Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Obscure Plots: Oubliette and Relic [MxF, Longterm Romantic PM RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmise

Moon
Welcome
Hello -

I'm Surmise, its nice to meet you!

Things to know about me:
* I normally play modern storylines with the fantastical thrown in.
* I play straight m x f storylines, preferably with male partners.
* I like drama IC, not OCC.
* I try to be honest, friendly, and active in plot creation.
* I stray from the PWP? situations, but do tend to stick to romance heavy SLs.
* I :heart: detail but don't have to stick to post limits every single time.
* I am in the eastern time zone. My schedule is hectic and RPing by threads/PMs might be easier on my schedule ATM.
* Turn offs: incest, beastiality/anthro, bathroom situations, rape, gore/vore, dom/sub situations, characters under 18 + (I prefer 21+)
* I tend to stray away from cannon's except for the following:
- Dark Hunter Book Series
- Firefly

If you are interested in RPing with me, here are some tips to get my attention:
(I will look seriously at every request but there are certain things that will peak my interest more)

* Feel free post here but please also PM me.
* Link me to your request thread / F-List / any other site that has more info about you.
* Tell me a plot of mind you would like to work on, or suggest your own.
* Be willing to have a long conversation and work with me on creating an SL.

Links
Old RP Profile

F-list

Character Images (No defined SL attached to any)

Thread Navigation:
1. Introduction and Links
2. Storyline Ideas
3. Writer's Block
4. Favorite Quotes
5. Updates

RE: Waiting for an echo [under construction - please don't post yet]

Storyline Ideas
Note - All my characters will be 21+. Unless necessary for the continuity of the SL, I want to play opposite characters that are 21+. That being said, for no reason will I play anyone younger than 18.

1. Gift or Curse [Superhero SL, sort of]
If she had a superhero name it would be Serendipity. All her life she has had incredible good luck. But there is a cruel flipside to her gift: all people around her have incredible bad luck. Recluse, and resigned to her fate she meets someone who tries to withstand the horrible coincidences and rotten luck that seems to befall them.
[This is a very funny SL to do , lots of embarrassing situations arise due to her luck and her affects on others. Potential plot: She is the victim of some crime which a male character has to investigate - funny slips ups happened during the crime and while the male character is looking at the scene, interviewing her. Male character could be a detective or a male superhero in such a story-verse.]

When I originally played the SL before the f x m characters were long time online pals, each with reasons not to be out and about in the world, each with hidden powers and the SL starts when the male character learning of his powers (early college age) and he comes to visit the girl but she is too scared to let him around her because of what might happen to him. The male character had super strength so he was able to withstand all of her bad luck.

2. Mix between Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Dead Like Me [Open Ended]
So a person dies. Then what? I would like to play with alternative afterlife ideas. Something where the character (with some or all of his/her memories of life intact) says to the effect of "huh, everybody everywhere got it wrong"Perhaps its an interaction with the recently deceased and a tour guide for the land beyond. Or something else. This, like many of my ideas, is very fluid and open for change. Help me develop it!

3. Vague Idea
Help me come up with something based on this song lyric: "Through the Glass" Stone Sour:
I'm looking at you through the glass
Don't know how much time has passed
It feels like forever
But no one ever tells you that forever
Feels like home, sitting all alone inside your head.
[This could be a outsider SL, or a stalker SL (though does not have to be a kidnap or sex related stalking - sure there are lots of motivations for stalking someone, lets come up with a unique one. :)]

4. Too much Lockup Raw [modern or futuristic, prison escapee x prison employee]
Time in the near to far future:Riots and economic pressures in the United States and other law abiding countries has made the 21st century prison a thing of the past. Now, with a mix of parent state and no tolerance policies developed by conservative governments have created a alternative to the revolving door penitentiary system.

Location: Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Once a small autonomous country, economic bankruptcy allowed it to be bought, stripped, and converted into the solution for a modern nation's criminal population: isolate the "criminals", give them no technology and the very minimum of supplies, and let them kill each other to their heart's content.
Arrival: They get dropped in to the middle of the ocean and told to swim. Can't swim? Tough. They arrive to whatever kill and be killed environment created by the criminal hierarchy.
Supplies: Supplies are air dropped into the water off shore once a month. No plastic or metal allowed.
Monitoring: Satellite video feeds run non-stop from a ring of elevated walls and buildings five miles off the coast. This is where the bulk of the correction's staff work and live. Personnel monitor activities, direct supplies, and thwart any attempts at escape. Consisting of hundreds of staff members, there is also an auxiliary staff that lives and works on "the ring" to maintain the community: families of staff members, chefs, cleaning staff, etc.
Escape?: Shark filled (and fed) waters, and high powered, long distance weapons trained on the shores have allowed the facility to run with a clear record for more than 50 years.
The plot:
My character is a worker on the ring: as a staff member or part of the support staff.Your character: an inmate (perhaps innocent or not) who escapes and infiltrates the ring, constantly trying to either destroy the system or just return back to civilization with a cleared name.
[ Now this is a cliched story line but every so often it creeps into my dreams. Help me make it more realistic/less cliche, won't you?]

5. Amelie Inspired [modern, mxf, Open Ended]
Ever see the movie? Two quirky romantics met in a unique way and then spend their time looking for each other again while still keep their ideal dream world alive in their own mind/lives. This would be a big lead up SL, lots of chance meetings and cut-scenes before anything really "happens" between the two characters.

6. Modern Day Rapunzel [Yeah, I saw Tangled, so what?] [modern or modern-fantasy, mxf, Open Ended]
Long hair optional. This would be the fabled damsel in distress SL with a modern twist and perhaps a not so distressed damsel.

7. Oubliette [modern or modern-fantasy, mxf, Open Ended]
Oubliette: a dungeon with the only entrance or exit being a trap door in the ceiling. The word comes from French meaning "place of forgetting". This SL could be taken one of two ways:
a) A character finds themselves in an actual oubliette (think in the movies Labyrinth or Violence of the Lambs - no lotion please) and with no physical way out has to manipulate / negotiate with his/her captor to escape/endure.
b) a figurative oubliette. One or more characters in a social/romantic situation that seemingly has no way out.

8. Relic [modern or modern-fantasy, mxf, Open Ended]
Oubliette: a dungeon with the only entrance o, mxf, Open Ended]
An anthropology doctoral student takes a stint in an archaeology internship overseas (doing the grunt work for an actual Ph.D.) in [to be determined location]. After months of digging, dusting, and sifting she comes across an old relic of a by gone civilization and with it unleashes a cursed spirit. This could go a number of ways:
a) She unlocks a spirit or god that interacts with her.
b) she is transported to another time / location / place of holding where the spirit or god is being kept
c) the spirit overtakes her and changes her and the storyline consists of her returning to her normal life a very changed person, interacting with loved ones/a new acquaintance with a very different personality than before.

9. Snowed In [modern, mxf, Open Ended]
Two strangers get stuck snowed in [airport, bus station, only nearby motel still open] and find each other their only company. What will transpire and how will it change their lives?

Writer's Block Ideas

I have a book of ideas to get over writer's block. Here are a few of my favorite suggestions. Like one? Help me develop it. I may come back and elaborate on these in the future.

1. Imagine that you could wake up tomorrow in someone else's body. Whose would it be? How would your life change? [This could be two characters who switch lives, or even taken more supernaturally where characters wake up in a whole new world/reality.]

2. Write an argument between two characters that start in bed. [Opening RP scene that starts an SL with two already married/together couple.]

3. Write a story that starts with an anonymous love letter/valentine. [Flipside - SL that starts with an anonymous threat]

4. Elevator rides between either total strangers or total rivals. What happens and transpires when the elevator breaks down for six hours?

5. Write about a character who is granted 3 wishes. [The wishes may or may not turn out as the character planned.]

6. Invent a character who sees a phone number on a restroom wall. Describe what happens when he or she dials it. [Preferably not "for a good time call xxx-xxxx]

[These aren't my original ideas, just to give credit. You are more than welcome to use them for your own devices. If you are so inclined, let me know how they work out. ]

Favorite Quotes
"The Possible's slow fuse is lit by the imagination." ~Emily Dickinson

"There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down and open a vein." ~Walter Smith

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all." ~Richard Wright

"I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions." ~James Michener

"What would there be in a story of happiness? Only what prepares it, only what destroys it can be told." ~André Gide

"Writing is both mask and unveiling." ~E.B. White

[Have a favorite writing / rp relevant quote? Post it in my thread and I might add it here!]

RE: Waiting for an echo [ m x f ]

Hi there, Surmise.
I haven't seen anyone comment on this thread yet; I guess some can't really keep up with your interesting nature of writing.
Anyways, I really like your first idea- the one about the girl with extremely good luck? I was wondering if you may expand that idea a little more me. Elucidate. Like, is the plot about a boy or something who withstands bad luck just to be with her?

And if you're looking to see a kinks list the link to my Rabbit Hole is in the signature.

"Interesting nature of writing"? :) Hope that is a compliment Frosty. Thanks for the question. I added some more detail about my Gift or Curse SL.

When I originally played the SL before the f x m characters were long time online pals, each with reasons not to be out and about in the world, each with hidden powers and the SL starts when the male character learning of his powers (early college age) and he comes to visit the girl but she is too scared to let him around her because of what might happen to him. The male character had super strength so he was able to withstand all of her bad luck.

Ha, it was a compliment. ;)
And that is really interesting, I just need some time to get some stuff in order before I ask you to explore that story line with me.

RE: Waiting for an echo... [ m x f]

Thank you sir knight!

Psst! ::points up:: He's an excellent! rper!!

Added two new plots! (Relic and Snowed in).

Looking for feedback as well as interest. What do you all think of my growing list of RP ideas? If you have questions or critiques, let them fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom