harry promised picking up a glass of Rum and taking a sip, smiling at Gabriel. “what can I do for you?” he asked, Gabriel pondering his new development as he took a sip of his own drink.

“I think the question here is, what can we do for each other young Potter?” Gabriel asked curiously. “you, or rather my son, wants me involved in this war, wants my people involved. But what does that mean for us?”

“The same thing as everyone else. Understanding, freedom, safety.” Harry shrugged. “there will be rules of course, same as everyone else, like no turning unwilling people, no feeding on the unwilling. I'm already well on my way to making sure that vampires have a welcomed position in society...well this society anyway, I am well aware that vampires have their own society.” Harry admitted Gabriel nodding.

“I am aware of the Blood Banks and the dark houses that you are setting up.” he admitted his head tilted. “but they are attacked often, several have been destroyed.”

“Yes, a fact that annoys me to no end.” Harry growled, annoyed. “there are innocent people in those buildings, and not just vampires.” he admitted sighing a little. “The truth is, right now there is nothing I can promise, I cannot guarantee your people safety, and I cannot promise your people peace. Not yet, not with the wrong people still in control. That is what this war is all about, fixing the things that Dumbledore, and that Moron Cornelius Fudge have destroyed.” Harry admitted. “your people deserve rights, and if I can win this war I will get rights for everyone I can. Even those who where trying to kill me like the Dementors and who ever else Dumbledore has talked, or blackmailed into joining him.”

“Indeed we do deserve rights, but how can I be certain I will get them when you come to power? Or rather IF you come to power? How can I be certain that you are not just another power hungry human hoping to use me and my people to win, only to betray us once you have?” Gabriel asked, lifting an eyebrow at Harry and silencing Blaise's outrage with a single movement of his hand. Harry paused and pondered that before he smiled a little.

“There is no way to prove to you that I mean what I say, just as there is no way for you to be certain I mean what I say or that I'm telling the truth. That is what all this is about, everything about this war is about. Risks, we all have to take risks. There is a risk that I am lying, that I will not help your people once I have control, if I have control... but really, what do you have to lose? A freedom your people still don't have? You can either hide in your Blood Realms, and wait for wizards to die out and hope you don't first... or you can take action, and fight for your freedom, and make me suffer if I prove to be false.” he shrugged. “really, I am the only person even offering you the chance to change the way that you and the rest of the vampires are treated, so you can either join me, or go back into hiding.”

Blaise looked very uncertain now, as if he wasn't entirely sure how Gabriel would respond to that. The elder vampire staring at Harry for a long moment before a wickedly amused grin spread across the man's lips. As if he found Harry just as amusing as he was annoying, Harry resisted the urge to shiver or quaver under the man's grin, which only made Gabriel's smirk grow.

“I do believe you have me at an impasse.” Gabriel stated. “there is little choice I have when you say things like that. I do believe I have been out maneuvered.” Blaise chuckled nervously and licked his lips as Harry laughed.

“Gabriel, someone like you can never be at an impasse nor outmaneuvered. If I where to be so stupid as to think I could outsmart someone centuries older than me then I deserve to feel your blade in my back.” Harry stated simply. “we both know that you could just as easily go strike a deal with Voldemort or Dumbledore, just to teach me a lesson...” he paused, studying Gabriel. “you always have a choice, everyone always has a choice no matter what they think or how others feel. The only question is, what choice is best for you? What choice is best for your people?” Harry knew he had Gabriel when the vampire chuckled and nodded.

“Well, I have to say, I never expected to be so thoroughly out talked by Harry Potter of all people.” he admitted smirking a little. “very well, I have to agree, you are the best option for me and my people. I will join you in this war, and hope to gain my people's freedom.” he nodded to harry. “you have a gilded tongue Mr. Potter, let us hope it does not get you into trouble.” a subtle warning, that if Harry betrayed Gabriel, there would be another war altogether.

“I assure you Mr. Bloodhaven.” Harry stated shaking his head. “I fully intend on staying out of trouble as much as possible. Can't have Dumbledore catching on.” he admitted snorting a little. “Actually, I doubt he would notice even if I was wearing an 'I Love Lord Voldemort' shirt and cast an unforgivable at him, the old dunderhead.” now everyone laughed, even Bill who was considerably more relaxed.

“A Toast then?” Bill suggested hesitantly, lifting his untouched glass of Rum. “to the downfall of Dumbledore.” Gabriel Blaise and Harry followed suit, chorusing as they clinked their glasses together and swallowed the contents in one gulp, chatting the rest of the night about how the vampires and wizards could better benefit each other, as well as discovering the truths, and lies, about vampires and their culture. It was a good night.

Back
Top Bottom