Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Thorn in your side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayward

Lost in thought
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to my request thread. Some of you may have known me under the username of Wayward.

After almost a year of insanity on my end, I finally have an access point, a stable internet connection and time to sneak back into the forums here.

So, you're here for a game?

I've looked over the Rabbit Hole and F-List pages and find it far easier to simply create my own list here where I can note my particular role playing preferences.

First and foremost, I am a Lady with rich tastes. I love nothing more than high fantasy and swords and sorcery all the way to the more mundane, so long as it involves an element of the unreal. I occasionally dabble in science fiction, though over the last few years it hasn't interested me much.

It takes one hell of a game to get me into something reality-based. I also don't role play fanfictions of any kind if it involves characters from the original production. TV shows, books, movies... they're all a "no go" zone. I make the exception for games run of an alternate RP style (D&D, Dark Heresy, etc.), or games set in worlds from books I've particularly liked, but even then I'm terribly fussy.

I love original plot lines and characters with personality. Know your character, know how they react and how they interact with others and don't be afraid to let them live. There is almost nothing I despise more than two-dimensional stereotypical characters.

I am more interested in role playing for the sake of working with an interesting writer than to simply fill the time.

I play both males and females, though presently I'm after games where I don't have to take the lead and play the gentleman. I generally do not double characters. I find that it takes away from character development as a whole. NPCs or minor characters are fine with me, but I won't play more than one main unless presented with a situation that convinces me otherwise.

I'm also fairly open-minded as far as game/plot mechanics go, though I do not write smut for smut's sake. Anything that happens within a role play needs to be relevant to the characters or the storyline. I will not role play for the sake of a sex scene, or if one occurs it should be something that simply occurs rather than something that is actively sought within the game.

I confess to being a romantic at heart and prefer most role plays to cater to this at least in part. I do not expect to be swept off my feet and showered in diamonds, but if you're looking to impress, even an act as simple as the gift of a rose will capture my interest. I have a soft spot for true courtly love (we're talking secret midnight trysts, whirlwind affairs and risking it all for the sake of 'love', not just the Hollywood side), acts of chivalry and characters of class. At the same time, I have a penchant for well-written erotica along the lines of the Kushiel's Dart series by Jacquelin Carey. If you've read the books, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Alternatively, Wiki it and find out what you're missing.

I have a terminal weakness for corsetry, fine clothing (male and female), lace, lacing and the politics, characters and intrigue of the Victorian era as well as the darker side of the legends that go hand in hand with the time.

I am also deeply interested in the inner workings of the mind. Power games work as a nice beginning for me, whether they be on a political or personal level. They give way to the fun of the chase and far more interesting things. There is a certain finesse to these games.

As far as kinks go, I'm generally okay so long as it can be tied in to the game (see rant on Game Mechanics).
I am interested in:
- Corsets (wearing) and corcet piercings, lacing and laced boots.
- Bope bondage/Shibari
- Knife play
- Spanking
- Voyeurism
- Experienced partners
- Mind games
And a whole lot more, but they're the main ones and are a good staple to go by.

I do not do incest or rape, any kind of malicious, violent sexual act (unless it is directly in context with the game. I'll let you know) or anything non-humanoid or beastial. Uninterested in bodily fluids an generally avoid more than one sexual partner during a RP encounter.

If you're unsure of what my opinion is on something or if I've missed something, feel free to PM me. I don't bite much.

Present Requests:
(including, but not limited to)

• Series: Kushiel's Dart by Jaqueline Carey
I'm looking for a game that uses the known world within the series, though with original characters. I do not mind if book characters make cameo appearances within the game.

• Setting: Medieval Europe
The age of Man is nigh. Castles scatter the countrysides, each man seeking his fortune and glory by blade or battlefield and so very few find their heart's desire. Not all are fated to be Kings and Queens and those left in the wake of glory are fated to the muddy hillsides, the working caste and to be fodder for the cavalry.

At the moment I'm looking for something of mixed bag.
I want myths and legends, magic, mayhem and war. I want your traders, your Knights, Squires, mercinaries and your spies. I want your honour, deceit, your betrayal and your loyalty.
I want a game that I'm going to REMEMBER!

I will work out the mechanics and the plot with willing participants.

"Whip us 'till we're on the floor, we'll turn around and ask for more, we're Phèdre's Boys!
We like to hurt, we like to bleed, daily floggings do we need, we're Phèdre's Boys!
Man or woman, we don't care, give us twins we'll take the pair! We're Phèdre's Boys!
...But just because we let you beat us, doesn't mean you can defeat us, we're Phèdre's Boys!"

MorphineMonkey said:
"Whip us 'till we're on the floor, we'll turn around and ask for more, we're Phèdre's Boys!
We like to hurt, we like to bleed, daily floggings do we need, we're Phèdre's Boys!
Man or woman, we don't care, give us twins we'll take the pair! We're Phèdre's Boys!
...But just because we let you beat us, doesn't mean you can defeat us, we're Phèdre's Boys!"

Oh, thank god. That made my day!
I was thinking I was the only one on here that knew of the series.

Nah. I had several RP's thought that was based on something similar though. Well..... Similar in the sense that a roaming martial artist saves a woman of the night court from a band of bandits. She tries to thank him in about the only way she knows how (that doesn't include parting with gold) but is denied. She basically spends the entirety of the RP trying to seduce him. Hell, when you're the best in your field, you don't take rejection well......

.... wait, I got of tangent.......

It was. It was a fuckin' blast. It was also proof that a single person playing the same person can have different responses to the same situation depending on the opposite partner.

"Love as thou wilt."

Mmm. That's why I'm so interested in playing a game within the world. To have the same ethic, if you will, but applied to different people, different lives and situations.

Hell, it was also implied that animals weren't off the list of lovers. Glad to know that I wasn't the only fan of the series.

/me has no shame in admitting to it, despite the protests of his mismatching pair of chromosomes.

I'm about half way through the last book at the moment. If you do ever want to do a game based off the series, let me know?

Sure thing.

And the Last book's a doozy.

/me read them several years back....... he might have to get a hold of them again.

Actually... speaking of good books, ever read the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop?

MorphineMonkey said:
That I haven't.

Then again, I don't really read to many books like that.

Maybe I should......

Trust me, if you enjoyed the series by Carey, you'll love this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom